So.... I after 4 years, I'm re-watching LOST for the first time...

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
those first 2 episodes still leave me :krs: after all these years. i don't think any show has ever started off with that magnitude that lost did. I think i watched the first season in like 2 days. straight fiend status. than the 2nd season picked it up further when my boy mr eko came through and crushed the buildings :whew: plus u had ben linus running them head games better than little finger

but the last couple of seasons were def :flabbynsick:

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really don't know how some of yall can watch this show multiple times and claim it had some of the best writing and character development in TV history

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really don't know how some of yall can watch this show multiple times and claim it had some of the best writing and character development in TV history

The character development was good. The overall writing of the story was awful.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
see dude.. you're looking at the show entirely wrong. stop worrying about the islands mysteries. focus on the people.

The problem with this is that 1/2 of the show was about the island. I agree that with the people, it was top notch, but some of it's characters completely revolved around the island, so they were made irrelevant as well.

Last week I popped of the packaging from season 5, watched 10minutes, got confused so I had to go back and start from 4. Now I'm on 6, and this show isn't as good because I know all of this island ish means nothing. Even the flash sideways make no sense in the scheme of things. They pulled the greatest TV con job.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
i dont think any TV show has better character development, and definitely not as good of a musical score. the score is better than about 99% of movies and really makes the the scenes more powerful. so many tv shows could be so much better if they were scored as well as LOST.
YEP!!!! I have ALL the soundtracks for the series on my PC in losselss FLAC format. The feature-film quality musical score is what puts "Lost" over the top for me as 1 of the all-time great TV series. I gots to own the entire series on Blu-ray.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps

When Jack first went to the airport for the meet...then the other car pulled up...the doors open and someone walked slowly towards him in the dark....then you see the persons face and it's Kate...

nikka...

jurassic-park-o.gif

anyone letting the ending to the story ruin shyt like that for them is trippin...str8 up

YEP!!!! I have ALL the soundtracks for the series on my PC in losselss FLAC format. The feature-film quality musical score is what puts "Lost" over the top for me as 1 of the all-time great TV series. I gots to own the entire series on Blu-ray.

The score when they sailed off in the first raft was :blessed: beautiful piece of music

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I guarantee you everyone who shyts on "Lost" are folks who watched the show when it was on. Everyone who watched the later on after the series ended on Blu-ray/DVD/Netflix/etc. co-signs the show.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I guessed they were all ghosts in the very beginning:win:

They were alive on the island. The ending with the purgatory stuff was what happened when all of them eventually died off (either on the island or off). They had built a bond so special that somehow in death they found a way to still be together.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could tell they were just making shyt up and had no idea where it was going by season 4, but it was still a fun show to watch for a lot of its run, with great visuals.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I guarantee you everyone who shyts on "Lost" are folks who watched the show when it was on. Everyone who watched the later on after the series ended on Blu-ray/DVD/Netflix/etc. co-signs the show.
So is this supposed to be some sort of praise for the show? Those of us who actually invested 6 years of our lives into the show shyt on it. Those of us who got to know the characters shyt on it. Those of us who spent hundreds or thousands of hours dissecting the show and trying to figure out what it all means shyt on it. Those of us who hated Charlie yet still wanted to cry when he died because of the powerful storytelling still shyt on it. Those of us who defended it for years against the Attention Deficit Disorder crowd shyt on it.

But it is supposed to be a good look for the show that everyone who sat down and watched it in a short span of time and didn't take the time to actually invest emotionally in it are OK with it all. :stopitslime:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
So is this supposed to be some sort of praise for the show? Those of us who actually invested 6 years of our lives into the show shyt on it. Those of us who got to know the characters shyt on it. Those of us who spent hundreds or thousands of hours dissecting the show and trying to figure out what it all means shyt on it. Those of us who hated Charlie yet still wanted to cry when he died because of the powerful storytelling still shyt on it. Those of us who defended it for years against the Attention Deficit Disorder crowd shyt on it.

But it is supposed to be a good look for the show that everyone who sat down and watched it in a short span of time and didn't take the time to actually invest emotionally in it are OK with it all. :stopitslime:
:umad:

Daps
Reppin
California
Man I loved the experience of watching this show. Just a shame it ended like that.

The mystery aspect is what really was drawing, there isn't another show since then that could capture that air of mystery.

"The Constant" is one of the greatest episodes of television ever though. Did that win any awards?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Man I loved the experience of watching this show. Just a shame it ended like that.

The mystery aspect is what really was drawing, there isn't another show since then that could capture that air of mystery.

"The Constant" is one of the greatest episodes of television ever though. Did that win any awards?

Not sure, but the dude that played Desmond won an Emmy...deservedly so.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang

Are there really nikkas out there cosigning the show though?:patrice: I started watching it after the second season, because I think the third season was about to start. If I had watched from the very beginning I would have been like :birdman: at the ending. I feel like people who watch it on dvd, kind of know how it ends, and are curious to see how it got there. I remember nikkas be trying to figure out what the four toed statue was, trying to interpret the hieroglyphics, all that shyt in each episode. In the end, all that shyt didn't matter.

I don't think nikkas who have the dvds invest time is figuring out what everything means in each episode, they just watch the next one and keep it moving.

I will say it did have the best cliff hanger season finales though.