So PS4 nerds... Explain to me why I can't connect to a LAN cable...

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:comeon:

Anyway, PS4's wifi is shytty unless you are directly next to the router... Which I am not.
Well this isn't the case for me. I have a two story house. My router, as well as my switch, modem, and punch down panel are mounted on the wall in my upstairs office closet. My PS4 is downstairs in the living room area and it connects without issue via wifi. I'm sure there are some machines that have an issue connecting, but that's the nature of electronics. You gotta either send it in and get it fixed, or get a new one.

:yeshrug:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
have you tried putting it in rice?

Tom-Cruise-crazy-laugh.gif

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
You don't like PS4 to begin with. Why are you even bothering with it.
Throw it out a window and turn your XBox back on.
One of the main reasons I don't like it is because I have to sit here trying to troubleshoot basic shyt, when all I want it to do is DL the fukking "exclusives" I purchased while I'm at the gym without taking 99+ hours to do it.
internet will always be faster through ethernet/"lan" than wifi. although more of a hassle.

as far as this thread, @O.T.I.S. post your PSN id
I think it's GetThatMoney212 but can't see it until I'm connected to Internet to confirm
it's really only "more of a hassle" if you're far from your router. but in general just plugging in a cable is much simpler than using wifi
yeah...

So what I did was plug the LAN cable into my XB1, screenshot it's information, plugged it back into the PS4, and entered the same shyt in Manually

Still nothing :martin:

Only thing I can think of next is to take it downstairs, hook it up to the big screen next to the wireless, and let it download its shyt there...:beli:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Why should I have known that again:bryan:

In fact, I knew the wifi was trash and said it multiple times... I just never played the shyt enough to give a fukk...

Circle jerk in right on time:mjlol:

So it's my fault that Sony built a system with trash wifi and now trash ethernet ports:mjlol:

Sounds like you're bullshytting and if you're not next to the router, how are you plugging in the Ethernet cord

:blaff:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Well this isn't the case for me. I have a two story house. My router, as well as my switch, modem, and punch down panel are mounted on the wall in my upstairs office closet. My PS4 is downstairs in the living room area and it connects without issue via wifi. I'm sure there are some machines that have an issue connecting, but that's the nature of electronics. You gotta either send it in and get it fixed, or get a new one.

:yeshrug:
How old is your PS4?

I'm not sure how old mines it.. I got the white, Destiny bundle so I'm guessing 2/3 years.

And no, nothing has issues connecting wirelessly or wired. I have 2 desktops, 2 xb1s (one is hardwired one), 2 tv's and a projector all upstairs that connect fine to wireless or cable.

Aside from my phone (which has shytty wifi as well) everything is cool except the PS4, and I don't feel like sending that shyt in or getting a newer one

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I aint trying to derail anything I just call them ethernet cables... When I think of Lan I think of interlinking the game consoles between each other is all...:ld:

Damn why you so defensive my Wifi works just fine unlike yours... :umad:
I honestly don't give a fukk what you call them:mjlol:

It's definitely interchangeable but ok... Keep making pointless posts because I offended the PS4 circle jerk:yeshrug: