So I Just Turned 40

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
:ahh:

I got all my house, car, flood, propety, life insurance wrapped into one all for less than the price of a car payment.
:ohlawd:

'dat equity too :jawalrus:

I'm not sweating turning 40 at all... its turning 30 in a few years that has me more :sadcam:

:pachaha:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Yesterday was my birthday.

:flabbynsick: season has begun,

So I'm gonna tell you the pros and cons

Cons:

I exercise regularly, but trust it's much harder to stay in shape, without HGH or something, put it like this, if you spend 90 minutes a day in the gym, it takes maybe twice that to stay in the same shape at my age.

On that note, take care of your bodies, you will not be able to drink malt liquor and eat buffalo wings every day when you are 40, you will have wrecked your digestive system in 15-20 years time. It takes me two days to recover from a trip to 5 Guys, so I only eat it occasionally.

I still have my hair but it's starting to go and it's starting to gray, but I got a youthful face, so whatever.

Your decisions have a lot more impact at this age because more people will likely be affected, choose wisely.

but there are some upsides young brehs.

My kids are basically grown. 2 in college and a teenager i just gotta feed and make sure he does his homework and sh1t.

Stable career, i struggled for more years than I didn't but now I'm stable, making a very healthy income. Whether or not you are making 6 figures or not, you should have stabilized your debts by now mortgage aside.

I have great credit. :whew:

Taste in music will def change or at least expand, but this may be generational as I grew up in arguably the GOAT era for music, late 70's through the early 90's. Put it like this by your 30's Soulja Boy or French Montana will sound like noise, your ear will refine itself and you will start finding it outside your core genres if you're not already there.

Other people in my age range feel free to add
MOST of that shyt, especially the health, exercise and that music b.s. you should have realized in your 20s.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
are you really 60+????

and if so, how did you stumble upon this forum? :ohhh:

LMAO

I'm joking breh. I'm 25.

If I was the trolling/gimmick type.

I swear I'd go on a youngish forum and troll as a 70 year old man.

I think that would have the potential to be the GOAT troll. :ohlawd:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
MOST of that shyt, especially the health, exercise and that music b.s. you should have realized in your 20s.

Obviously but a lot of people don't especially in this arrested development generation. I'm just drawing from experience, I was a very solid athlete in my 20's but I lived hard too, most people still live hard but don't take care of the other end.

ch15x

Mountaineer
Daps
Reppin
TN (east)
:myman:

Staying on top of your game can pretty much :piss: on any flabby-sick conditions.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I'm about to be 29...I can't front. Life is much better when you're able to provide for yourself and my mind is opening up much more. That's just the experience of living. No kids yet, but I'm interested in seeing what kinda parent I'd be.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
You're not the first person or the last person to say this to me, but really I'm in a new stage of life. Haha I can assure Nas dyes his hair and does multiple skin treatments and shyt to look like he does. You won't be 20 forever and a lot of you will not age as gracefully as you think you will. You'll see what I'm saying in 15 years.

You're black B. Pam Grier was lookin' 40ish well into her 70s. Denzel looks like he could f*ck a m'fer up still at 50+ Jay-Z looking like he's 28 and sh*t. Relax. Yes, if I have a family, kids, work 8-5 everyday for 15 years, of course I will look :flabbynsick:, but I don't plan to live like that :win:

Chief

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jozi
Real talk breh, how you 40 and have 2 kids in collage?