So Cody came back to WWe to be a second tier title holder and get push out by part timers

Mob H

All Star
Daps
The result is obvious and the match itself is gonna be ass.

WWE audiences don't expect AEW level 'rasslin but still.. you got a 52-year-old working on Night 2 of a buy-one, get-one special (word to phil brooks) when the crowd will have basically sat there watching 8+ hours of wrestling. And you end the weekend by giving them a bad match with a predictable result.

Rock-Roman at this point is one of those ideas that is better in theory. You anticipate the spectacle of the build-up -- staredown, promos n all that, but when it gets down to the actual match, I don't see it.
Not only is it a forgone conclusion what's gonna happen, it's also a foregone conclusion of how it's gonna happen. Rock hits the People's Elbow and the ref gets pulled out the ring at 2.99, then gets attacked or distracted into a Spear, which is more of the issue for me at this point than Cody losing his spot.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I can see them doing Cody wins the belt from Seth and then priest cashing in and beating Cody, and we hear a sad Cody until money in the bank where he wins and finally beating Roman at summerslam after he beats Rock and passes Hoegan reign

Only issue with this scenario is Reigns wouldn't pass Hoegan's record until mid-September.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I can see them doing Cody wins the belt from Seth and then priest cashing in and beating Cody, and we hear a sad Cody until money in the bank where he wins and finally beating Roman at summerslam after he beats Rock and passes Hoegan reign
Roman has to hold the belt until September to surpass Hogan

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Cody literally worked his ass off to be the face of the company, came back from a pec injury, sold T shirts, put in the work on both shows, stayed after to sign autographs on house shows, Win the Rumble Twice only for The Rock whom haven't had a match in 11 years to come in and take his spot.. Cotdamn :mjlol:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not only is it a forgone conclusion what's gonna happen, it's also a foregone conclusion of how it's gonna happen. Rock hits the People's Elbow and the ref gets pulled out the ring at 2.99, then gets attacked or distracted into a Spear, which is more of the issue for me at this point than Cody losing his spot.
And everyone is supposed to be all :lupe: when the camera is doing the slow closeup of a hooded figure when everyone knows it's fukking Solo:beli: