So basically Black people are a couple of court cases and a republican president away from being permanent second class citizens

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup and black America isn't paying attention. The only major black voice I see sounding the alarm is Roland Martin.

Its going to happen right under our noses. Another Trump presidency will seal our fate. He'll be able to appoint more far right judges that will oversee a lot of these cases.

A lot of these both side/accelerationists will be happy though. Because at that point our only option will be through bloodshed. And I mean that literally.

We had a messiah once who sounded the alarm. He was sent to prison because people didnt like his tone and flamboyant ways. But the message was loud and clear 7 years ago that you shouldve been preparing to leave the country as a black man. The government was g.m.o'ing us to smithereens. Our women have been weaponized against us. We are funding our own oppression by staying here in America.

And yes this is true,but less dramatic. If things get worst,then black people will have no choice but to wake up and find a way out of this burning house. Im not wishing for things to get worst. But what i am saying is that its a win win situation:respect:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
you acting as if biden is bringing us into a utopia...:mjlol:

OTHER groups do not vote unless their needs will be met... other groups do NOT care about the democratic party. they are not loyal to a party... voting is a transaction... if you do not do what I want we will not vote for you... after all the empty promises the dems have given us. what have we gotten for it... :stopitslime: you are talking from a place of fear... stop being so afraid and stop being loyal to a party that fukks you in the ass...
I feel you, but we aren’t OTHER GROUPS. The difference is the blatant anti-Black racism present in the Republican Party and their agenda.
Other groups don’t care because the republicans aren’t purposefully targeting them the way they do US. Asians & Latinos don’t GAF about how the decisions of the republican lawmakers affects US.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I feel you, but we aren’t OTHER GROUPS. The difference is the blatant anti-Black racism present in the Republican Party and their agenda.
Other groups don’t care because the republicans aren’t purposefully targeting them the way they do US. Asians & Latinos don’t GAF about how the decisions of the republican lawmakers affects US.

agreed...:ld: but its not on us to save this pos country anymore... :manny: let it burn...

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Some of us recognized this during Obama's 2nd term.

This country has a certain pattern. Anti black backlash always follows any little upswing, and this wasn't little: they positioned him as a political messiah, the balm America needed after the 'contentious' (ha!) Bush years. We ALL reacted strongly, because we were supposed to. Think back to those nighttime speeches with the spotlights, all the little stagecraft they used. (Similar to the iconic Ground Zero pics and that 'Mission Accomplished shyt they tried to do for Bush. :mjlol:)

I say all that to say, a certain vibe was set. Both Obama haters and lovers were getting dopamine hits everyday. As history informs us, big highs bring big lows. Disillusioned progressives, the more radical portion of Democratic voters, realized that the party would never move away from neo-liberalism, no matter how much power we gave them. They started peeling off. Occupy happened. ADOS made its first fledgling steps. starting with a viral YC vid when she was still on Boyce. Bernie Bros became a thing, again, former mainline Dems.

This all happened before election day 2016. What made conscientious black voters nervous enough to finally start reconsidering our relationship with the party was that, despite all his fancy education, Obama seemed totally unaware of the danger we were in. He enacted no protections, gave us no special favor. (I also think there's an argument to be made that his ascent knocked out a lot of old school black pols, replacing them with his people.) His own friends were harassed by some cracker police and Obama kissed his ass. He left us naked out here with these crackers and then skipped off to Martha's Vineyard. Trayvon, Tamir Rice, Mike Brown, Mitrice Richardson- say their names.

We started first, just settling on the proper language to describe the changing political landscape. Because it's a modern movement, it's internet based, and so whatever natural hiccups were magnified and disseminated thousand-fold. Then, the people we were advocating for, good black Dems, were informed that we were bots, by Joy Ann Reid, sole negro left standing at MSNBC. And silly nikkas started repeating it, leading to a good eight years of those same good black Dems fighting US instead of fighting the Democratic party. I pointed this out the other day. Any political discussion had in TLR is immediately thwarted by re-directing the rightful wrath of voters to the people who are trying to advocate for them. Slick.

TLdr: ... So here we are, de-fanged and just as naked as we were in 2008, political landscape completely feral. We been seen this coming, that's why we was pressing them so hard.

