So I finally listened to Ice Cube's Death Certificate front to back!

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
This album is what made me fall in love with hip hop. Of course I was already a fan but this album was on some other shyt. My big sister had the tape so I dubbed a copy and was blown away. Cube gave everybody the business. Even himself. Even at 10 it was relatable becuz we lived some of this same stuff in our hood all the way over in Baltimore. Plus the timing was perfect with the fact that the Rodney King and Latasha Harlins shyt had just went down. Cube essentially predicted the riot. Top 3 personal album. I only have Cuban Linz and Illmatic over it. shyt changed my life

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I purchased this album around the time it dropped, I was 17-18 at the time. Even though I think Amerikkas Most Wanted was the better album by a little, Ice Cube outside of a few comedic songs captured the vibe perfectly of where Black people were at at the time,not just in LA but all over the country were reaching the tipping point. He basically predicted the LA Riots a year before it happned, and confronted the racism of not just white people but other non Blacks. And it resonated especially with the heavy P-Funk backdrops. It is definitely a must listen.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Skipped school to go purchase and it was about 15 other people with me. Couldn’t go to any party or club without hearing it. Told the future in several tracks and to this day is my favorite hip hop album of all time period.

Oh shyt. Thanks for the insight. Means alot, these stories are important.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
This album is what made me fall in love with hip hop. Of course I was already a fan but this album was on some other shyt. My big sister had the tape so I dubbed a copy and was blown away. Cube gave everybody the business. Even himself. Even at 10 it was relatable becuz we lived some of this same stuff in our hood all the way over in Baltimore. Plus the timing was perfect with the fact that the Rodney King and Latasha Harlins shyt had just went down. Cube essentially predicted the riot. Top 3 personal album. I only have Cuban Linz and Illmatic over it. shyt changed my life

Dope

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I purchased this album around the time it dropped, I was 17-18 at the time. Even though I think Amerikkas Most Wanted was the better album by a little, Ice Cube outside of a few comedic songs captured the vibe perfectly of where Black people were at at the time,not just in LA but all over the country were reaching the tipping point. He basically predicted the LA Riots a year before it happned, and confronted the racism of not just white people but other non Blacks. And it resonated especially with the heavy P-Funk backdrops. It is definitely a must listen.

I gotta check his first album.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
yeah its a profoundly overrated album, I even prefer Predator over it.
full

Y'all nikkas tripping :martin:

Crumple

All Star
Daps
On Death Certificate he also rap's about protecting himself from loose canons or fukbois from the hood

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Okay fukk this! I said I only listened to this album once.

Now I'm blasting it while eating, doing laundry.

What the fukk did I get into?

What's up with bass and the scratches?
:ohlawd:

Crumple

All Star
Daps
"Ay Yo Dre/ stick to producing" - Ice Cube

And they settled it. :salute: