So basically Black people are a couple of court cases and a republican president away from being permanent second class citizens

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
If we really be real we already lost in 2016 and now we're holding on by a hair.
Some of us recognized this during Obama's 2nd term.

This country has a certain pattern. Anti black backlash always follows any little upswing, and this wasn't little: they positioned him as a political messiah, the balm America needed after the 'contentious' (ha!) Bush years. We ALL reacted strongly, because we were supposed to. Think back to those nighttime speeches with the spotlights, all the little stagecraft they used. (Similar to the iconic Ground Zero pics and that 'Mission Accomplished shyt they tried to do for Bush. :mjlol:)

I say all that to say, a certain vibe was set. Both Obama haters and lovers were getting dopamine hits everyday. As history informs us, big highs bring big lows. Disillusioned progressives, the more radical portion of Democratic voters, realized that the party would never move away from neo-liberalism, no matter how much power we gave them. They started peeling off. Occupy happened. ADOS made its first fledgling steps. starting with a viral YC vid when she was still on Boyce. Bernie Bros became a thing, again, former mainline Dems.

This all happened before election day 2016. What made conscientious black voters nervous enough to finally start reconsidering our relationship with the party was that, despite all his fancy education, Obama seemed totally unaware of the danger we were in. He enacted no protections, gave us no special favor. (I also think there's an argument to be made that his ascent knocked out a lot of old school black pols, replacing them with his people.) His own friends were harassed by some cracker police and Obama kissed his ass. He left us naked out here with these crackers and then skipped off to Martha's Vineyard. Trayvon, Tamir Rice, Mike Brown, Mitrice Richardson- say their names.

We started first, just settling on the proper language to describe the changing political landscape. Because it's a modern movement, it's internet based, and so whatever natural hiccups were magnified and disseminated thousand-fold. Then, the people we were advocating for, good black Dems, were informed that we were bots, by Joy Ann Reid, sole negro left standing at MSNBC. And silly nikkas started repeating it, leading to a good eight years of those same good black Dems fighting US instead of fighting the Democratic party. I pointed this out the other day. Any political discussion had in TLR is immediately thwarted by re-directing the rightful wrath of voters to the people who are trying to advocate for them. Slick.

TLdr: ... So here we are, de-fanged and just as naked as we were in 2008, political landscape completely feral. We been seen this coming, that's why we was pressing them so hard.

Meanwhile, watch all these good Dem nikkas in this thread act brand new, like they wasn't just telling us to shut up and vote. I hate fake nikkas. :mjlol:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
All this court case suing shyt really had me in the shower like :dahell:

These judges have basically decided that anything designed to help Black people after being disenfranchised for years is "racist." Okay.

So now dudes are talking about working on zipcodes and shyt. But the same cracker ass cracker judges can just say that disproportionately helps Black people and is therefore "racist" as well, can't they? :dahell:

"That's unconstitutional" you might say. So then we sue. And then it goes to... the white supremacist Supreme Court that Trump picked, and gets shot down in another 6-3 decision :dahell:

So basically all these judges that trump picked are set up to rewrite the rules so that we can't be helped and that everything is "standard." But "standard" in a majority white country favors... white people. What we gonna do? They can literally say its constitutional in a 6-3 decision :dahell:

The only recourse is that they might be moving slow and playing cute right now because we have a democratic president. But if they get a republican, really, what the fukk are you gonna do? Violent unrest? The republican president calls down the national guard.:dahell: Play the legal game? 6-3 nikka :dahell:

If we really be real we already lost in 2016 and now we're holding on by a hair. We need Dems in the oval office until one of the older supreme justices (ideally two) die so shyt can be saved and we can back on track. otherwise that's a wrap for decades, maybe centuries
Born siders because they lack understanding of civics and are such stubborn contrarians don’t get that it’s not just about voting for Biden. It’s an entire administration. It’s the Federal judges and especially the Supreme Court. Because of people’s lack of vision and apathy in 2016 Trump was able to get in and install 3 far right lunatics hell bent on rolling back progress. He gets in again and he will likely make the court 7-2. Then we see what they’ll do regarding all kinds of things. Not to mention Project 2025, and all of the out and proud white supremacists who will take key roles in government and how emboldened they’ll be in society. How Trump will weaponize the DOJ - no doubt staffed w a lunatic far worse than Barr - to go after marginalized groups. I have NO love for the modern Democratic Party. But anyone who can’t see the existential threat Trump and those behind him pose is truly lost. Biden is just a stop gap to fascism.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Some of us recognized this during Obama's 2nd term.

