So it took jk Rowling 5 years to write the first harry potter book

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
im saying

what type of schizophrenic creates stories of fictional people just for fun, with whole backstories dating back centuries of made up shyt

that Game of thrones cac got stories that take place centuries before the events of game of thrones... like wtf.....u can tell he got no ass in highschool

if books didn't exist they'd be in psych wards

I'd rather be GRRM, with his stacks of cash, and two homes because his wife told him he needed to store his nerd shyt somewhere. Or else. And most stories are made up shyt. It all depends on your fantasy of preference.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
If Tolkien, rowling or GR Martin, were around in medieval times, they would have been burned at the stake or some shyt for being crazy
there's some truth to this
Virginia wolf was sent to a crazy house. she was another creative writer
I'm sure these people must've been the people creating all those myths back then.
schizophrenia and creativity are linked. if you have too much you can go nuts
The impact of creativity on functional outcome in schizophrenia: a mediational model | Schizophrenia

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Special editions only :wow:

I enjoyed it a lot and thankfully read each book before the respective movie drops as I read them as soon as they hit stores minus the first one…the kids I was teaching at the time kept talking about “harry potter” and a lot of coworkers were saying how popular it was so I said eff it lemme read it…started reading it one morning before work while waiting for the iron to heat up…30 minutes later I ended up calling in sick and spent the next few hours reading the book lmaooo

81oliRztqpL.jpg

Does it matter what edition you get? I'm thinking of getting edition 1

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
You can see the impact the first World War had on Tolkein. I suspect the Shire not being the same for Frodo and having to move on is how a lot of people who survived the war felt.

Writing is a wonderful outlet.

Does it matter what edition you get? I'm thinking of getting edition 1

No. It is cosmetic. If you're a fan of a particular house, you might want to get the colour scheme for the sake of whatever collection you're building.