Meanwhile, watch all these good Dem nikkas in this thread act brand new, like they wasn't just telling us to shut up and vote. I hate fake nikkas. :mjlol:
Yeah this is all Obama's fault :dead: Ay ya'll remember these memes from the Obama presidency?

200w.gif

200w.gif

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Idk what that means tbh. I thought black women preferences exoticals in the 1990s? Seems like black men followed your lead.
I think brehs preferred them before us. Dudes were on the “LS” wave- light skin, light eyes, etc “wet hair girls”, etc was the old shyt they were saying before we were even born

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Moral high ground. Dems always have to be the party that plays by the rules and thinks of keeping the idea of the union together. Only reason I can think of. It's like appeasing a bully or something. If we don't fight back maybe we can keep the peace. It's a dumb strategy.
:what: And why would I vote for the party that appeases the bully? We don't have that kind of leeway.

Dems would sit right there and watch us be enslaved. Even Lincoln and the so-called liberals of his time said they weren't actually fighting for our freedom, that was just collateral 'damage' to the south.

Let me explain something. As a woman and a historian, I am WELL AWARE that the freedoms and protections I enjoy could be taken away at ANY MOMENT, full stop. Black people are supposed to be fighting 24/7. We don't get a chance to rest. We rested during Obama and ended up much poorer, babies murdered in the street. Some people don't pay attention until the crazy ppl start waving the crazy flag. They've been there the whole time, yall just wasn't paying attention.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Moral high ground. Dems always have to be the party that plays by the rules and thinks of keeping the idea of the union together. Only reason I can think of. It's like appeasing a bully or something. If we don't fight back maybe we can keep the peace. It's a dumb strategy.
:ohhh:In the Chapo Trap House - The West Wing Review they touch on the same thing

the hosts discuss their experiences with the popular political drama series, The West Wing. Some had seen every episode, while others were newcomers. They reflect on how their perspectives have changed over the years, with one host admitting to losing faith in the show during the George W. Bush administration. They also discuss how the show's appeal to Washington insiders and its distinctive writing may have contributed to its enduring appeal among certain audiences. The hosts criticize the show for promoting a fantasy of technocratic liberalism and express their disagreement with its portrayal of politics. They also reference an article by Luke Savage titled "How Liberals Fell in Love with The West Wing: Aaron Sorkin's Political Drama Shows Everything Wrong with the Democratic Worldview," which explores similar themes.
the speakers discuss their continued fascination with the West Wing despite its unrealistic portrayal of politics. They compare watching the show to discovering that Bang Bus isn't real, acknowledging the entertainment value even though they know it's not an accurate representation. The speakers also reflect on how the show influenced their political aspirations and the disappointment they felt when the Obama administration didn't live up to their expectations. They note that every scene involves characters having arguments, with the winner receiving a reward, creating a "clockwork universe" where winning an argument leads to desired outcomes. The speakers also mention the influence of the West Wing on figures like Ezra Klein and Matt Iglesias, who saw the show as a representation of the idealized political world they wanted to be a part of.
the hosts discuss an episode where a Republican character, Ainsley, is offered a job in the White House despite her ideological differences with the administration. They joke about hiring people with opposing views and the moralizing nature of the show, which they compare to modern liberalism. The hosts also reference a speech given by Barack Obama during his 2004 Democratic National Convention speech, where he famously said "there's no red America, there's no blue America—there's the United States of America." They argue that this attitude of inclusivity and the need to entertain opposing views, even if they disagree, is a perfect representation of the current political climate. The hosts also discuss the show's portrayal of a rigid hierarchy and the adulation of power, which they see as reflective of Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have nothing against Africans, or any African countries. But America is my home, and I'm not running from shyt. Can't a cracka, a c00n or high water stop me from seeking salvation. If I die I die on my fukking feet, not on my knees.

Your home? This is StockHolme syndrome talking. Your ancestors were kidnapped and forced to stay here. Does that sound like home to you? Dont allow the European to limit you to one hemisphere,the earth belonged to the black man once:respect:

Kingpin

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown: You don't get it. They let this happen. Some of us watched it in real time, here yall come, LATE.

Obama had SC pics and got punked, where tf was the party??? Are the Republicans the only ones with lawyers?? Why can't Dems fight anything, ever? What the fukk is they doing?? Why will no one answer this???

+ Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg not retiring when Obama had a shot at appointing a “liberal” successor changed future balance of court. Some of current conditions were self inflicted by democrats