So should Kobe be ranked in the top 10 or not?

Is Kobe in the top 10?

• Yes

Votes: 116 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 31 21.1%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Denver
I see this GOAT shyt as being tier based

Tier 1 (GOAT)
1a-MJ
1b-Kareem

Tier 2 (Near GOAT)
No order
LeBron
Magic
Bird
Wilt
Russell

Tier 3
No order
Dream
Shaq
Duncan
Kobe

So that's eleven names right there. For my top ten, someone's gonna be the odd man out and it'll obviously be someone from Tier 3

At that point, bias will kick in, one on one comparisons etc. But me, I could definitely see Kobe out of the top 10. To be honest, for me...every day it's different...but most days I may have Kobe at 11, outside looking in. Take Duncan at 10 over him...but then again, you could easily argue the reverse

To me I can't put Kobe over Shaq or Hakeem....
I basically have this same list except Bron in tier 1 and I don’t rank wilt and Russell. Game was just too different. Even though he has 11 rings I can’t imagine a scenario where Russell doesn’t get absolutely marked by Shaq or Hakeem.

so Kobe is top 9 for me. Then probably doc, KG or Moses at #10

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I’ve never seen a player have a rank varied to the extent that Kobe has. And this is before he passed. “Pundits” and fans alike both see-saw on this it’s kind of crazy.

Some people have him as high as 5 and some people have him ranked in the teens.

It shouldn’t be this complicated. Kobe is the consensus #2 SG of all time. Neither Shaq, Hakeem nor Bird can say they are consensus #2 at their positions and they all are generally ranked as top 10 players. Tim Duncan can actually claim he’s also at minimum top 2 at his position but he’s widely considered a top 10 player, so why the hesitation when it comes to Kobe?

Some people have him as high as 2, not 5

I'm talking other players and that's before he died

It has a lot to do with how you view the game

How heavily do you way stats/accolades vs ability?

Players are looking at the moves he's doing, the shots he's hitting, and they're like "nobody other than mike is capable of basketball at this level"

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I have not heard a good argument on why Kobe isn't top 5 let alone top 10. What is this based off of? Rings? Only 3 of the names that have been mentioned have more. Impact? He's as big a global impact on the game as anyone mentioned. Until recently it seemed like the argument against being the GOAT came down to titles but now it seems when it comes to Kobe, the argument is changed to discredit what he did.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Let's see..undeniable names

Jordan
Shaq
Magic
Wilt
Russell
Bird
Kareem

After that, who the fukk knows. LeBron seems top 10 already too.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I see this GOAT shyt as being tier based

Tier 1 (GOAT)
1a-MJ
1b-Kareem

Tier 2 (Near GOAT)
No order
LeBron
Magic
Bird
Wilt
Russell

Tier 3
No order
Dream
Shaq
Duncan
Kobe

So that's eleven names right there. For my top ten, someone's gonna be the odd man out and it'll obviously be someone from Tier 3

At that point, bias will kick in, one on one comparisons etc. But me, I could definitely see Kobe out of the top 10. To be honest, for me...every day it's different...but most days I may have Kobe at 11, outside looking in. Take Duncan at 10 over him...but then again, you could easily argue the reverse

To me I can't put Kobe over Shaq or Hakeem....
Nope...

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
5 rings, second greatest SG ever. Eyeball test tells me he is at least top 5 let alone top 10. MJ and KAJ are the only 2 I can put in front of him without thought. I can tolerate Magic and Duncan, outside of them, nah man.
Duncan is above Wilt Chamberlain? Lol.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
InexperiencedSimilarCopperbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Kobe was on pace to pass Kareem in scoring before he tore his achilles

Kobe was on pace to be the all time leading playoff scorer

Kobe is top 4 in scoring & made the all defensive team 11x...this shouldn't be a debate whether he's top 10

He's the most skilled player to ever play the game of basketball

The question is do you have him in your top 3 or 4

Him & Mike are the best basketball players I've ever seen