blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
outriders thread

last post was on Friday

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

that shyt came and went

Same with the MLB thread, nikkas danced up and down about the game coming to xbox for nothing. They did exactly what Sony players said they were gonna do...brag about getting it like it was a victory, download it to see the sony studios logo say “oh thats funny” play 3 innings and never touch it again.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I love how PlayStation fanboys are gonna pretend they weren’t also losing their minds last week.:mjlol:

The bottom line is that the perception of PlayStation is just so fukking positive, there isn’t much to be done.:yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I love how PlayStation fanboys are gonna pretend they weren’t also losing their minds last week.:mjlol:

The bottom line is that the perception of PlayStation is just so fukking positive, there isn’t much to be done.:yeshrug:

I never once worried because at the end of the day i know its games people care about and thats what sells consoles all you gotta do is sit back and wait at this point for sony clause to deliver.

Just like i know the ratchet will be hype, i know horizon will be hype and factions will be hype and so on...there’s a clear rollout for all the big sony games to the point where i never have to worry about the state of PlayStation, thats why I bought it. 25 years of delivering games. Never failed. Same reason why nintendo fans buy nintendo consoles they know what they’re getting.

tm7mj1vp5ibstcgqkpmc.gif

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I never once worried because at the end of the day i know its games people care about and thats what sells consoles all you gotta do is sit back and wait at this point for sony clause to deliver.

Just like i know the ratchet will be hype, i know horizon will be hype and factions will be hype and so on...there’s a clear rollout for all the big sony games to the point where i never have to worry about the state of PlayStation, thats why I bought it. 25 years of delivering games. Never failed. Same reason why nintendo fans buy nintendo consoles they know what they’re getting.

tm7mj1vp5ibstcgqkpmc.gif

I could have sworn I saw you panicking in one of those threads, but okay.:yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
A few weeks ago Sony was completely doomed; Jim Ryan was the anti christ himself and Microsoft had own the war.
Now we know that the OS5 is the best selling console in North American history, Sony has signed deals with elite studios to produce exclusive games for its console, Returnal is getting glowing previews and Ratchet and Clank looks amazing; all coming in the next weeks.

So are Sony still doomed or not? :mjgrin:
These giant companies just don't fall off a cliff overnight. Usually a change happens and how they respond to it determines their fate. In 2000 Blockbuster laughed a $50 million proposal to buy Netflix out of the room. 10 years later Blockbuster filed for bankruptcy.

I feel like the model Game Pass has is the future of gaming. Even on mobile Apple has an all you can play monthly fee model. How Sony chooses to respond to it will be the determination of whether or not they're doomed in gaming. Everything in the media space is going to a streaming type all you can consume service. movies and tv shows, music, audio books, eventually video games are going to go that route.

The business Sony is running in gaming is well suited to customers buying consoles and buying individual games for the consoles. As games transition to cloud based where customers don't even need physical hardware them focusing on these expensive predominantly single player third person action type games and funneling their business through that and hardware sales isn't gonna make sense.

Personally I don't think they're doomed at all. I do think over the longer term they're going to rethink how they design games and like everyone else transition to games as a service. I also think that's going to piss of a lot of people that are Sony fanboys today.