So Sony is not doomed after all?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I never once worried because at the end of the day i know its games people care about and thats what sells consoles all you gotta do is sit back and wait at this point for sony clause to deliver.

Just like i know the ratchet will be hype, i know horizon will be hype and factions will be hype and so on...there’s a clear rollout for all the big sony games to the point where i never have to worry about the state of PlayStation, thats why I bought it. 25 years of delivering games. Never failed. Same reason why nintendo fans buy nintendo consoles they know what they’re getting.

tm7mj1vp5ibstcgqkpmc.gif
What game is that gif?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Same with the MLB thread, nikkas danced up and down about the game coming to xbox for nothing. They did exactly what Sony players said they were gonna do...brag about getting it like it was a victory, download it to see the sony studios logo say “oh thats funny” play 3 innings and never touch it again.
Slander your own long time stanned exclusive series for console wars brehs:wow:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Same with the MLB thread, nikkas danced up and down about the game coming to xbox for nothing. They did exactly what Sony players said they were gonna do...brag about getting it like it was a victory, download it to see the sony studios logo say “oh thats funny” play 3 innings and never touch it again.

Most of the nikkas that made a fuss about that shyt don't even like baseball. :mjlol:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These giant companies just don't fall off a cliff overnight. Usually a change happens and how they respond to it determines their fate. In 2000 Blockbuster laughed a $50 million proposal to buy Netflix out of the room. 10 years later Blockbuster filed for bankruptcy.

I feel like the model Game Pass has is the future of gaming. Even on mobile Apple has an all you can play monthly fee model. How Sony chooses to respond to it will be the determination of whether or not they're doomed in gaming. Everything in the media space is going to a streaming type all you can consume service. movies and tv shows, music, audio books, eventually video games are going to go that route.

The business Sony is running in gaming is well suited to customers buying consoles and buying individual games for the consoles. As games transition to cloud based where customers don't even need physical hardware them focusing on these expensive predominantly single player third person action type games and funneling their business through that and hardware sales isn't gonna make sense.

Personally I don't think they're doomed at all. I do think over the longer term they're going to rethink how they design games and like everyone else transition to games as a service. I also think that's going to piss of a lot of people that are Sony fanboys today.
:russell:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m genuinely curious. Why are the Xbox dudes so gassed up recently?:russ: Didn’t notice any of this before the launch of the consoles. What came out?

the MLB shyt coming to game pass :lolbron:

couple folks had panic attacks over it and it was a ripe opportunity to troll

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m genuinely curious. Why are the Xbox dudes so gassed up recently?:russ: Didn’t notice any of this before the launch of the consoles. What came out?

Because we had 3 months where there was absolutely no games news at all, so backwards compatibility became king and gamepass was the king of giving away older games.

These gaming circles don’t live off games they live off the announcements of games, so announcements of gamepass stuff became the new hype.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Most people don’t mourn the death of cable TV. Most don’t mourn pre-streaming music. The overwhelming majority want all you can consume on a service for a low monthly payment. It you exist in media and you can’t adapt to a subscription based model it’s going to be a painful death.

Sony adapting to that model means the company their fanboys love when they talk about “the games” has to make them work in a subscription based model.

There’s still people in this thread talking about console sales. We’re at the precipice of users not needing a console to game. Google had the right idea with Stadia but the wrong idea in how people wanted to consume games on the service.

This isn’t the first thing Microsoft did in the console space that Sony has to respond to but it’s most likely the most important.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most people don’t mourn the death of cable TV. Most don’t mourn pre-streaming music. The overwhelming majority want all you can consume on a service for a low monthly payment. It you exist in media and you can’t adapt to a subscription based model it’s going to be a painful death.

Sony adapting to that model means the company their fanboys love when they talk about “the games” has to make them work in a subscription based model.

There’s still people in this thread talking about console sales. We’re at the precipice of users not needing a console to game. Google had the right idea with Stadia but the wrong idea in how people wanted to consume games on the service.

This isn’t the first thing Microsoft did in the console space that Sony has to respond to but it’s most likely the most important.
Ummmm I don’t care. Stop quoting me

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because every supposed bad Sony news means good news for Xbox even if nothing has changed on their part. Very sad bunch

Daps

Lol not really.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

tenor.gif

And MLB laughin as they fleeced Phil into giving them an additional check for Gamepass.