So I'll say it: Are we sure we want to give Kamala Harris this free pass?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Until we increase Black degree attainment and voter participation we will not get our agenda passed.

Let's look at why Louisiana:

In a breakdown by ethnic groups possessing associate or bachelor's degrees, Asians led among Louisianians with 46.64 percent, followed by whites with 33.43 percent; Hispanics, 22.54 percent; African Americans, 18.58 percent; and Native Americans, 16.6 percent.

https://nul.org/news/black-voters-scapegoated-louisiana-electing-suspected-white-supremacist

John Couvillon, a Louisiana-based pollster and CEO of JMC Enterprises, a data analytics and consulting firm, pointed to low Black turnout as a primary reason why Landry was elected.

On Saturday, an estimated 17% of voters who went to the polls were Black, Couvillon posted on the social media app formerly known as Twitter. The numbers weren’t much better among early voters, with just 26% of people casting ballots ahead of Election Day being Black. In total, 72% of Louisiana’s white voters participated in the election compared to 24% of Black voters, Couvillon added.

That tells you that 80 percent of non-college educated Black probably didn't vote for governor in that state.

We need to educate Black people and get them to be politically involved.

It ain't even about that. It's about PACs and Super PACs. We don't get our agenda passed because we don't have no dark money in the system. This is why talking to fukking rappers and reality stars about this shyt don't matter to me unless they are talking money. Agendas get passed because PACs spent money on it.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
When you got dudes saying shyt like this yea she needs a free pass

Voting one last time in 2024 sounds a lot better than continuing to do this every 4 years. :troll:

SN: Agent Orange just turned 78 and still fat asl. How many more years does he think he'd be able to stay alive/in the White House? :wtf:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Before everyone gets in a tizzy I will state three things:

1. I am not part of the "no tangibles, no vote" crowd and barring something crazy, I will be voting for Kamala Harris and likely all the other Dems down ballot in November.

2. I am not part of the "mixed people can't be Black crowd" and while it seems people want to debate her uprbringing to the nth degree, her and her sister Maya (who has a Black ADOS husband) have had roots in the Black community in Oakland during their adult lives (I have family there) so I am not going to say we can't consider them Black or that she has said she is only "Indian". A lot of that is social media whining about this that isn't productive in my opinion.

3. I don't care she is a woman nor that her husband is White

------

Now all that being said....

Biden bowed out and they flipped the switch on Kamala more serious than almost anything I have seen in politics. $200M in a week including the $2M from various Zoom calls from Black men and women. People talking about that 2008 feeling etc.

But if we are honest, what is she really bringing to the table besides a better chance to vanquish Trump? In itself this could be enough given the coterie of reactionaries, illiberals, and neo-fascists he and JD Vance have backing them.

But is everyone just going to memory hole all the concerns we had about her even only a month ago? Not just her actions in California as AG and SF/Alameda DA but lack of signature legislation or initiatives as a senator (beating Brett Kavanaugh's ass doesn't count). The absolute chaos and revolving door for staff that characterized both her failed presidential run as well as the VP office? Granted I know this was some of Biden's folks hating and leaking to the press, but this happened way too often to be just a smear campaign. Can she even run a team well??

The absolute abysmal performance she did in some interviews that made it look like she had trouble even being articulate on complex topics? The weird attempts to 'connect' like the Kwanzaa video or talking about smoking weed :dahell:?

Are any of her main advisors/consultants even Black people that have community concerns and not just social climbing as a primary goal?

People may say Obama had a short senate stint but at least he had to fight his way through the primaries against the most formidable challenger in recent Dem primary memory--Hillary Clinton. Kamala didn't even get to Iowa in 2020 and now we are anointing her as the chosen one as if she has bossed up serious since then? Doing what?

---

I'm sorry, given how close this election is we should be pressing her and getting her in line behind the scenes instead of all this fawning. I'm not demanding something unrealistic like cash reparations but all these Zoom hosters and boosters in the media are demanding we show our love without asking much of anything in return assuming her default loyalty to us? Yeah we need to beat Trump but is that all we want? We ain't her major financial backers, Zoom or not.

And mark my word, if she is elected and flames out hard, or the economy tanks (or both), we are setting ourselves up for something much darker and more competent than Trump in 2028 the same way Trump was a reaction to Obama--who didn't have many of the drawbacks above.

I'm sure she will take care of HBCUs but forcing a pledge on police reform, an actual economic stimulus/employment plan that can work for a Black America still recovering from the 2008 crash, a plan to stem the huge slide of young people that is accelerating, especially young men, and a huge curb on immigration would be a start. I'm sorry, I will vote but until I see something convincing I will be holding my nose while doing so.
Why type all of that shyt? Vote for Trump… it’s that simple

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
After the election you have zero leverage because they don't need your votes any more. That's the whole point.
that's not true though. and it trivializes all pieces of the puzzle we need. a cooperative potus and their admin is needed more than a maga potus and maga admin.

getting the felon and his maga minions out the paint removes one of the roadblocks.

way too many judicial, legislative, and executive areas at risk to allow the maga borg to infest and take control.

