So should Kobe be ranked in the top 10 or not?

Is Kobe in the top 10?

• Yes

Votes: 116 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 31 21.1%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wtf does any of this have to do with what Bird was able to do in his era? :heh: They all had to play under the best of 3 rules back then. I didn’t have to be born in that era to know that the Lakers woulda washed that incarnation of the Celtics :pachaha:

So you speaking on shyt you don't even know about... .you just data mining and using bad context.... you even too slow to see that I wasn't saying that Dirk>> Bird, but they're not even comparable to begin with because Bird is clearly better..... stick to what the fukk you've seen with your own eyes.......

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Bird was a tremendous player, definitely top 10 in his own right. But he played on more stacked teams than Kobe had with Shaq and Kobe still went to more Finals and won more rings. And those making the argument that Kobe wasn't a catalyst during the Shaq years are the same people that think the only playoff performances that count are the ones that occur during the Finals.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bird was a tremendous player, definitely top 10 in his own right. But he played on more stacked teams than Kobe had with Shaq and Kobe still went to more Finals and won more rings. And those making the argument that Kobe wasn't a catalyst during the Shaq years are the same people that think the only playoff performances that count are the ones that occur during the Finals.

Bird only had like a 7 year prime(maybe 8) while Kobe's was like double that.... .at least... .there is no argument for putting Bird(or Magic) over Kobe.... not a legit one....

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
So not only are we comparing different eras, we gon deal in hypotheticals in a bad way... ok.. I see what it is
my nikka if you aren’t going to compare different eras then there’s no point if y’all arguing about Kobe being ranked over these dudes in the fire place.
So you speaking on shyt you don't even know about... .you just data mining and using bad context.... you even too slow to see that I wasn't saying that Dirk>> Bird, but they're not even comparable to begin with because Bird is clearly better..... stick to what the fukk you've seen with your own eyes.......
I never said or even insinuated that you said Dirk was better than Bird :mjlol:

This is what happens when y’all get too attached to sport athletes y’all nikkas get emotional like women :stopitslime:

Nobody’s data mining for shyt. If I stick to what I’ve seen with my eyes y’all nikkas still ain’t gon like what I got to say

Cuz when I tell you nikkas that got Kobe as a top 3 or 5 player of all time that in my lifetime I’ve seen about 3 players of his era alone that are likely ahead of him all time y’all gon look at me crazy:russ: That there’s a young SF playing in the league right now that might be a better overall player than Kobe ever was

When I tell y’all that the gap between an absolute peak Dwyane Wade & Kobe Bryant is smaller than the gap between Kobe & Jordan y’all ain’t gonna like it

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what happens when y’all get too attached to sport athletes y’all nikkas get emotional like women :stopitslime:

nikka stop projecting.... fukk you and sports..... and yes, you thought I was putting Dirk over Bird..... and the fact you feel qualified to speak on some shyt you aint never seen..... :pachaha: yall nikkas just raised different.....

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Magic did not even close the gap until the latter part of the 80’s. He was able to pass Bird up in accolades after his decline due to his debilitating injuries. Peak for peak Bird was a hair better than Magic, but they both share that decade

Mike was the most transcendent talent in the league by the mid-late 80’s but did not have the team success. The 90’s is his decade

Kobe went to more Finals yes, he was the leading force behind 3 of those trips and won 2 as the best player. Bird won 3 titles as the best player
Kobe has 2 fmvps and Bird has 2 fmvps

Daps
Reppin
NULL
my nikka if you aren’t going to compare different eras then there’s no point if y’all arguing about Kobe being ranked over these dudes in the fire place.

You aint seen that era to begin with... so you aint enough nikka... all I ever say is what does Magic/Bird do better than Kobe.. no more no less, and I never get an answer(on the internet)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Basically

And this "if Kobe stayed in Charlotte" has to stop

He would have scored a hell of a lot more points and had more than impressives all across the board?

How do yall know who they would have drafted and signed in free agency?
:mjlol:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
nikka stop projecting.... fukk you and sports..... and yes, you thought I was putting Dirk over Bird..... and the fact you feel qualified to speak on some shyt you aint never seen..... :pachaha: yall nikkas just raised different.....
You aint seen that era to begin with... so you aint enough nikka... all I ever say is what does Magic/Bird do better than Kobe.. no more no less, and I never get an answer(on the internet)

Find the quote where I insinuated that you think Dirk is better than Bird

You nikkas can’t even speak on the shyt you saw cuz you don’t even know wtf y’all lookin at :russ:Talking about Kobe is top 3 all time. :mjlol:
Can’t give y’all legitimate answers cuz don’t none of y’all wanna hear nothing. I’ll let you argue with the old heads that watched them early 80’s series then

Kobe has 2 fmvps and Bird has 2 fmvps
Yes and Bird was still the best player on the 81 Celtics

It’s the equivalent of pointing out Duncan didn’t win Fmvp in 2007. We know the deal already

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
Instead of Kobe being just outside the top ten we really need to take a look at Bird:jbhmm: Yes he and magic helped take the game to another level but does that make him a better player than Kobe:patrice: I can't pick Larry over a guy that not only could take over offensively but could also shut your ass down defensively:ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can’t give y’all legitimate answers

And there it is :umad:

And nikka who the fukk you think you talking too...? I brought up the fact that they played different positions and different styles just to mildly state that they really aren't comparable...... and your egghead ass brought up the fact that Bird played the 4(even tho you never seen him play) just to try to validate your bullshyt assumption of Dirk being the closest thing "we've" seen to Bird... stop pretending like you smarter than everybody or some shyt.......

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Kobe had valuable, prime years wasted on pretty awful squads surrounding him. You could argue they were the best years of his basketball playing career, where the game came the easiest to him.

Not a lot of other guys up for Top 10 discussion can you say that about. Kobe probably wins 6-7 rings if he doesn't have that 3.5yr drought in the middle of his prime playing with Javaris Crittentons and Lamar Odoms, imo.

Kobe was a better basketball player than Bird and Magic, imo. To answer the poll, yes.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Find the quote where I insinuated that you think Dirk is better than Bird

You nikkas can’t even speak on the shyt you saw cuz you don’t even know wtf y’all lookin at :russ:Talking about Kobe is top 3 all time. :mjlol:
Can’t give y’all legitimate answers cuz don’t none of y’all wanna hear nothing. I’ll let you argue with the old heads that watched them early 80’s series then

Yes and Bird was still the best player on the 81 Celtics

It’s the equivalent of pointing out Duncan didn’t win Fmvp in 2007. We know the deal already
Not accepting the deal, Kobe and Bird are tied for final mvps. Kobe 5 rings and Bird 3.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
What hurts Kobe's case for top 5 is efficiency and lack of accolades. I don't see how anyone cannot have him in the top 10 though.

nikkas really don't understand efficiency for SGs

:snoop:

one of the main functions of a SG is to space the floor...generally their avg fg Is further from the basket than 3s, 4s, and 5s

here are a list of players who shot between 44-46% (inefficient according to casuals):

Harden
Klay
Ray Allen
T-Mac
Vince
Mitch Richmond

Shooting 45% as a shooting guard is DAMN GOOD...esp when you're a perimeter threat