So basically Black people are a couple of court cases and a republican president away from being permanent second class citizens

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Stop with the "you have no idea how politcs work" babble as a cover up to you not making no damn sense. I am responding directly to what you said about Charlie Rangel and the old guard who aged out. Your argument reminds me of the Tavis Smiley and Cornel West shyt, when they went scorched earth because Obama didn't include them in his circle.
(This nikka really slow, I'm trynna be nice.)

Who the president surrounds himself with matters. It informs the issues an administration will focus on. Bill Clinton probably had more black advisors than Obama (I'm only vaguely recalling, I was in hs). Naturally, he didn't listen to them when it mattered, but we expected more from a man who advertised himself as black.

Look at Chicago politics. Bp were enough of a force to send the first 'black' president to Washington, but Obama's boy Rahm became mayor, had black sites where bm were tortured, and the black politics of Chicago been on a downturn ever since. Rahm closed schools for funding reasons, the city opened them back up for migrants, and the black residents are largely powerless. This is a vast change. Pay attention to what's going on around you.

Tavis and Cornel were not wrong. You forget that they were kinda speaking for us at the time. Cornel had written Race Matters, Tavis had his State of the Black Union, we were discussing our issues in a national forum and reaching some conclusions about our future. Obama cutting them out said a lot about the direction he would take. I denied it at the time, but in retrospect, the old heads was right. The argument you're mindlessly repeating is the one put out by MSNBC and them. I don't trust them to have my best interests in mind, but you do you.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
It's already evident. Who's usually moving out when neighborhoods are being gentrified. Blacks hold 4 percent of the nation's wealth and Hispanics already passed us. Really no need for a long-term outlook.
The funny thing is that when the data showing this phenomenon of mass black homeless first popped up during the mod 2010s, it got dismissed since it showed fhaf most the homeless were black men. To make matters worse, intersectionals helped them brush it under the bus.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
We only organize under the auspices of the democratic party now.
That's been the problem since Carter post CRM. Organizing under the auspices of only a political party has done us no favor.
We need to organize under the auspices of improving our condition. The same way Arabs, Nigerians, Filipinos, Latinos and other ethnic groups do.
So then, if Republicans go after that, they have to go after everybody else. They won't. As long as we accept funding from the private sector we risk blowback.
They can't stop us funding ourselves and our own organizations with our money. That starts with our own businesses in our own neighborhoods.
Integrating the black dollar killed the growth of a black economy to save itself from racist politicians and racist policies.
Republicans must have forgot there were two Americas because they made one group second class citizens.
LBJ was afraid this second America, because it had to develop largely on its own, was becoming an economic powerhouse in its own right.
A symptom of that power was in the leaders the CRM was churning out.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
The bigger question is why do we continue to live in the US and expect things to be different for the majority of us? We have to beg, kick and scream for every inch of progress. fukk this garbage ass country. Let's colonize Mars before the cacs arrive
:jbhmm: Where your people from?

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
(This nikka really slow, I'm trynna be nice.)

Who the president surrounds himself with matters. It informs the issues an administration will focus on. Bill Clinton probably had more black advisors than Obama (I'm only vaguely recalling, I was in hs). Naturally, he didn't listen to them when it mattered, but we expected more from a man who advertised himself as black.

Look at Chicago politics. Bp were enough of a force to send the first 'black' president to Washington, but Obama's boy Rahm became mayor, had black sites where bm were tortured, and the black politics of Chicago been on a downturn ever since. Rahm closed schools for funding reasons, the city opened them back up for migrants, and the black residents are largely powerless. This is a vast change. Pay attention to what's going on around you.

Tavis and Cornel were not wrong. You forget that they were kinda speaking for us at the time. Cornel had written Race Matters, Tavis had his State of the Black Union, we were discussing our issues in a national forum and reaching some conclusions about our future. Obama cutting them out said a lot about the direction he would take. I denied it at the time, but in retrospect, the old heads was right. The argument you're mindlessly repeating is the one put out by MSNBC and them. I don't trust them to have my best interests in mind, but you do you.
I am trying to figure out how you are trying to turn this thread into an anti-Obama thread. Your arguments against Obama are fair and definitely something to be discussed but why are you moving the attention from what conservatives are actually doing, back to what Obama did years ago? If you want to make the argument that Hilary shouldn't have been the candidate, and we should have run someone else with the direction of Obama, then fair. But you aren't making that argument. You are talking sour grapes as some sort of "gotcha moment" when Obama had 8 years in office and was popular amongst black voters up until the day he left office. My question is why are you deflecting from the true subject of this thread and not providing anything constructive about moving forward?

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
:mindblown: You don't get it. They let this happen. Some of us watched it in real time, here yall come, LATE.

Obama had SC pics and got punked, where tf was the party??? Are the Republicans the only ones with lawyers?? Why can't Dems fight anything, ever? What the fukk is they doing?? Why will no one answer this???

He failed us, point blank

Dems just refused to hear what our votes meant and now this is the end result. They had a prime opportunity but instead focused on everything but protecting their base. What a waste brehette. :snoop:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I'm sorry so what does this mean for us in the long term? Because people on the coli are acting like nothing is going to actually happen.
On the internet, people generally settle into echo chambers, and follow what their thought leaders tell them.

The federal dismantling of Affirmative Action that I mentioned in the first post was dismissed/laughed at/ignored when I brought it up in HL.

Until it happened.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The bigger question is why do we continue to live in the US and expect things to be different for the majority of us? We have to beg, kick and scream for every inch of progress. fukk this garbage ass country. Let's colonize Mars before the cacs arrive
Man...my ancestors fought wars for this country. My great grandfather was a WW1 vet. Lots of my family served the military and I'm just as part of this country as any white person here. fukk even more.

I want this country to be better for my people so I couldn't see myself permanently leaving.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
On the internet, people generally settle into echo chambers, and follow what their thought leaders tell them.

The federal dismantling of Affirmative Action that I mentioned in the first post was dismissed/laughed at/ignored when I brought it up in HL.

Until it happened.

I don't even go in HL anymore, all those posters are so smart that they become dumb.