to your point we can have just as much, or more leverage, when it comes to supporting senate and house candidates. congress controls funding and passes laws. a maga president can block or veto or cause chaos with executive orders.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
that's not true though. and it trivializes all pieces of the puzzle we need. a cooperative potus and their admin is needed more than a maga potus and maga admin.

getting the felon and his maga minions out the paint removes one of the roadblocks.

way too many judicial, legislative, and executive areas at risk to allow the maga borg to infest and take control.

to your point we can have just as much, or more leverage, when it comes to supporting senate and house candidates. congress controls funding and passes laws. a maga president can block or veto or cause chaos with executive orders.
Strawman

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
shes clearly backed by big interest

and she hasnt done an interview yet, I sense a weekness

however we have this trump fiasco

The concerns are valid with her, I am skeptical. It would be different with a normal non anti black republican party

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

1. I am not part of the "no tangibles, no vote" crowd and barring something crazy, I will be voting for Kamala Harris and likely all the other Dems down ballot in November.

2. I am not part of the "mixed people can't be Black crowd" and while it seems people want to debate her uprbringing to the nth degree, her and her sister Maya (who has a Black ADOS husband) have had roots in the Black community in Oakland during their adult lives (I have family there) so I am not going to say we can't consider them Black or that she has said she is only "Indian". A lot of that is social media whining about this that isn't productive in my opinion.

------

Biden bowed out and they flipped the switch on Kamala more serious than almost anything I have seen in politics. $200M in a week including the $2M from various Zoom calls from Black men and women. People talking about that 2008 feeling etc.

But if we are honest, what is she really bringing to the table besides a better chance to vanquish Trump? In itself this could be enough given the coterie of reactionaries, illiberals, and neo-fascists he and JD Vance have backing them.

But is everyone just going to memory hole all the concerns we had about her even only a month ago? Not just her actions in California as AG and SF/Alameda DA but lack of signature legislation or initiatives as a senator (beating Brett Kavanaugh's ass doesn't count). The absolute chaos and revolving door for staff that characterized both her failed presidential run as well as the VP office? Granted I know this was some of Biden's folks hating and leaking to the press, but this happened way too often to be just a smear campaign. Can she even run a team well??

The absolute abysmal performance she did in some interviews that made it look like she had trouble even being articulate on complex topics? The weird attempts to 'connect' like the Kwanzaa video or talking about smoking weed :dahell:?

Are any of her main advisors/consultants even Black people that have community concerns and not just social climbing as a primary goal?

People may say Obama had a short senate stint but at least he had to fight his way through the primaries against the most formidable challenger in recent Dem primary memory--Hillary Clinton. Kamala didn't even get to Iowa in 2020 and now we are anointing her as the chosen one as if she has bossed up serious since then? Doing what?

---

I'm sorry, given how close this election is we should be pressing her and getting her in line behind the scenes instead of all this fawning. I'm not demanding something unrealistic like cash reparations but all these Zoom hosters and boosters in the media are demanding we show our love without asking much of anything in return assuming her default loyalty to us? Yeah we need to beat Trump but is that all we want? We ain't her major financial backers, Zoom or not.

And mark my word, if she is elected and flames out hard, or the economy tanks (or both), we are setting ourselves up for something much darker and more competent than Trump in 2028 the same way Trump was a reaction to Obama--who didn't have many of the drawbacks above.

I'm sure she will take care of HBCUs but forcing a pledge on police reform, an actual economic stimulus/employment plan that can work for a Black America still recovering from the 2008 crash, a plan to stem the huge slide of young people that is accelerating, especially young men, and a huge curb on immigration would be a start. I'm sorry, I will vote but until I see something convincing I will be holding my nose while doing so.

I didn't read all that shyt, bozos already doing Simone Biles-level mental gymnastics. :unimpressed:

Rhetorical question: what the fukk has Trump done for black folks in this country? At this point, unless they elect the actual Grand Wizard in November, nobody could do less, including VP Harris.
I don't give a fukk if she's black, yellow, white, red (dot), brown. If it's between her and 45, I think my choice is clear. :stopitslime:

And she's a Kay like granny n'dem? :wow:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
shes clearly backed by big interest

and she hasnt done an interview yet, I sense a weekness

however we have this trump fiasco

The concerns are valid with her, I am skeptical. It would be different with a normal non anti black republican party
I don't understand what she can possibly do in an interview that will make her look crazier than Trump or worse than Biden. She will be fine. Literally all she has to do is seem normal, reasonable, and functioning. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

------

---

Dont do that, read all the brochures and take all the pamphlets.

I saw a Democrat in the midwest say she would give police a little more power

This Republican journalist supports reparations

You have to bargain, when you trust 100% in somebody who has not been honest on their end you have to show them you have options.

The coli gets caught up in their emotions too much and does not look at fine details. Never vote straight ticket any time.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
It ain't even about that. It's about PACs and Super PACs. We don't get our agenda passed because we don't have no dark money in the system. This is why talking to fukking rappers and reality stars about this shyt don't matter to me unless they are talking money. Agendas get passed because PACs spent money on it.

We need a more educated politically involved populace.