So the main appeal of living in NYC is living near traffic&walking distance to overpriced goods?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Rather than quote me, you both should go and enjoy that wonderful NYC culture rather than doing back and forths online.
:picard:You sound HURT.

Low key, one of the most telegraphed emotional replies I've received. I can legit feel the spitefulness oozing out your post.

Would it make you more infuriated that I'm actually on the Southstreet Seaport a couple blocks from my office and enjoying the skyline? I'm literally doing what you asked...while writing dissertations on one of the best cities on the planet. :wow:

RicanFury

Come Home With Me
Daps
Reppin
a BRONX Slum by I-87 NORTH
Dope my parents church is on Albany and Midwood Street right past King County Hospital.

BK has its nutty but Brownsville is worse than church and Albany

yea but when i lived there i was an outsider....i threw hands about 10 times there over nonsense....im a white as hell rican living with a haitian woman :lolbron: it was frowned upon by the local knuckleheads:martin:

Piri Tomas

All Star
Daps
As a native New Yorker I notice that a lot of the outside hate is based on the complexity/cosmopolitan nature of our population. That's why some of these black posters are almost echoing racist whites in their criticisms of New York.

We do not have a homogeneous "black" vs "white" part of town. There is so much ethnic diversity within every single racial-ethnic category that black folk here might not even be able to communicate in the same languages and be neighbors for DECADES. I can understand why someone from the South Side of Chicago or other historically AA communities might be bewildered by that... Black people don't all frequent the same places, have similar experiences, even within one neighborhood. NYC breeds the hustle mentality because community cohesion is besides the point, people come here and stay here to chase their version of the American dream.

There is still no where better to be, whether you're educated or uneducated, in terms of building a career. Our municipal infrastructure and the need for trades makes this a thriving place not just for the ultra-educated (think Silicon Valley) but also those with more of a technical inclination.

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
As a native New Yorker I notice that a lot of the outside hate is based on the complexity/cosmopolitan nature of our population. That's why some of these black posters are almost echoing racist whites in their criticisms of New York.

We do not have a homogeneous "black" vs "white" part of town. There is so much ethnic diversity within every single racial-ethnic category that black folk here might not even be able to communicate in the same languages and be neighbors for DECADES. I can understand why someone from the South Side of Chicago or other historically AA communities might be bewildered by that... Black people don't all frequent the same places, have similar experiences, even within one neighborhood. NYC breeds the hustle mentality because community cohesion is besides the point, people come here and stay here to chase their version of the American dream.

There is still no where better to be, whether you're educated or uneducated, in terms of building a career. Our municipal infrastructure and the need for trades makes this a thriving place not just for the ultra-educated (think Silicon Valley) but also those with more of a technical inclination.
Not really, I mean NYC in contemporary times lacking AA culture certainly doesn't do it any favors but NY hate is mostly a meme.

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
Lmao this lame @K.Dot has to be lame out of all of them. He only pops up when a nyc thread pops up and is jealous of non AAs.

How does an AA from a filthy region named the midwest have so much hate towards people he don’t live with :russ:
Bro if you don't leave me alone :laff:

Jealous of non AAs when we the head honcho, okay champ

Piri Tomas

All Star
Daps
Not really, I mean NYC in contemporary times lacking AA culture certainly doesn't do it any favors but NY hate is mostly a meme.

How does it lack AA culture? And how would you know? AA culture has not been dominant here in decades. This has been a black cosmopolitan city since the Harlem Renaissance (West Indian, Rican, Cuban, AA).

Don't say it's because Atlanta has more poppin' rappers lol.