So Mariah Carey is a field slave in 'The Butler'

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
She avoids questions on her race... I think it's a sign of her being confused inside. I read this shyt online, may not be accurate.
She always says she is black.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas

:bronshrug: -- Maybe I misread something where she was avoiding the questions. (After she got role as Nina Simone)

I just found this and I retract my previous Zoe bash....

Zoe Saldana: :ohlawd:

The fact thats she told the Domincan press (very racial bias country), that :thumbsup:

“When I go to the D.R., the press in Santo Domingo always asks, “¿Qué te consideras, dominicana o americana?” (What do you consider yourself, Dominican or American?) I don’t understand it, and it’s the same people asking the same question. So I say, time and time again, “Yo soy una mujer negra.” (“I am a black woman.”) [They go,] “Oh, no, tú eres trigueñita.” (“Oh no, you are ‘dark skinned’”) I’m like, “No! Let’s get it straight, yo soy una mujer negra.” (“I am a black woman).”

Back to Mariah... sorry I side-ranted

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol At least Django got it right. This one drop rule is a little bit silly, everyone knows Mariah Carrey would have been owning some slaves as light as she is, she can pass.

More likely I'd say she'd be the fukk buddy of the master or a local slave whore used for unsavory purposes ...but yea she'd probably try to pass... a lotta blacks did :manny:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Now I understand getting on Mariah about the field slave stuff but yall really in here questioning if she black?

So my cousin who is black as I am, has had a daughter (lil cousin) that looks like Mariah because she's mixed but yall telling me she ain't black? :leostare:

my lil cousin is still black. I can't even lie though..when me and my son went and picked her up from day care the white folks brought out the wrong girl (a regular looking black girl). We was like :heh:, I know she has the same name but that isn't my lil cousin.

White lady brought out my lil cousin like :usure:. She wasn't comfortable until my lil cousin started talking with us :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So not taking any person who wants to feel cool into the black race is a problem?

And you ton take Maria over Halle and dash why? Cause she with nick cannon and got black half black kids. Ok breh. Wasn't she with/ married to white men to?

The simple fact that you riding for any of those simple broads is beside me.

The black communites problem is the black youth. Maria Carey joining the team cause she got a few movies roles and half black babies by nick cannon ain't shyt.

But do you breh.:salute:

Undercover white boys like you are one of the reasons this forum is filled to the brim with attacks on black men and women. Some of the opinions expressed by uncle ruckus nikkas like you make me go :snoop:, because I know a lot of blacks in this nation feel this way. We live in hostile territory, hated by the majority, yet you turn away a beautiful black woman like Mariah who's made a choice to stand with her black kin.

fukk you.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: Anybody who has African heritage is already part of the black race. It's not up to you, me, or anybody else to grant them authentification. As light as Mariah is, it's always been obvious that she has African heritage. Now she could've downplayed or denied her blackness in order to try and pass as something else but she hasn't done that. If she wants to consider herself black then why should any other black person shun her?

The problem with the black community is a that there is no unity. You're mentality is a perfect example. Let me ask you this, do you even believe that insitutional racism/white supremacy exists?

I never said that I'd ride "for" any of te women I referenced. I said that if ride "with" Mariah over Halle and Stacy. Reason being that Halle ad Stacy chase white men. Black women who chase white men perpetuate white supremacy instead of challenging it.
Mariah didn't chase white men?:dwillhuh: obvious african heritage:dwillhuh:if anything they mixed. How you know they ain't agents? Fine bro, Mariah is part if the great black plight, you win.
Undercover white boys like you are one of the reasons this forum is filled to the brim with attacks on black men and women. Some of the opinions expressed by uncle ruckus nikkas like you make me go :snoop:, because I know a lot of blacks in this nation feel this way. We live in hostile territory, hated by the majority, yet you turn away a beautiful black woman like Mariah who's made a choice to stand with her black kin.

fukk you.
^^^^i know that's right:heh:

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Its amazing how we got people that try and tell a bi-racial person how they should define themselves. Mariah is proud to be black, just Alicia Keys. They acknowledge their mixed heritage but identify more with being black hence their reasoning. Obama has said the same.

There is no historical identity attached to being bi-racial which makes it easier for them to choose one side or the other. If they choose, its rare that can even choose white.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
stevieray.gif

:deadrose: :dead: