So I Just Turned 40

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I'll be 36 on July 5th.

No kids = no stress! And I don't ever plan on having any. I love being an uncle though (13 nieces and nephews!)

I eat fairly healthy but I don't exercise nearly as much as I should.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no real talkerson it starts graying at your early 30's but it's noticable as the years pass, by no mean is my hair all gray but it starting to get peppered in. Rakim has had gray hair since his early 30's its more genetic than anything.

is getting young bytches hard for u?

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
be 30 next year but my appearance hasn't changed in like 10 so if that keeps up i will look 30 when im 40 :blessed:

as much as time flew tho it will probably hit me in no time, but its a mind state tho i feel as good as i ever did.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I can relate, I hit that big 3-0 in a few years and it's pretty much got me like :sadcam:

Where did the years go? Seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was a college kid. :old:

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Yesterday was my birthday.

:flabbynsick: season has begun,

So I'm gonna tell you the pros and cons

Cons:

I exercise regularly, but trust it's much harder to stay in shape, without HGH or something, put it like this, if you spend 90 minutes a day in the gym, it takes maybe twice that to stay in the same shape at my age.

On that note, take care of your bodies, you will not be able to drink malt liquor and eat buffalo wings every day when you are 40, you will have wrecked your digestive system in 15-20 years time. It takes me two days to recover from a trip to 5 Guys, so I only eat it occasionally.

I still have my hair but it's starting to go and it's starting to gray, but I got a youthful face, so whatever.

Your decisions have a lot more impact at this age because more people will likely be affected, choose wisely.

but there are some upsides young brehs.

My kids are basically grown. 2 in college and a teenager i just gotta feed and make sure he does his homework and sh1t.

Stable career, i struggled for more years than I didn't but now I'm stable, making a very healthy income. Whether or not you are making 6 figures or not, you should have stabilized your debts by now mortgage aside.

I have great credit. :whew:

Taste in music will def change or at least expand, but this may be generational as I grew up in arguably the GOAT era for music, late 70's through the early 90's. Put it like this by your 30's Soulja Boy or French Montana will sound like noise, your ear will refine itself and you will start finding it outside your core genres if you're not already there.

Other people in my age range feel free to add

Happy Birthday!!!! Long life is a blessing... only on the coli are some dudes 20 FOREVER.... My friends Dad is in his 50s, he runs several miles every morning and can still wear the same size as when he was in his 20s (28 year military vet).... Her Mom still looks good too!

I've seen dudes in their 20s that look like shyt. Between weed, liquor, beer and cigarettes, they've wrecked themselves before the age of 30....

I think that people use youth as an excuse to abuse themselves...

If you continue to take care of yourself, you'll be surprised how well you'll look and feel... :youngsabo:

Best of all you've made good decisions that have allowed you to have a good life for you and your family... :hug:

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
I'm about to be 29...I can't front. Life is much better when you're able to provide for yourself and my mind is opening up much more. That's just the experience of living. No kids yet, but I'm interested in seeing what kinda parent I'd be.

I feel you bruh. It might be me but almost being 29 I feel younger then some 21 year olds.I played ball the other day and these young bucks struggling to run down the court :pachaha:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
My breh theflu nikkas wonder why i don't drink/smoke....but the funny thing is same nikkas ask how I still look 17 :whoo:

aight let me see anything to add on? to be real nah, thats it. Don't drink, don't smoke/drugs. It might seem hard to some but i honestly have no desire to drink/smoke at all like 0.

The downside is people gonna look at you like :scusthov: cos you don't drink/smoke (someone asked if i was a muslim :what:) but we finna reap the benefits in the future breh.

I already seen some of my old friends starting to look flabby.

Yep.

I have never smoked or had a drink...ever. I don't think I look young but folks stay surprised when I say I'm 35 years old.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
No breh, all you have to do is not drink,smoke and work out. Its too late for you lol but for young nikkas like me if we stick to that program....the results will be delicious :smugdraper:

[THIRST]

I'm not a hoe! :whew: But don't you phuccin push me! Yes Gawd! :steviej:

tumblr_ldw2y4Al2R1qcvthoo1_500.gif

tumblr_lm4vl4FhyM1qbxx03.gif

Sorry... :yeshrug:

#imjustsayingtho

[/THIRST]

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Happy B Day OP. Glad you made another year and continue to bless us with your knowledge :blessed: Plus you be right on with the Stock Market knowledge too.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
You're not the first person or the last person to say this to me, but really I'm in a new stage of life. Haha I can assure Nas dyes his hair and does multiple skin treatments and shyt to look like he does. You won't be 20 forever and a lot of you will not age as gracefully as you think you will. You'll see what I'm saying in 15 years.

:usure: Sorry... but I can say under penalty of perjury Nas doesn't dye shyt.... :patrice: skin treatments :duck: Are you serious???

Umm hecks NAW... he takes care of himself... but he ain't doing all of that...