So I'll say it: Are we sure we want to give Kamala Harris this free pass?

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
There isn't a troll card, just logic. Black people are losing on most if not all metrics. We vote 90+% Democrat. The current POTUS and VP are on camera saying they aren't doing anything for us. The DNC has been proven that that is their strategy for Black people. What part of this is good or just?
Unfortunately too many of us are comfortable with Benign Neglect dressed up presentable with Symbolic gestures, friends. :francis:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
It's just a repeat of the Biden situation. Few people seem to actually like Kamala Harris, she's just a better option than the candidate we hate, Trump:yeshrug:
What even is her purposed platform? I don't know and kind of don't care, not expecting her to do anything that would pleasantly surprise me
So to answer you....yes most people will be giving her a free pass, sorry. We need to start thinking about how we can actually get out of this cycle of trash candidates on the DNC side but as long as Republicans are radical racist dumb asses it's going to be hard since that boogeyman will always conveniently be there

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
I know in the short term reparations is unrealistic. However, Kamala is no different than most Democratic politicians who refuse to do anything "specifically for black people". Meanwhile she is being attacked by the GOP and Tech Alt-Right specifically for being black and a woman. It's quite ironic. Maybe she will change course if she is elected, but I doubt it. Even if she isn't beholden to Superpacs and Special Interests, the majority of politicians in Washington are.

At this point Cornel West is getting my vote, she has 100 days to change my mind. I know the saying is "a vote 3rd party is a vote for Trump", but in the same regard isn't silence compliance in regards to the Democrat agenda? Isreal and Ilegal aliens don't get this energy. Saw it with Biden and moving the Stop Asian Hate Bill through like clockwork.

Maybe white America elects Trump again and the situation is so bad for black people by 2030 the far lefters like Gavin Newsom and AOC followers have no choice but to outline a specific agenda for black people. I doubt it though.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not even reading the OP.

Trump and his bat shyt crazy existence gave her a pass, and if you have any desire to vote based on your own interests she is THE choice.

Not really sure what else some of you goofies want to be said :francis:

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
There isn't a troll card, just logic. Black people are losing on most if not all metrics. We vote 90+% Democrat. The current POTUS and VP are on camera saying they aren't doing anything for us. The DNC has been proven that that is their strategy for Black people. What part of this is good or just?
Majority of black folks don’t have their hand out expecting the government to save them…

I’m just trying to slow down the inevitable crash. Not just how it will impact black folks. Them people are devils!

Think about all of the environmental protections being removed, corporate protections being installed. They already snuck a tax increase in last term… worker rights, osha, epa, civil service jobs gone. Divorce laws, child bearing… law enforcement, the list is endless.

This is where we collectively slap cac America so that some, not all. But that 10-15% of white America collectively say enough is enough.

They/we are literally the frog in a pot of boiling water, and I ain’t just talking about climate change.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
After the election you have zero leverage because they don't need your votes any more. That's the whole point.

You have to be the dumbest nikka in human history wit your bullshyt. My God.

Once a politician gets elected they don't need voters no more? Lmao. Please open a book before you run up in threads with these battery powered talking points.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This Republican journalist supports reparations

You have to bargain, when you trust 100% in somebody who has not been honest on their end you have to show them you have options.

The coli gets caught up in their emotions too much and does not look at fine details. Never vote straight ticket any time.
:beli:A black republican woman writes this and you put it as a "Republican journalist" that "Supports reparations." Did you even read the comments on that? THERE IS NO path to Reparations via Republicans.

