So Mariah Carey is a field slave in 'The Butler'

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps

When someone asks you what race you are and your response is along the lines of: "In this country I'm black because the one drop rule is law." You're denying it.

Obviously she looks mixed raced, even Latina, but she should be proud of both her black and Irish roots. Her father has two black parents and one Hispanic grandparent from South America, he's black.
Even his Hispanic grandparent is black. Afro-Venezuelan.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
reminds me when folks were saying paula abdul was black due to the 1 drop rule..
that bytch has no african in here..

yeah, its like 80s babies (90's kids) were raised in an era of black folks trying to one drop themselves to death. anyone with even a hint of color, blacks were trying to claim them as as one of our own.

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
They tried but... no girl.

She'll probably hold down the part acting-wise though. She seems to take to these homely characters quite well.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
^^^ that's exactly what wrong with black people. They willing to except any and everything.

Unity? Are you black? A lot of artists associate them selves with black either to boost their career (j-lo, pink, no doubt etc.) then they bounce. Or at the end of their career(when no other race is checking for them).

Funny thing is its actual blacks that do this also. If whites was claiming Maria like blacks are who you think she would be riding with? We need unity.:heh:
Your post is actually what's wrong with the black community. Unity is a joke to cats like you when it's the only answer to overcome white supremacy(as a people). Whites were claiming Mariah in the beginning during her years with Mottola. She decided that she didn't want to stay in that lane and came home. Her husband is a black man(who has less $ than she does) and she's raising black kids. I don't take pride in any of that but it does make me respect her to a certain extent. I'd ride with Mariah over Halle Berry and Stacy Dash any day.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Your post is actually what's wrong with the black community. Unity is a joke to cats like you when it's the only answer to overcome white supremacy(as a people). Whites were claiming Mariah in the beginning during her years with Mottola. She decided that she didn't want to stay in that lane and came home. Her husband is a black man(who has less $ than she does) and she's raising black kids. I don't take pride in any of that but it does make me respect her to a certain extent. I'd ride with Mariah over Halle Berry and Stacy Dash any day.
Those kids look whiter than her. :dead:

Y7aK001.jpg

dmS9T1P.jpg

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

So not taking any person who wants to feel cool into the black race is a problem?

And you ton take Maria over Halle and dash why? Cause she with nick cannon and got black half black kids. Ok breh. Wasn't she with/ married to white men to?

The simple fact that you riding for any of those simple broads is beside me.

The black communites problem is the black youth. Maria Carey joining the team cause she got a few movies roles and half black babies by nick cannon ain't shyt.

But do you breh.:salute:

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White people did try to claim her, which is why she came out and made it clear she considers herself black. Beggars cannot be choosers. And make no mistake of the reality facing our people: we are beggars. We are a destitute class with little to our name, devoid of a national identity because of our slave past. We need to embrace Mariah and other mixed blacks who wish to stand with their black people. To turn her away is to turn away a soldier who desires to take up arms in our struggle.

If you don't shut your ass up. :comeon:

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright I'll bite.

I'm half black and was adopted into a white family. My sister is the same.
Raised in a mixed and then a mostly white neighborhood.

Now days you're gonna have to try to find someone who rides for black folks harder than I do. In mostly white environments its very clear that you are black. You don't get to just melt in, it's always a deal. My folks were smart enough to prepare us for that even if they didn't have to experience it for themselves.

As far as Mariah, if she feels like she identifies as black and actually has the ancestry, fine. I'm glad to see the representation of lighter blacks in the field instead of this old light/dark thing we always see. I hope she can act well.

As far as blacks accepting everything that comes their way, it's been a good and bad deal for a long time. Whiteness is about exclusion, blackness shouldn't follow suit. Now some white kid who thinks listening to Drake and saying 'nikka' shouldn't be accepted but folks like Mariah, Tiger, Obama, DuBois, Malcolm, and the like (I'll throw myself in) are certainly black and why shouldn't they be accepted?

We accept terrible representations of us (somewhat proudly mind you) but don't want to include these people who are role models. Never understood that.