So Cody came back to WWe to be a second tier title holder and get push out by part timers

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Fightful:

Those that we’ve spoken to said that The Rock had not only pushed to work the match, some thought he was even pushing to win the match. Regardless of what the finish will be, multiple sources said that they viewed this as a political move that TKO believes will result in more immediate money than what would have been with Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns. Sources within TKO swore this wasn’t done out of malice to Rhodes, and value him as a talent, but believe that those involved with the decision making underestimated how the patience of the audience has worn thin on the situation.

:unimpressed:

The WWE defense force gonna have to play the full 48 minutes + OT if they have to run a full court press on defending Rock ending Roman's streak .

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
And The Rock is still main eventing mania with Roman

:manny:

I don’t know what Austin Theory failed cash in has to do with any of this shyt, but shouts out to Cody. Hate he couldn’t get his chip this mania but fukk it we ball
Lol right

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Their potential backup plan sounds awful. So, Cody's going to win the title against some hobbled gimp that he's already beaten three times, and then beat Roman at SummerSlam to become the Undisputed WWE Universal World Heavyweight Reigning Defending Ultra Lord Slamma Jamma Ding Dong Champion? :mjlol:
Them unifying the titles two years ago is what put them in the situation they're in now, and they still haven't escaped it. :mjlol:

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps
Fightful:

:unimpressed:

The WWE defense force gonna have to play the full 48 minutes + OT if they have to run a full court press on defending Rock ending Roman's streak .

It's the money that matters and there's money in Rock humbling his lil cousin by winning the belt :aicmon:

• Haha
Reactions: 907

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm still waiting to see the part where Cody said he's wrestling Seth for his title... :mjlol:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Rock - “Code! come here and give Rocky a hug”

Screenshot-2024-02-03-at-12.10.57%E2%80%AFPM-350x350.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Rock - “I know you want to finish your story at Wrestlemania but it’s gonna have to wait just a little longer Code. Congrats on winning the royal rumble back to back. That hasn’t been done since my good buddy Steve. Do this one favor and I got you brother. Love you man. Thank you. Now step aside…Me and Roman gotta do the face off”.

images

images

rock-reigns.jpg

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I think the worst part about all this is the fact that the result for Rock Roman is super obvious

Unless we get Jacob, Zilla etc. in some all out Samoan rumble fukkery no-finish, the result is clearly gonna be Roman winning lol

The result is obvious and the match itself is gonna be ass.

WWE audiences don't expect AEW level 'rasslin but still.. you got a 52-year-old working on Night 2 of a buy-one, get-one special (word to phil brooks) when the crowd will have basically sat there watching 8+ hours of wrestling. And you end the weekend by giving them a bad match with a predictable result.

Rock-Roman at this point is one of those ideas that is better in theory. You anticipate the spectacle of the build-up -- staredown, promos n all that, but when it gets down to the actual match, I don't see it.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Cody is great because he’s relatable..

Like when you really look at the story of Cody, you have to look at it in totality. Not just what you see on TV

This is a dude that we’ve seen

- initially struggle as a jobber while living with the burden of not being his pops

- finally come into his own and start showing potential

- get pushed back down the card and forced to play a cartoon character he didn’t wanna play

- ask for his release and get it poppin on the indys

- really make himself a main eventer outside of WWE’s system

- walk back into WWE as the SELF-MADE face of the company due to his own hard work without the machine

When you consider all this, it’s not hard to see why people love Cody. nikka truly made shyt pop. You can’t hate on that, even if he is a lil corny

I never said cashing in on the US title and losing was a good idea

But on the coli where nikkas skim posts, look for keywords and reply to what they imagined was said, I’m not surprised you weren’t able to comprehend.
His story outside the ring is compelling, but his actual work leaves a lot to desire. Name me classic Cody matches. I haven't been up on my wrasslin lately but I watched him when he was face of AEW. His matches were mediocre or below that, his mic work was embarrassing, he had the charisma of a stuttering drunkard all while AEW was pushing him. It felt so forced that they were pushing him too. Story-wise he's supposed to be a face, but his arrogance and personality makes him come across as a heel. Cody Rhodes in AEW was one of the most confusing wrestling acts I've ever seen. From his actual work in-ring and on the mic I do not think Rhodes deserves this kind of push especially against someone like Roman who has clearly carved a niche for his character and really won everyone over.