So Mariah Carey is a field slave in 'The Butler'

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
I hate Hollywood, wish I could spit on the person who casted her. This bytch is only black for pay, her ugly ass denies it any other time. What a joke.

i never seen her deny anything. She would look stupid jumping out the window claiming to be black because a. she's looks like a white woman b. She is half black, and c. her father is also half lol

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i never seen her deny anything. She would look stupid jumping out the window claiming to be black because a. she's looks like a white woman b. She is half black, and c. her father is also half lol

How is she half black when her mom is white and her dad is half?

DarlingNikki

lil baby
Daps
Reppin
Puerta Medusa.

When someone asks you what race you are and your response is along the lines of: "In this country I'm black because the one drop rule is law." You're denying it.

Obviously she looks mixed raced, even Latina, but she should be proud of both her black and Irish roots. Her father has two black parents and one Hispanic grandparent from South America, he's black.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
she's black. stop hating on your own kind. we need all the help we can get as a people. if someone wants to identify as black, they have every right to do, especially if they clearly looked mixed with black - which she does. black people, we need unity.

^^^ that's exactly what wrong with black people. They willing to except any and everything.

Unity? Are you black? A lot of artists associate them selves with black either to boost their career (j-lo, pink, no doubt etc.) then they bounce. Or at the end of their career(when no other race is checking for them).

Funny thing is its actual blacks that do this also. If whites was claiming Maria like blacks are who you think she would be riding with? We need unity.:heh:

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town

When someone asks you what race you are and your response is along the lines of: "In this country I'm black because the one drop rule is law." You're denying it.

Obviously she looks mixed raced, even Latina, but she should be proud of both her black and Irish roots. Her father has two black parents and one Hispanic grandparent from South America, he's black.

You lost me here.

DarlingNikki

lil baby
Daps
Reppin
Puerta Medusa.
You lost me here.

It's not difficult. You said:

never seen her deny anything.

she's looks like a white woman. She is half black

Obviously she looks mixed raced, even Latina, but she should be proud of both her black and Irish roots.

She is half black, and c. her father is also half

Her father has two black parents and one Hispanic grandparent from South America, he's black.

Another thing, if she looks like a white woman why would she play the role of a slave? Black for pay, like I said.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^^ that's exactly what wrong with black people. They willing to except any and everything.

Unity? Are you black? A lot of artists associate them selves with black either to boost their career (j-lo, pink, no doubt etc.) then they bounce. Or at the end of their career(when no other race is checking for them).

Funny thing is its actual blacks that do this also. If whites was claiming Maria like blacks are who you think she would be riding with? We need unity.:heh:

White people did try to claim her, which is why she came out and made it clear she considers herself black. Beggars cannot be choosers. And make no mistake of the reality facing our people: we are beggars. We are a destitute class with little to our name, devoid of a national identity because of our slave past. We need to embrace Mariah and other mixed blacks who wish to stand with their black people. To turn her away is to turn away a soldier who desires to take up arms in our struggle.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

kermit is a half breed himself :heh:

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White people did try to claim her, which is why she came out and made it clear she considers herself black. Beggars cannot be choosers. And make no mistake of the reality facing our people: we are beggars. We are a destitute class with little to our name, devoid of a national identity because of our slave past. We need to embrace Mariah and other mixed blacks who wish to stand with their black people. To turn her away is to turn away a soldier who desires to take up arms in our struggle.

:ohhh:.......................:mjpls::russ:

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
It's crazy how black folks still follow racist ass Jim crow laws....

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
I swear everytime, I read about mixed race dynamics on this board its :sadcam:

People would rather mixed people have no identity than claim one, if you claim black, you are too light, fukk the one drop rule. If you claim white, you c00nin, or lightskin people think they better.

So basically claim nothing and be ambiguous and have no culture. fukk outta here with that shyt.

Every human wants to be/know/relate to a part of his forefathers past, it's why genealogy means so much.

====

Mariah would have been a slave tha master would be tryna fukk tho... house slave, field slave or sex slave... but she wasn't going to be no white woman equal.

From random ass wiki

and that's only America, shyt was in the Caribbean too...
How about you claim what you are?

Claiming one side over the other is ignorance.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
she's black. stop hating on your own kind. we need all the help we can get as a people. if someone wants to identify as black, they have every right to do, especially if they clearly looked mixed with black - which she does. black people, we need unity.
1/3 of white Americans have black ancestry. Are they black too? Can they claim black?

:dead:

This post makes zero sense. :laff: