So PS4 nerds... Explain to me why I can't connect to a LAN cable...

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I just noticed that these clowns in here trying to be funny about me saying "LAN cable"... When the reason I probably even wrote it because thats what it's LITERALLY called on the PS4 when youre setting up connections

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

But I'm the one exposing myself :mjlol:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Add me on Live and Steam - Barnett114

:salute:
Xbox live?

Sure I'll add you when I get back

Decided my work around for this bullshyt is to hook it up downstairs and let it Download my shyt.

Luckily the only thing I will be playing on the PS4 is just RPG's... Hopefully I won't need great internet connections to do that

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
what exactly is it saying? doesn't the PS4 have some sort of 'test connection' option?

Yeah, ive tested it about 15 times now. Basically it obtains an IP address (because I manually inserted it) and fails on everything else. It doesn't connect to network

Ive looked up the error codes and it's led me to shyt Ive already done (put in manual addresses, changed DNS's, etc).

It's a common problem it seems but the only solution seems to be changing DNS to googles DNS (8.8.8.8) and that shyt doesn't work

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
One of the main reasons I don't like it is because I have to sit here trying to troubleshoot basic shyt, when all I want it to do is DL the fukking "exclusives" I purchased while I'm at the gym without taking 99+ hours to do it.

I think it's GetThatMoney212 but can't see it until I'm connected to Internet to confirm

yeah...

So what I did was plug the LAN cable into my XB1, screenshot it's information, plugged it back into the PS4, and entered the same shyt in Manually

Still nothing :martin:

Only thing I can think of next is to take it downstairs, hook it up to the big screen next to the wireless, and let it download its shyt there...:beli:
I download PS4 games from my smartphone and when I get home they're already installed and ready to go. :yeshrug:
But like I said. You don't like PS4 anyway so I'm not sure why you're wasting your time with it.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
As in?

That didn't work either

And I'm surprised half of you know what Ram is/means:mjlol:
If you entered the wired info from your x1 into your ps4 it most likely wouldn't work. I just plugged both my x1 and ps4 and the wired Mac addresses are different.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
So what I did was plug the LAN cable into my XB1, screenshot it's information, plugged it back into the PS4, and entered the same shyt in Manually

Still nothing :martin:

If you do it like that, you should reset your router after changing devices (going from Xbox to PS4). Most routers I've dealt with in the past 'configure' themselves to a device when you cable it. So plugging a cable into one device, and then another won't work. It's been awhile since I've had any issues, but if you're switching between devices, reset the router after pulling the cable from one and before plugging it into the other. Or plug it into a different (re: open) port on the router itself.

And you can't plug the information in exactly, as 2 devices can't use the same IP address.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I download PS4 games from my smartphone and when I get home they're already installed and ready to go. :yeshrug:
But like I said. You don't like PS4 anyway so I'm not sure why you're wasting your time with it.
Because I paid for it breh:dahell:

I gave Sony my money with expectations and have been disappointed most of the time. Thats why I haven't liked or played with it as much:beli:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
How old is your PS4?

I'm not sure how old mines it.. I got the white, Destiny bundle so I'm guessing 2/3 years.

And no, nothing has issues connecting wirelessly or wired. I have 2 desktops, 2 xb1s (one is hardwired one), 2 tv's and a projector all upstairs that connect fine to wireless or cable.

Aside from my phone (which has shytty wifi as well) everything is cool except the PS4, and I don't feel like sending that shyt in or getting a newer one
My PS4 is a launch model. Got it off Amazon day one. And my point about the wifi is that something may legitimately be wrong with your PS4. That doesn't mean that every other PS4 has the same issue. You may have found other cases online where people have the same issue as you, but that's not surprising because so many units have been sold. Out of millions sold some will be defective. Just like those 2 desktops, or xb1s or whatever else. Sure yours may be working just fine. But I bet you can a group of people online that has various issues with some of the same electronics that work just fine for you. That's the nature of electronics. And if you don't feel like taking the time to either fix or replace it, then you gotta live with it.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
If you entered the wired info into your ps4 it most likely wouldn't work. I just plugged both my x1 and ps4 and the wired Mac addresses are different.
I didn't put in the mac addresses:dahell:

And unless the Mac address is specified with that specific IP, it should work. I have nothing else connected to it except the PS4 at the moment.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
If you do it like that, you should reset your router after changing devices (going from Xbox to PS4). Most routers I've dealt with in the past 'configure' themselves to a device when you cable it. So plugging a cable into one device, and then another won't work. It's been awhile since I've had any issues, but if you're switching between devices, reset the router after pulling the cable from one and before plugging it into the other. Or plug it into a different (re: open) port on the router itself.

And you can't plug the information in exactly, as 2 devices can't use the same IP address.
Thought that was the case as well.

Ive tried that before I believe (been fukking with this since the weekend) but since you reminded me I'll give that a try.

I doubt it though because I'm sure i did that at some point but never hurts to try again

Also, as I mentioned, the XB1s is not plugged into the router anymore. I used the same cable so unless the port is mac specific as well as the IP address, it should work.

I literally just did the same shyt with my laptop

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I ain't helping you figure out shyt
Don't worry, I don't need it:youngsabo:

But anyway, i figured it out kinda..

I unplugged the PS4 completely for about 10 minutes (heard this somewhere) took a shyt, shaved, then reset the router and plugged the PS4 back in. Again, it didn't work, so I deleted all the settings and just did the easy setup (:beli:) and now it works finally

:beli:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Don't worry, I don't need it:youngsabo:

But anyway, i figured it out kinda..

I unplugged the PS4 completely for about 10 minutes (heard this somewhere) took a shyt, shaved, then reset the router and plugged the PS4 back in. Again, it didn't work, so I deleted all the settings and just did the easy setup (:beli:) and now it works finally

:beli:

wait what? why didn't you just use the....:snoop::francis::hubie:

*exits thread*