So Blizzard got booed off the stage at their own event...

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Back in the day I had a level 99 Amazon, used to play that shyt everyday after school. By 04-05 I was done with PC gaming and let my character just expire. Didn't even bother with D3. Blizzard is the shyts.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
A mobile game is a cash grab and everyone knows it. Fans can be a$$holes, but the booing was deserved. This is what they ended the show on? Especially after how fans reacted to that Command and Conquer mobile game at E3? Did they really think that this audience would accept this game with open arms? A mobile game that is most likely a reskin of other NetEase games.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
The fans did this to themselves. They've been expecting Diablo 4 for a while trying to decrypt Blizzard's social media posts like a conspiracy theorist. I remember seeing on post in Reddit where the logo for the Diable event had 4 dots and they started stirring themselves saying it was a small hint to D4.

Blizzard came out before the event and said D4 wasnt going to be announced.

and when it wasnt announced they lost their shyt.

Its a pretty childish tantrum.

How you gonna put expectations on someone else that hasn't said anything and then get mad when they dont say what you wanted?
When customers tell you they don't like something, that isn't called a childish tantrum that is called market feedback.
If you don't want to eventually go out of business. you listen to that market feedback.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Blizzcon is not where you show off a mobile game, not as a main highlight.

Doesn't matter how big the IP is.

They basically showed off the most casual (yet addicting) form of gaming to the most hardcore and self entitled crowd of gamers and it didn't go over well.

It would be like having a sports car show and the company shows off a kia with a kit on it.

Anywhere else or anytime else and this would have been fine.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop

Bethesda never let me down fam...:wow::banderas:

They ain’t show shyt, we already knew 6 was coming. Plus it won’t be out for quite a while, that’s just an asinine announcement imo. The starfield announcement made no sense either.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They ain’t show shyt, we already knew 6 was coming. Plus it won’t be out for quite a while, that’s just an asinine announcement imo. The starfield announcement made no sense either.

I'm saying a teaser of something is WAY better than a garbage ass mobile game...:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think the point is that Blizzard could have avoided some of this bad reaction if they would have announced something for PC

Juven

All Star
Daps
he got booed, not "booed off stage"

that being said, it is pretty childish, and entitled, to react like this. if you want to play Diablo on your PC, go play Diablo 3. this is something else

It says Diablo 3 came out 6 years ago, so maybe the fans want a new game?
Never played Diablo, so I am not sure if they should be expecting a new game .

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Kotaku report: Diablo IV announcement pulled from BlizzCon 2018
posted on 11.05.18 at 03:08 PM EST by Sal Romano (@salromano)

the smartphone game Diablo Immortal (pictured), but the announcement was pulled, “two people familiar with Blizzard’s plans” have told Kotaku.

The Diablo IV announcement would have reportedly come in the form of a teaser video in which Blizzard Entertainment co-founder Allen Adham told the crowd that Diablo IV is in development, but not ready to show.

Kotaku reports that Blizzard Entertainment changed its plans in the last couple of weeks. One person told the website that the Diablo team was not ready to commit to an announcement, as Diablo IV has changed drastically over the past few years and may continue to change. Kotaku also heard that Diablo IV has gone through at least two different iterations under different directors.

On October 17, Blizzard Entertainment published a blog post essentially confirming Diablo IV, but writing off its presence at BlizzCon 2018. The studio wrote, “These are very exciting times—we currently have multiple teams working on different Diablo projects and we can’t wait to tell you all about them . . . when the time is right.”

Back in August, Blizzard Entertainment also released a video called “The Future of Diablo” in which it confirmed “multiple Diablo projects” are in development.

Blizzard Entertainment did not comment on this story when contacted by Kotaku.

Read more at Kotaku report: Diablo IV announcement pulled from BlizzCon 2018 - Gematsu

Can't blame the crowd for booing at all.
Diablo fans have been anxious as hell for a new game and they sure as hell weren't asking for a smartphone one.
Fans can be brutal, ignorant, and impatient, but Blizzard showed they are completely out of touch with their core fans if they thought that announcement was going to be received with any level of praise.

Asking "Do you guys not have smartphones" brought me back to the days of "If You Don't Have Internet: Get Xbox 360, Not Xbox One"

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
"no one asked for a mobile game" :pacspit:

"the mobile game is an obvious cash grab" :stopitslime:

"are there any plans to make the mobile game playable on PC?" :ld:

"no" :birdman:

"booooooooooooooooooooooo!" :pacspit: