So.... I after 4 years, I'm re-watching LOST for the first time...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Fat boy not losing weight even though he was on a hot ass island with little resources speaks to the quality of this bullshyt show.
it was a TV show. the guy is a real person with a real weight problem. you honestly expect him to overcome that for a TV role when he's not really a major actor in the industry?

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Glad I never got into this show...think I saw like 2-3 eps and was done with it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Experiencing Lost for the first time was an experience of EPIC proportions.

It had so much potential, a few key flaws keep it from being in GOAT discussions.

They set up Jacob to be an island deity, with a cool nemesis and intriguing back story, but the final payoff and reveal of Jacob and The Man In Black's history felt rushed and not properly thought out.

The handling of Walt and Michael's characters was completely, horribly, and unforgivably wack. It was NEVER explained why Walt was special, the origins of his powers, or what exactly the Others did to him while he was kidnapped, moreover the fact that Michael, as a father sacrificed so much for his son, to not even get some kind of proper reconciliation between the two, smacked of bad plotting. The theme of EVERY character on the show revolved around some type of redemption, Michael's character was denied that (the actor Harold Perrineau was actually very vocal about that, leading to a short fued with the show runners)

Jack was made out to be this ultra important character with a special destiny....which was to replug the island and die....Not very epic in the grand scheme of things...

The final episode, while beautifully shot and wonderfully acted, was a cop out. No debating that, the show runners wrote themselves into a corner and got out of it by pulling the purgatory/Heaven card. Anti-climatic and unimpressive

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Agree with the poster above, yeah they did Michael's character wrong.

The show was stupid as shyt, when you think about it. You can the tell the ABC executives and/or higher ups were fukking with the show in the last season. That is why it was so wack. They wanted to get maximum commercial dollars with each episode that aired. I really think this show send a message to the industry, because of the backlash that the last episode/season got. More writers started putting their foot down and not letting the dollars dictate how they write the script.

I aint fukking with ABC after this show, I don't watch any of the shyt on that channel.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Series had no replay value.

I still watch the wire or the sopranos every other year.
haven't seen lost since the original air date.
still waiting to see which category breaking bad falls into.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont think any TV show has better character development, and definitely not as good of a musical score. the score is better than about 99% of movies and really makes the the scenes more powerful. so many tv shows could be so much better if they were scored as well as LOST.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif
at season 6

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif
at season 6

It aint even that season 6 was bad though. On its own, it was fine. The problem is that we found out in season 6 that 75% of the plot throughout the rest of the series was completely irrelevant and/or unexplained. All these mysteries we had invested our time in,thrown in the bushes and exposed as nothing more than someone throwing darts at an idea board

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Got hasn't trumped lost and this is someone who has read all the books. They don't even know it will end yet.
:stopitslime:

There is nothing that Game of Thrones does that doesnt at the very least equal Lost. The ending to GOT will determine whether it is GOAT status, not whether it is better than Lost.

Lost is forever banished to the 'honorable mentions' list with the description of the best show ever watched while it was airing, only to have the entire show destroyed once the writers bullshyt was exposed. There is no none zero zilch replay value.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
It aint even that season 6 was bad though. On its own, it was fine. The problem is that we found out in season 6 that 75% of the plot throughout the rest of the series was completely irrelevant and/or unexplained. All these mysteries we had invested our time in,thrown in the bushes and exposed as nothing more than someone throwing darts at an idea board
see dude.. you're looking at the show entirely wrong. stop worrying about the islands mysteries. focus on the people.