so this dude chris pratt was a d level sitcom star, loses 60lbs, and is now an a list movie star?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
No, hollywood is TRYING to make people believe hes an a lister

You could get any generic white dude and stick him in gotg and jurassic park and itd do the same numbers

Take him away from that and put him in a movie more reliant on star power and he'll flop

Sorta like the rock

You are wrong and really wrong to think anyone could do what the rock does cause that is a lie.

The rock is the best sports entertainer by draw and no one will ever redo anything via template close to him ever.

Like real talk,....
Rock is once in a lifetime more than Tanahashi is one in a million.
To the point if you were black and wanted to create a wrasslin promotion.
You won't be able to because the best black sports entertainer already existed and there is no one who can follow or even pull up close to make it a draw.

The rock is a completely out of the reach of anyone multi draw star.

Art Barr

peppe

Superstar
Daps
He has been in the game for a long time so I'm not hating on him for finally getting his shine. I believe he is in his 40s so he deserve it. @Yo Yo Ma he still outselling dc moves :mjlol:

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Sam Worthington's rise was a way bigger head stratch to me, dude was generic but pushed heavily. Chris Pratt I can understand. He's a likable actor with comedic chops like Chris Evans or Ryan Reynolds.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:jbhmm: if that was the case then why did his past two movies flop with Denzel and the current highest paid actress, JLaw?

One is Sci FI when they typically don't do well.

While, the other is a black western based off of a samurai movie, and directed by a black director.
That is out of the sweet spot of this Gen as well.
Plus, western were marketed to take away the title of cowboy from black people anyway.
So, it works against what white people have conditioned themselves to believe as well.

Art Barr

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I don't understand this guy's success either. It looks like a basic white guy, is that the appeal? :ld:

He is not talented or memorable in any way.

He always has a shytload of bronzer or tanner whatever that shyt cacs put on their bodies

:whatthefukk:

He will always be that fat guy from Parks and Rec to me though. :umad:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I don't understand this guy's success either. It looks like a basic white guy, is that the appeal? :ld:

He is not talented or memorable in any way.

He always has a shytload of bronzer or tanner whatever that shyt cacs put on their bodies

:whatthefukk:

He will always be that fat guy from Parks and Rec to me though. :umad:

can't stand hollywoods cac-factor as much as the next breh, but give this man his due.

He damn near the white version of Will Smith including untimely movie releases. Only reason Will gets flak is because his expiration date is up and he just doing it for the accolades but folk wanted action Will, nothing else.

shyt, he basically gutted Peter Quill... Normally wouldn't be too happy about it...but the result was decent, and created a franchise by just being his own damn self.