So PS4 nerds... Explain to me why I can't connect to a LAN cable...

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune

:comeon:

Anyway, PS4's wifi is shytty unless you are directly next to the router... Which I am not.

tenor.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
internet will always be faster through ethernet/"lan" than wifi. although more of a hassle.

as far as this thread, @O.T.I.S. post your PSN id
it's really only "more of a hassle" if you're far from your router. but in general just plugging in a cable is much simpler than using wifi

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What more of an error do you need to see other than shyt failing in the Internet connection test?
In the IT world, when someone has issues we typically try to get as much info as possible to resolve the issue.

What error are you getting?? Is it failing at the PSN connection? Internet Connection? DNS what?

Is it even plugged in?? I just get the feeling you wanted to go "PS4 sucks".

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
it's really only "more of a hassle" if you're far from your router. but in general just plugging in a cable is much simpler than using wifi
most people I know have their router near their desktop which is no where near the ps4

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Lets be real you're not looking for help:manny:

Goodluck troubleshooting though
Actually, I'm looking for a solution

You just don't seem to have one:ld:

then you need to restart the router, and figure out what's going on. unless you don't care about your technical issue, and you just want to post some "ps4 sux" shyt
I swore I mentioned that Ive done this multiple times and that it's NOT the router:jbhmm:
:blaff:

If you've "owned" an OG PS4 for a while, you should have known by now the WiFi card in it is complete garbage and it only uses the 2.4GHz standard
Why should I have known that again:bryan:

In fact, I knew the wifi was trash and said it multiple times... I just never played the shyt enough to give a fukk...

Circle jerk in right on time:mjlol:

So it's my fault that Sony built a system with trash wifi and now trash ethernet ports:mjlol:

Lan Cables?!?! Arent they called Ethernet cables?! :dahell:
Explain to me the difference and maybe I will care enough to pay attention to you trying to derail the thread:ld:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Explain to me the difference and maybe I will care enough to pay attention to you trying to derail the thread:ld:

I aint trying to derail anything I just call them ethernet cables... When I think of Lan I think of interlinking the game consoles between each other is all...:ld:

Damn why you so defensive my Wifi works just fine unlike yours... :umad:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
most people I know have their router near their desktop which is no where near the ps4
my router is nowhere near the PS4, because I don't own a PS4 :troll:

obviously people have all types of setups. I ran a long ass cat6 cable down the hall (under the rug) to stay wired