This country has a certain pattern. Anti black backlash always follows any little upswing, and this wasn't little: they positioned him as a political messiah, the balm America needed after the 'contentious' (ha!) Bush years. We ALL reacted strongly, because we were supposed to. Think back to those nighttime speeches with the spotlights, all the little stagecraft they used. (Similar to the iconic Ground Zero pics and that 'Mission Accomplished shyt they tried to do for Bush. :mjlol:)

I say all that to say, a certain vibe was set. Both Obama haters and lovers were getting dopamine hits everyday. As history informs us, big highs bring big lows. Disillusioned progressives, the more radical portion of Democratic voters, realized that the party would never move away from neo-liberalism, no matter how much power we gave them. They started peeling off. Occupy happened. ADOS made its first fledgling steps. starting with a viral YC vid when she was still on Boyce. Bernie Bros became a thing, again, former mainline Dems.

This all happened before election day 2016. What made conscientious black voters nervous enough to finally start reconsidering our relationship with the party was that, despite all his fancy education, Obama seemed totally unaware of the danger we were in. He enacted no protections, gave us no special favor. (I also think there's an argument to be made that his ascent knocked out a lot of old school black pols, replacing them with his people.) His own friends were harassed by some cracker police and Obama kissed his ass. He left us naked out here with these crackers and then skipped off to Martha's Vineyard. Trayvon, Tamir Rice, Mike Brown, Mitrice Richardson- say their names.

We started first, just settling on the proper language to describe the changing political landscape. Because it's a modern movement, it's internet based, and so whatever natural hiccups were magnified and disseminated thousand-fold. Then, the people we were advocating for, good black Dems, were informed that we were bots, by Joy Ann Reid, sole negro left standing at MSNBC. And silly nikkas started repeating it, leading to a good eight years of those same good black Dems fighting US instead of fighting the Democratic party. I pointed this out the other day. Any political discussion had in TLR is immediately thwarted by re-directing the rightful wrath of voters to the people who are trying to advocate for them. Slick.

TLdr: ... So here we are, de-fanged and just as naked as we were in 2008, political landscape completely feral. We been seen this coming, that's why we was pressing them so hard.

Meanwhile, watch all these good Dem nikkas in this thread act brand new, like they wasn't just telling us to shut up and vote. I hate fake nikkas. :mjlol:
Told my family to watch and see what happens after Obama because White people were going to retaliate after he left office.

They thought I was crazy.

Every once in a while one of my aunts will say “You know, I still remember the conversation we had that afternoon when you said this would happen”.
:wow:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Born siders because they lack understanding of civics and are such stubborn contrarians don’t get that it’s not just about voting for Biden. It’s an entire administration. It’s the Federal judges and especially the Supreme Court. Because of people’s lack of vision and apathy in 2016 Trump was able to get in and install 3 far right lunatics hell bent on rolling back progress. He gets in again and he will likely make the court 7-2. Then we see what they’ll do regarding all kinds of things. Not to mention Project 2025, and all of the out and proud white supremacists who will take key roles in government and how emboldened they’ll be in society. How Trump will weaponize the DOJ - no doubt staffed w a lunatic far worse than Barr - to go after marginalized groups. I have NO love for the modern Democratic Party. But anyone who can’t see the existential threat Trump and those behind him pose is truly lost. Biden is just a stop gap to fascism.

:mindblown: You don't get it. They let this happen. Some of us watched it in real time, here yall come, LATE.

Obama had SC pics and got punked, where tf was the party??? Are the Republicans the only ones with lawyers?? Why can't Dems fight anything, ever? What the fukk is they doing?? Why will no one answer this???

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

you acting as if biden is bringing us into a utopia...:mjlol:

OTHER groups do not vote unless their needs will be met... other groups do NOT care about the democratic party. they are not loyal to a party... voting is a transaction... if you do not do what I want we will not vote for you... after all the empty promises the dems have given us. what have we gotten for it... :stopitslime: you are talking from a place of fear... stop being so afraid and stop being loyal to a party that fukks you in the ass...

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
:mindblown: You don't get it. They let this happen. Some of us watched it in real time, here yall come, LATE.

Obama had SC pics and got punked, where tf was the party??? Are the Republicans the only ones with lawyers?? Why can't Dems fight anything, ever? What the fukk is they doing?? Why will no one answer this???
Moral high ground. Dems always have to be the party that plays by the rules and thinks of keeping the idea of the union together. Only reason I can think of. It's like appeasing a bully or something. If we don't fight back maybe we can keep the peace. It's a dumb strategy.