Orange County
12 October, 2022
If for 10 years blacks acted like Asians in all things relevant to both academic and economic success starting at a young age, and if black children attended school such that their truancy rate (which is now five times higher than that for Whites) fell to the same rate as Asians and if they studied at the same rate of Asians and did not have children out of wedlock and waited until they were married before having children and the did not get involved in gangs, crimes, and drugs and we STILL saw the racial disparities that we do, THEN it is time to look for a structural inequality (systemic racism, White privilege, etc) and to look for an ubiquitous racism explanation. BUT right now when the behavioral disparities are SO glaring and SO obvious it is woefully premature to say that what's going on here is implicit bias or explicit bias.
Mark Sanchez
12 October, 2022

I don't owe anyone anything, neither do other Americans.
James Eagle
12 October, 2022

How about reparations to the descendant families of the 300,000+ white Union soldiers who died freeing the slaves?
James
13 October, 2022

Absolutely no way in hell will I pay reparations to anyone. I'm sick of hearing blacks talk about reparations. Affirmative action was your reparation. Black people continue to run their mouth about reparations yet none of them ever give an example of how that money would distributed, who would qualify, and where the money would come from. Black Americans are not owed a dime from anybody if anything the American people should be telling them to pay up for the BLM riots.

"Options" are these imaginary things that allow folks to make bad decisions that fly in the face of evidence that says "Strategically, this is the way to go for now."
Reparations as a platform requires thousands of folks plugged in working for it, putting supporters into positions of power. You do NOT go about trying to get reparations by asking people either not interested or not promising them out of the gate to support it. You find or become the politicians who will do it and build around them. Cats can promise whatever they want but if Congress don't support it and the Judiciary don't support it, it does not happen. Next thing you know we will be voting in "reparations" candidates who always seem to pivot because they have no support.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
also remember, AOC called out the Dems for not having a candidate to replace Biden literally a few days before.

Getting behind Harris was calculated to not look chaotic
I'm thinking Kamala replacing Biden was the plan since at least January and that she was being prepared for the role behind the scenes. I think Dems wanted to wait until Trump's trial was over - she can now prosecute with presidential immunity if elected. We got a former prosecutor who can set the groundwork for a police state going forward or we take a chance on Trump. Neither option is desirable, but I think the praise Kamala is getting this late has more to due with her being celebrity opposition to Trump.

I think whoever was behind Biden stepping down wanted a clear plan for Kamala before Biden stepped down. I think they just needed to see what the outcome of Trump's trial was going to be. Running a new candidate this late in the election cycle is neglectful to your party or calculated for taking the country in a direction that can be equally damaging.

I don't think Kamala is the best choice.
I don't think Trump is the best choice.

This election will be decided by swing states and the electoral college, and I think Dems knew that.
Letting Kamala run gives them a better chance in swing states. Either outcome of the election, the president has immunity.

:francis::francis::francis:
Trump's SC is bad, but Trump's court with Kamala's presidential immunity...

We'll see how the country's standing looks after the Olympics.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I know in the short term reparations is unrealistic. However, Kamala is no different than most Democratic politicians who refuse to do anything "specifically for black people". Meanwhile she is being attacked by the GOP and Tech Alt-Right specifically for being black and a woman. It's quite ironic. Maybe she will change course if she is elected, but I doubt it. Even if she isn't beholden to Superpacs and Special Interests, the majority of politicians in Washington are.

At this point Cornel West is getting my vote, she has 100 days to change my mind. I know the saying is "a vote 3rd party is a vote for Trump", but in the same regard isn't silence compliance in regards to the Democrat agenda? Isreal and Ilegal aliens don't get this energy. Saw it with Biden and moving the Stop Asian Hate Bill through like clockwork.

Maybe white America elects Trump again and the situation is so bad for black people by 2030 the far lefters like Gavin Newsom and AOC followers have no choice but to outline a specific agenda for black people. I doubt it though.

A Black agenda would be more likely if we could consistently deliver states in national elections.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I don’t like Kamala but the fight is over. I‘m pissed off this is the 4th time in a row the Democratic Party has shoved a candidate down our throats. I don’t know if she‘s going to implode or not because up until Biden dropped out she was considered a trash option. She‘s going to do what Biden did and try to duck anything that exposes her until she gets the nomination and by then it’ll be too late to make a change.