So I got scammed last week brehs and feel like an idiot. :snoop:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Our company actually sends us bullshyt phishing emails just to see who will fall for it. Ive never fell for it but some have and they said you have to go through a lot of bullshyt training exercises that make you feel dumber than dirt.
Same. We get them at least once every couple of weeks. Shyt is easy to spot but I’m sure more of my older coworkers be falling for that shyt.

I’m fearful of my clients getting hacked and I don’t know it and I end up doing something for them based off an email instruction. My company should mandate phone verification for all transfers.

Last edited:

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Lol. It happens. I got caught in the Google voice scam.

It was late night and someone requested a Google voice verification code on my behalf using my real number. I was in the process of trying to finish the sale (think Craigslist, offer up, and other nefarious websites) and I fukking gave them my Google verification code like a fukking idiot. Never in my life I have done this shyt.

I immediately realize what I did and panicked as my number is linked to my main Google account /bank accounts/and etc. I Google, Google voice scam for hijacking and they pretty get a new g voice number through your account to hide from LEO.

The only way to reverse it , is to have a second request/verification put in with a new phone and override the previous request to make their link to your account obsolete.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
AT LEAST U NOT LIKE @doggy

HE GOT A TEXT FROM THE “MEXICAN CARTEL” SAYIN HE HAS TO PAY $5K IF HE WANTS HIS FAMILY TO LIVE

KEPT HIM UP ALL NIGHT AND HE EVENTUALLY COUGHED UP THE MONEY

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
images

Just email that back to them

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
So I started a new job 2 months ago and still learning the ropes. It's a mid size company with around 1000 employees. Anyway to the point, I was heading to a meeting on Thursday and got a email from our CEO, with subject line "Quick Response Needed" and it read "Please send me your cell number". Keep in mind it was in my work email and not spam, so I respond with my number and was thinking like "oh shyt, did I do something wrong?" Keep in mind I only spoke to him once, and that was during a virtual interview in the hiring process.

So the next day I get a text in the morning, saying "Hello Brian, this is Mike (CEO's name) are you available?" I respond with yes of course, and he asked me to pick up a document for him from his lawyer and deliver it to our corporate office. I'm like "ok sure, send me the address of where I need to pick it up" He then says "I told my lawyer I'd reward him for his quick turnaround, pick up a couple of apple gift cards for $500 dollars and drop them off when you pick up the document"

Long story short, I did and realized the email was from a gmail and not our company domain. Also the area code of the text was from a Cali number (I know he lives and is from Atlanta). Luckily i realized this before I dropped off the cards. Sad shyt is, I purchased one. :snoop:

Keep ya'll head on a swivel brehs, these scammers getting better and better out here. Also, when you check an email on an i-phone, it shows the name only and not the email address unless you click the name, which I didn't. :mjcry:

Believe your work email can’t have spam in it, brehs :mjlol:

I bet some bumpkin like yourself was the reason the pipeline shyt went down

They need to do cyberawareness training at your company ASAP

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
You'd have a good point if I wasn't in upper leadership and the dude I report to was on vacation.

No, his point is valid.

You'd do well to take up the courses they have to offer because it provides warning against things that pressure you into acting without taking due diligence.

What would happen if someone asked you to authorise a payment minutes before the cut off point for the day. It is a very important client and the company will lose a lot of money for failing to meet SLAs if it is not made.

You're in a senior position. Do better. You don't, it will end up costing you.

I would also report the event. It is not going to look good if the event was a test, you failed, and then acted to conceal.