So my son got a LarryBox for Christmas..

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you have kids?
I'm confused as to why a parent would allow their child to be so openly opinionated about a gift.
I was raised not to even speak unless spoken to when it comes to adults, no less open my mouth to complain about something I got for free. I'm raising my kids the same way. Hell, I think I was like 15/16 years old before my parents even let me speak at the table at all. :skip:(I'm probably exaggerating about the age but you get the point)
I get ya'll are getting your Xbox jokes off, but in all seriousness, no kid should have the nerve to complain about any gift, especially not in public.

Nah I agree with you kids should always be respectful for whatever the receive. I don't have Kids but I have young nephews and nieces and I usually give them money to buy that they want. I know it's fukked up but at the same time atleast they gettin want they want.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I didn't say anything about whether or not a parent can tell if a kid liked a gift.
According to OP, the child said, "I wanted a Wii U instead".
In my house, that sentence would have earned me a smack in the mouth and sent to my room with no gifts at all.
Again, the xbox jokes are funny, but the way some of you are excusing this child's behavior isn't.

:heh: Oh believe me I wanted to scream at my moms for getting me kid chameleon instead of Sonic 2 for christmas but I didnt want that asswhoopin...:pachaha:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I believe this story is fake and just bait for daps(never seen OP post in the Arcadium before). No little kid is into console wars like that. I would have been ecstatic if I had a sega and snes simultaneously back in the day. Same with PS and N64. If this is true and your kid had that reaction, he should have got the piss slapped out of him for being an ungrateful POS. So you must be a cac cause only cacs act like that and get away with it. Exposed :ufdup:

Lol what? nikka go ahead with all that shyt. My kid reacted how he reacted and I personally got a kick out of it. I thought it was a waste him getting a gift like that and I’m glad he agrees. Lol @ this nikka calling me a cac. I grew up in the jungle of nyc and survived, so if my kid is spoiled from getting what he wants then so be it. I ain’t get shyt growing up so it feels good that he gets an abundance. As it should be. nikkas always wanna get holier than thou when they lives ain’t about shyt.

Besides fukk I want a larrybox in my house for anyway. :pachaha:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Do you have kids?
I'm confused as to why a parent would allow their child to be so openly opinionated about a gift.
I was raised not to even speak unless spoken to when it comes to adults, no less open my mouth to complain about something I got for free. I'm raising my kids the same way. Hell, I think I was like 15/16 years old before my parents even let me speak at the table at all. :skip:(I'm probably exaggerating about the age but you get the point)
I get ya'll are getting your Xbox jokes off, but in all seriousness, no kid should have the nerve to complain about any gift, especially not in public.
Especially not in that manner

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I remember when I was a kid the super nintendo had just come out, by the shape of the christmas box i just knew thats what I had gotten for christmas

Open that shyt up and its the Original NES :francis:, to top it off my Moms had us in church heavy and all i had was some Bible game... Trash Christmas

side-strip_2_1-copy-20042017090713-1000x0.jpg

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I honestly can't even contemplate this kid's response.

I'm an Xbox head who tends to view single player games as boring after the initial honeymoon phase. Not only that, I'm on record stating that I look at uncharted, horizon, and other movie like single player exclusives as the same experience over and over. On top of that...I'm an adult...

EVEN with all the above listed things about me... if my wife or anyone else gifted me a PS4 or Pro, I'd be hype as fukk to try out this new toy and if the games that came w/ it were those above mentioned games, I'd legit play them with low expectations and probably enjoy the shyt out of them for the short time that I'd probably be interested.

So a kid reacting like that?? The fukk? I only see internet people on that ultra fanboy shyt. This is an L.

------------------------------

Side note: To make OP's story even more bizarre, my 7 year old received unasked for space decals for his room to put on the wall as one of his secondary gifts and just opening the gift up and seeing another gift had his eyes light up.

Kids like gifts. This story is spooky.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I ain't never owned a system this far back in the console race. I don't play games like that anymore, but damn... I got a $5 coupon from GameStop that I have to use by the 31st and I couldn't find a damn thing that I would be interested in. This console has served me well on the media end, but as far as games it's been a bust.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
That’s like working hard your whole life learning to ball and finding out on draft night you’ve been selected number 25 to the Knicks in between Golden State and San Antonio

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
man I believe it, I can relate. I remember getting a Sega master system instead of a nes and legit wanted to cry. they had both been out a couple years too and Sega didn't have shyt I wanted to play except space harrier. kids know full well what they want

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
and can you believe that shyt is still in the box unopened?? His aunt copped him that shyt and when my wife told me what she did I was like :hhh:. I’m not in the wars heavy like y’all are but it’s obvious to everyone what the better system is.

So on Christmas kids are up early and hype. My son opens his gifts and is hyped he got a beyblade and battlebots. My wife tries to pull the Christmas story bit and was like “is that another gift behind the couch?”. My son is like :ohhh:. Gets the box and opens it. No lie as soon as he saw the LarryBox his expression went from :gladbron: to
c67ee2c0a23d29b0cddcb94d0658c300ad186e099f5a0c40d9ec7d2e7fec51ca

My wife is like “isn’t that so exciting? It’s what you always wanted!”. Son is like

FD9eZJ.gif

Then he says “Aw man I wanted Wii U instead”. He just leaves to box unopened and goes back to playing with his beyblade. Then he spent the rest of the day playing little big planet 3 on his ps4. I’m hoping his aunt saved the receipt so we can return it and get cash back or store credit. Bottom line is if your system can’t get a 7 year old hype then there is something wrong with you.:ufdup:
:dead::deadrose::deadmanny:

Dap + Rep for having a son that knows better.:salute: