So I Just Turned 40

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
You're black B. Pam Grier was lookin' 40ish well into her 70s. Denzel looks like he could f*ck a m'fer up still at 50+ Jay-Z looking like he's 28 and sh*t. Relax. Yes, if I have a family, kids, work 8-5 everyday for 15 years, of course I will look :flabbynsick:, but I don't plan to live like that :win:

Pam Grier aged well no doubt.

Again Denzel and Jay-Z are super rich you can't live by their standard, just be the best you can be.

But it is true we will look better at 40 than most of our caucasian brehs, def.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
You're not the first person or the last person to say this to me, but really I'm in a new stage of life. Haha I can assure Nas dyes his hair and does multiple skin treatments and shyt to look like he does. You won't be 20 forever and a lot of you will not age as gracefully as you think you will. You'll see what I'm saying in 15 years.

No breh, all you have to do is not drink,smoke and work out. Its too late for you lol but for young nikkas like me if we stick to that program....the results will be delicious :smugdraper:

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
No breh, all you have to do is not drink,smoke and work out. Its too late for you lol but for young nikkas like me if we stick to that program....the results will be delicious :smugdraper:

:patrice:

my younger cousin (21) said we should jump on an 'early intervention' plan, basically if we work out take care from here on and continue by 40 we will still look good. Any recommendations for things to add ?

I've work out 4 times a week

take more care of my skin now :snoop:

anything else

I wanna stay youthful forever :patrice:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Obviously but a lot of people don't especially in this arrested development generation. I'm just drawing from experience, I was a very solid athlete in my 20's but I lived hard too, most people still live hard but don't take care of the other end.

:salute: I expect to see you, posting more in HL more often and engaging in political discussions now...

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps

my younger cousin (21) said we should jump on an 'early intervention' plan, basically if we work out take care from here on and continue by 40 we will still look good. Any recommendations for things to add ?

My breh theflu nikkas wonder why i don't drink/smoke....but the funny thing is same nikkas ask how I still look 17 :whoo:

aight let me see anything to add on? to be real nah, thats it. Don't drink, don't smoke/drugs. It might seem hard to some but i honestly have no desire to drink/smoke at all like 0.

The downside is people gonna look at you like :scusthov: cos you don't drink/smoke (someone asked if i was a muslim :what:) but we finna reap the benefits in the future breh.

I already seen some of my old friends starting to look flabby.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Lol I drink very little and don't smoke, why people think I'm severly overweight, lol. Also doing all that raising 3 kids and working is easier said than done g but fighting the good fight I wish you health,

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Idk bruh sometimes its just them black genes. My cousin was a everyday drinker plus on and off crack for 15 years. He 45 and look 30. Powerful hairline 360 waves and everything :dwillhuh:

Theraflu

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
My breh theflu nikkas wonder why i don't drink/smoke....but the funny thing is same nikkas ask how I still look 17 :whoo:

aight let me see anything to add on? to be real nah, thats it. Don't drink, don't smoke/drugs. It might seem hard to some but i honestly have no desire to drink/smoke at all like 0.

The downside is people gonna look at you like :scusthov: cos you don't drink/smoke (someone asked if i was a muslim :what:) but we finna reap the benefits in the future breh.

Breh too many people I went to school with who are in the 21-25 age group are falling off already. shyt's not even funny I know a couple brehs who are already developing a double chin.

I feel you on the no smoking and no drinking thing and people's reactions, I remember when I went on a medication and I had to not drink and I used to get the :merchant: whenever I told people ('how can you survive without drinking ?!).

I'm on this early intervention movement. If we take good care of ourselves in our 20's and 30's come 40's we gon be :stylin:

Keep it up breh.

jay-dap-o.gif

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

I've work out 4 times a week

take more care of my skin now :snoop:

anything else

I wanna stay youthful forever :patrice:

Avoid stress at all costs. If you can do it, go vegan (that's the hardest one :wow: ) Use all natural products, no synthetic shampoos, toothpaste, soaps, deodorant, etc. Be active MINIMUM 25% of the day. Meaning that if you are awake 16 hours out of the day, you should be spending at least 4 hours in some kind of physical activity, even it's just walking, and that's minimum. That's why I loved Asia so much, 90% of all motion was walking/bicycle. It's hard to be fat in Asia. The human body is designed to be in motion. That's why a lot of these jetset types stay lookin' young well into their 50s, because they're ALWAYS moving around.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Lol I drink very little and don't smoke, why people think I'm severly overweight, lol. Also doing all that raising 3 kids and working is easier said than done g but fighting the good fight I wish you health,

u fat breh? anyway just cut out the drinking. Alchohol is bad for ya skin.

Idk bruh sometimes its just them black genes. My cousin was a everyday drinker plus on and off crack for 15 years. He 45 and look 30. Powerful hairline 360 waves and everything :dwillhuh:

Some dudes are lucky but i don't like playing the lucky game breh. What if my black genetics don't come through and i age like hell :noah: One of the main reasons why i don't drink/smoke is because of my uncle. He was the MAN back in the day. Young, tall and handsome no homo. Heavy drinker/smoker.

Saw him on march after like 10 years.....my nikka fell off :no:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

I got friends who are 29 and look :flabbynsick: It has so much to do with how you take care of yourself. I think weed is ok, cigarettes no, and definitely keep the hard liquors to a minimum (sh*t like cider, ale, cocktails (e.g. pina colada) and wine is ok), and definitely no hard drugs. Cocaine will have you aging faster than Tom Hanks :sadcam:

Theraflu

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Avoid stress at all costs. If you can do it, go vegan (that's the hardest one :wow: ) Use all natural products, no synthetic shampoos, toothpaste, soaps, deodorant, etc. Be active MINIMUM 25% of the day. Meaning that if you are awake 16 hours out of the day, you should be spending at least 4 hours in some kind of physical activity, even it's just walking, and that's minimum. That's why I loved Asia so much, 90% of all motion was walking/bicycle. It's hard to be fat in Asia. The human body is designed to be in motion. That's why a lot of these jetset types stay lookin' young well into their 50s, because they're ALWAYS moving around.

:salute:

The stress part is the only one that's hard for me man. The field I'm in too many responsibilities on my head, too much pressure on me to do well, makes me stressed half of the day man. :to:

i respect the activity % theory, my office isn't too far from my house and I might just walk there on monday and see how it feels, if I like it i might do it a few times a week when I have time.

Breh when I used to be in Africa, I used to walk ALOT like it was nothing. I mean straight 2 hour walks were nothing to me back then.

In USA and Europe we're abit spoilt in that department. I don't think I could do it today.