So Mariah Carey is a field slave in 'The Butler'

blvckbieber

Rookie
Daps
wentworth-miller-house-guest-star.jpg

:heh: We going to see these dudes tending the fields too?

"Miller is of multiracial origin: his father is of African-American, Jamaican, English, German, Jewish, and Cherokee background, and his mother is of Russian, French, Dutch, Lebanese, and Syrian ancestry"

How does that compare to Mariah who clearly looks mixed and whos father is black? :comeon:

Daps
Reppin
London
"Miller is of multiracial origin: his father is of African-American, Jamaican, English, German, Jewish, and Cherokee background, and his mother is of Russian, French, Dutch, Lebanese, and Syrian ancestry"

How does that compare to Mariah who clearly looks mixed and whos father is black? :comeon:

:ufdup: Would she have been tending the field though?

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
How about you claim what you are?

Claiming one side over the other is ignorance.

:damn: you don't get it....

Matter of fact it's worse on racism scale... both sides look at you :mad:

Claiming one over the other is ignorance?

I'm gonna walk around saying to everyone.. Hey Im 1/4 white (going back to my grandparents). Plus I grew up in an all black neighborhood, only young person lighter than me was my bro (and he wasn't outside bangin anyway)

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas

He proud of his black heritage tho

Rack4K

Banned
Daps
Reppin
BK

Clearly looks mixed? Mariah Carey?

I just don't see it, bruh. And I'm not the only one. Maybe if you look long enough you can convince yourself she looks kinda mixed but it wouldn't cross most people's minds if they saw her at a bar or club and if she didn't tell nobody. :manny:

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
It's a common misconception that people were "field" vs. "house" slaves based on skin color. It was more complex than that, one of the most known house slaves with a dark skin male who was born on the voyage over from Africa. This is beside the fact that on most plantations there were was no distinction between the two. It was a matter of trust and sometimes relation, rather than skin color.

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
Watched the Lenny Kravitz doc on Oprahs channel last week.. His pops white, moms black. His moms told him how society is. Bob Marley same shyt.

The reason this touches me.. I'm 75% black on paper, but 100% black in real world, I had kids by a white woman (my 1st wife Italian) so in reality my kids are 75% white; being young (and naive) I was not thinking of race relations when we got together. Now my wife is Black American, and Im planning children with her... so they will be what, over 85% black.

You think I care about percentages? No, my older son looks more white, my younger son is darker than me. Im expecting my daughter *knock on wood* that I want with my wife now, to be darker complexion also.

It is what it is.. but I hate how society, then TELLS the person what they are or should feel. Not taking in the environments they are raised around.

You know in reality, fukk it, who cares if she was a house, or field slave. Im just glad I wasn't or my kid's wasn't born in them times. I've been called ****** and whiteboy. I can't control the viewpoints of how people see me. Just gonna keep it moving.

My brother who relates more with Latin/Hispanics... will claim Mulatto and Jabao and all that other ish. Not me

Gravity

Banned
Daps
So not taking any person who wants to feel cool into the black race is a problem?

And you ton take Maria over Halle and dash why? Cause she with nick cannon and got black half black kids. Ok breh. Wasn't she with/ married to white men to?

The simple fact that you riding for any of those simple broads is beside me.

The black communites problem is the black youth. Maria Carey joining the team cause she got a few movies roles and half black babies by nick cannon ain't shyt.

But do you breh.:salute:
:snoop: Anybody who has African heritage is already part of the black race. It's not up to you, me, or anybody else to grant them authentification. As light as Mariah is, it's always been obvious that she has African heritage. Now she could've downplayed or denied her blackness in order to try and pass as something else but she hasn't done that. If she wants to consider herself black then why should any other black person shun her?

The problem with the black community is a that there is no unity. You're mentality is a perfect example. Let me ask you this, do you even believe that insitutional racism/white supremacy exists?

I never said that I'd ride "for" any of te women I referenced. I said that if ride "with" Mariah over Halle and Stacy. Reason being that Halle ad Stacy chase white men. Black women who chase white men perpetuate white supremacy instead of challenging it.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This same issue happen to Colin Kaepernick during the Superbowl. He considers himself a Black Man but commentators were so afaired to call him Black cause he was adopted by a White Family. It wasn't until Donovan Mcnabb said "Congrats for being the 4th Black QB in the Super Bowl" that reporters finally asked him straight and Colin said he was Black. Society forces mixed raced people to make a choice when they can identify with both sides. But I'm sure Colin grew up feeling he was a Black Man just like Barack. But the truth is yes. Someone of Mariah's complexion would most likely be in the house than in the field back in slave times:

Colin+Kaepernick+Suits+Men+Suit+0knxVAeYxtTl.jpg

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
Now chicks like that Zoe Saldana chick... confused... but thats her reality. Only she knows why she thinks that way.

I'd rather Mariah get that role over Zoe