So my son got a LarryBox for Christmas..

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I find it hard to believe his aunt got him a $200 gift he didn't ask for. kids are usually pretty good at telling you exactly what they want. he didn't tell anyone he wanted a Wii U?
It's very possible, but the thread starter and his lady assumed the kid would be aware of what it's capable of because it's a videogame I guess :yeshrug:

7 is too young to EXPECT that tho, so the parents dropped the ball on the presentation moving forward if they going off of only initial reaction. Why would a 7yr old know as Xbox exist unless someone in their household has one? They should want a Nintendo.

Sure, scientific studies show kids who want Xbox are more likely to get laid over Sony gamers but that fact doesn't apply here. Shout out to my nikka Clifton Powell III (Y'all know he became a videogame journalist right)

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Raise an ingrate brehs :francis:

He wasn’t ungrateful when he got a PS4 last year for Christmas. Besides it ain’t my fault my son prefers quality products that other kids like to play with. The only people I see with Larryboxes in real life are neckbeards working at GameStop.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
This thread is either fake or its an indictment on parenting. I say this because you teach your kids to be thankful right.

So the aunt isn't there, ok, dynamic changes then. As resident xbot guru I wouldn't recommend an Xbox one for a 7yr old. Comparing the Sexbox won with a kiddy switch is like not really comparing. Are we really saying a kid would want Nintendo over Xbox, this is news?

So if I were to go that route, what game did y'all get for him to be excited about or is a 7yr old supposed to know the library already? Lucky's super tale >>> Knack2. Seems like adult expectations was placed on a kid in this instance. So this story is really more about the lack of presentation. And lack of desire to engage with the child while they figure out what the Xbox is capable of :francis:

Actually the LarryBox he got was the Minecraft version. He likes Minecraft and plays it on the PS, which he will continue to do since the LarryBox was not worth it.

I remember Dr. Dre saying years ago he knew he had a hit if his kids listened to it and got hype. My kid was hype when he got a PlayStation. LarryBox? not so much :ld:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I find it hard to believe his aunt got him a $200 gift he didn't ask for. kids are usually pretty good at telling you exactly what they want. he didn't tell anyone he wanted a Wii U?

His aunt spoils him. What do you expect me to do? It’s her money so let her waste it how she feels. Kids already have a switch and a ps4 so in my opinion they were already set. The disgust he showed at the larrybox confirms that it’s not a system appealing to youth and they don’t need more gaming systems. The fact that he was more excited over a $10 beyblade over a $200 lump of dogshyt tells me everything I need to know.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
He wasn’t ungrateful when he got a PS4 last year for Christmas. Besides it ain’t my fault my son prefers quality products that other kids like to play with. The only people I see with Larryboxes in real life are neckbeards working at GameStop.
I get you trollin and doin the whole comedy thing with this thread. In real life, any kid that even gives a sideways look in reaction to a gift is an ingrate and needs to be put in their place.
My parents woulda smacked me with the quickness if I ever said anything, or gave any kind of look, showing that I didn't like a gift. Only thing allowed to come from me was a smile, a hug, and a thank you to who ever gave me the gift regardless of how I felt about the gift.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get you trollin and doin the whole comedy thing with this thread. In real life, any kid that even gives a sideways look in reaction to a gift is an ingrate and needs to be put in their place.
My parents woulda smacked me with the quickness if I ever said anything, or gave any kind of look, showing that I didn't like a gift. Only thing allowed to come from me was a smile, a hug, and a thank you to who ever gave me the gift regardless of how I felt about the gift.

:mjlol: nikka should be thankful to get a Larry box. Auntie fukked up and should of asked what he wanted from Santa first to see what the kid wanted. I ain’t surprising no little kid with no shyt he don’t want. Now lil man going to be using that xbox one box for his beyblades.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You can always Resell the larrybox...:mjlol: granted you might not get $200 for it but you know.... :mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:mjlol: nikka should be thankful to get a Larry box. Auntie fukked up and should of asked what he wanted from Santa first to see what the kid wanted. I ain’t surprising no little kid with no shyt he don’t want. Now lil man going to be using that xbox one box for his beyblades.
Do you have kids?
I'm confused as to why a parent would allow their child to be so openly opinionated about a gift.
I was raised not to even speak unless spoken to when it comes to adults, no less open my mouth to complain about something I got for free. I'm raising my kids the same way. Hell, I think I was like 15/16 years old before my parents even let me speak at the table at all. :skip:(I'm probably exaggerating about the age but you get the point)
I get ya'll are getting your Xbox jokes off, but in all seriousness, no kid should have the nerve to complain about any gift, especially not in public.