So should Kobe be ranked in the top 10 or not?

Is Kobe in the top 10?

• Yes

Votes: 116 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 31 21.1%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka...which one is it? Either he came in the league in his prime or he was still in it post-Achilles. You said double Bird's prime so back your claim up with facts.

My post said 7 years(maybe 8)... that was my initial post.... you took the latter cause it would reinforce your bullshyt point... when at the end of the day, the fact of the matter is that Kobe's prime is unarguably much longer than Bird's...... it doesn't need to be mathematically precise..... you new nikkas discourse like women.....

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
My post said 7 years(maybe 8)... that was my initial post.... you took the latter cause it would reinforce your bullshyt point... when at the end of the day, the fact of the matter is that Kobe's prime is unarguably much longer than Bird's...... it doesn't need to be mathematically precise..... you new nikkas discourse like women.....
7 maybe 8, that's 14 to 16. Even saying 14 debatable.

What's debatable is acting like "prime" is the only measure of ranking all-time greats...you debating like a woman right now nikka don't use hyperbole then get mad when it can't be backed up...but that's hard for Kobe stans to do...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn't relevant to the portion of post that you chose to quote...more womanspeak...

Is a player's prime the only way you rank all-time greats? Yes or no?

I see you didn't answer the question... so it's implied that longevity doesn't matter when discussing all timers... Got it champ

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Yes, fukking yes. I am pissed that this even has to be asked or is being made a thread. If you said top 5, maybe it'd be more valid but chill.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
How do we know that Bird was the clear #1 when he only has 2 fmvps just like Kobe. How did Bird play in that 81 finals? Give me something
He played like the best player on the team

They fed the hot hand in Cornbread Maxwell and it was an all around team effort to defeat the much weaker Rockets squad.

Throughout the regular and postseason Bird was easily the best player on the Celtics.

But clearly you want to insinuate that someone else was. So you gotta tell me who that is bro. Was it Archibald, Parish, Maxwell?

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There aren’t 7 players in league history better than Kobe and by better I mean Kobe would bust their ass if they played in their primes. The people who can’t be touched: Jordan. Kareem. Aight. But after them? :usure: Jordan was busting everybody ass at 24, 25 but y’all think Prime 2005 Kobe wouldn’t do the same to Bird and Magic or 2003 Kobe or Fro Kobe. If you dropped 81 point Kobe back in 1989, Jordan would’ve HATED that nikka. Honestly LeBron should be thankful he’s six years younger. By the time LeBron came into his own Kobe was 30, 31 years old. Let’s say Kobe was born in 83 or 84, they would’ve been the same age and got to play in their primes together. There’s no way you could’ve been arguing LeBron was the best in anything with Kobe over in the West averaging 50 points a month.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Of course you did... but the fact you wouldn't go ahead and concede when you already knew that Kobe's longevity>>>. well, like I said...... yall discourse like women..... just wanna win.... :sas2:
And I've asked whether or not a player's prime is the only or number one factor when ranking all-timers.

You won't answer this and went on to isolate parts of my posts in an attempt to act like I'm saying something silly.

The fact of the matter is whether Kobe's "prime" is longer than Bird's "prime" or not, he is not head and shoulders over Bird unless that is your only criteria. If one player isn't definitively over the other, ranking either one higher isn't outlandish and is debatable. I never said Kobe's prime wasn't longer than Bird, I pushed back on your hyperbole.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact of the matter is whether Kobe's "prime" is longer than Bird's "prime" or not, he is not head and shoulders over Bird

So I'll go back to a question I always ask.... what does Bird do better than Kobe.....? it's 2 sides to the ball now.... I know how yall like to do

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
He played like the best player on the team

They fed the hot hand in Cornbread Maxwell and it was an all around team effort to defeat the much weaker Rockets squad.

Throughout the regular and postseason Bird was easily the best player on the Celtics.

But clearly you want to insinuate that someone else was. So you gotta tell me who that is bro. Was it Archibald, Parish, Maxwell?
Go look up the 81 finals series and try again.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So I'll go back to a question I always ask.... what does Bird do better than Kobe.....? it's 2 sides to the ball now.... I know how yall like to do
This has been answered multiple times in this thread by multiple people, and breh you initially started debating with had even given Kobe an edge on defense.
Then how did the Celtics win a title in ‘81 before DJ got there?

Bird was a better passer, rebounder, more proficient shooter, and had a higher basketball IQ

Kobe was far more athletic, a better defender, and more explosive scorer

Bird was better at leading the break, greater distributor, greater distance shooter, his shooting advantage probably makes him arguably a greater scorer, better rebounder, his feel for the game was probably greater too, at least according to his legend...
My answer is the same as those. So how exactly "do we do" when this has been talked about already?