So the main appeal of living in NYC is living near traffic&walking distance to overpriced goods?

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
How does it lack AA culture? And how would you know? AA culture has not been dominant here in decades. This has been a black cosmopolitan city since the Harlem Renaissance (West Indian, Rican, Cuban, AA).

Don't say it's because Atlanta has more poppin' rappers lol.
The issue is with the presence of AA culture, it's basically not there. I was in Edgewater with my Rican folk like last year and was was there damn near moment we wasn't sleeping, everywhere in that bytch. I like NY but AA culture, not the people is pretty much non existent. The soul food is terrible, the dialect that would be universal damn every other AA community in the country ain't there, no sort of pride, I didn't see many AA flags if any, ect.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
The issue is with the presence of AA culture, it's basically not there. I was in Edgewater with my Rican folk like last year and was was there damn near moment we wasn't sleeping, everywhere in that bytch. I like NY but AA culture, not the people is pretty much non existent. The soul food is terrible, the dialect that would be universal damn every other AA community in the country ain't there, no sort of pride, I didn't see many AA flags if any, ect.

You can tell this dude is full of shyt once has said he sees no AA flag

Oddly enough the AA flag is waved around more on northern cities than down south.

What a weirdo you are. Make sure you don’t bring no female to nyc next time you here cause they going to feel that Zoe Beef. Something you can’t offer me vacant lot resident!

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Bro if you don't leave me alone :laff:

that line sounds gay af... jokes aside. That's how you really talk.. ??:dame:
I say that because that's how me and my bff talk when lames like you try to talk to us.. I have NEVER heard another man tell another man .. "if you don't leave me alone". That's something I would say to one of my male friends joking around or myself and a group of girls just talking back and forth. the zest factor is real for you huh? That would explain all this back and forth you're doing -
:picard::usure:

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
Head honcho yet you talk about non AAs every second?

Head honcho but what exactly have you accomplished?

Not even fallinng your trap you filthy vacant lot living c00n!
No I don't now gone somewhere. :laff: The irony of you calling me a c00n, that's Jim Crow slang, that's not even your history Zoe breh :laff:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
How does it lack AA culture? And how would you know? AA culture has not been dominant here in decades. This has been a black cosmopolitan city since the Harlem Renaissance (West Indian, Rican, Cuban, AA).

Don't say it's because Atlanta has more poppin' rappers lol.

He’s a retard! No AA flags being waved lol. The AA flag isn’t even waved that much in black cap ATL!

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
that line sounds gay af... jokes aside. That's how you really talk.. ??:dame:
I say that because that's how me and my bff talk when lames like you try to talk to us.. I have NEVER heard another man tell another man .. "if you don't leave me alone". That's something I would say to one of my male friends joking around or myself and a group of girls just talking back and forth. the zest factor is real for you huh? That would explain all this back and forth you're doing -
:picard::usure:
I hope you have nice day lady

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Can someone please tell me the accomplishments of @K.Dot ??

What exactly does this c00n do?
A very unmanly way of commenting is all that I can say - Did you see how he responded to you.... he said "if you don't leave me alone".. how many men do you know talk that way to another man? Sometimes all you have to do is sit back and let them talk their way into a problem...

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
A very unmanly way of commenting is all that I can say - Did you see how he responded to you.... he said "if you don't leave me alone".. how many men do you know talk that way to another man? Sometimes all you have to do is sit back and let them talk their way into a problem...

I can tell by his post. He is very poor, uneducated and have access to water that probably has lead in it.

His mother also lost her house in a foreclosure and the house now is probably vacant land.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I'm riding though new York....

NY headass nikka :mjlol:..... :mjcry: I just want to take pictures of Manhattan :mjcry:

These hating ass nikkas just want to admire us but don't know how to express it.

This nikka K.Dot probably has photos like this
Coming-to-America.jpg

fukking goofy ass tourist. :mjlol:

Piri Tomas

All Star
Daps

So you were in Edgewater, NJ, staying with Puerto Ricans, and based on that you concluded AA culture is nonexistent in New York City, across the bridge. The entire city? Okay.

NYC is too big for you to just hit up a few areas in passing and be able to make a sweeping statement that "AA culture is not present." I'm guessing you went to highly gentrified parts of town, hit up spots based on yelp reviews. The best spots are either small neighborhood ones light on ambience or in the home of a friend... experiences that are difficult to have as an outsider. I think that's the same in any city, soul food restaurants that I've been to in places like Chicago/Atlanta haven't been as good as home cooked meals I've had with friends, regardless of the location.

You really think there's a universal "black dialectic" in America... are you black? You're starting to make me wonder. you think an AA dude from LA sounds like an AA dude from Chicago? Really? AAs might not have southern drawls in NYC, but they don't in Philly either. In the old school black families with roots in Central Harlem, Bed Stuy, the Bronx, you still hear a lot of the Carolinas. It seems like your criteria for authentic AA is the recency of the Great Migration to an urban center, which is kind of hilarious and arbitrary.