So basically Black people are a couple of court cases and a republican president away from being permanent second class citizens

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think its that a lot of people dont care. If you look at black tiktok or black twitter, they're jsut posting black wife effect or caitlyn clark discourse.
we are so woefully unprepared. When shyt gets real we'll be singing a different tune collectively. We saw glimpses of it during George Floyd. We were on code for a short period of time and we fell back asleep. The intense atmosphere that existed during Trump's last years in office will be a constant thing if he's elected again. He'll completely restructure the federal government in his favor, appoint far right judges, and put national guard/reserves on the street. Its going to be shocking and a lot of us aren't prepared for what's coming.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
we are so woefully unprepared. When shyt gets real we'll be singing a different tune collectively. We saw glimpses of it during George Floyd. We were on code for a short period of time and we fell back asleep. The intense atmosphere that existed during Trump's last years in office will be a constant thing if he's elected again. He'll completely restructure the federal government in his favor, appoint far right judges, and put national guard/reserves on the street. Its going to be shocking and a lot of us aren't prepared for what's coming.

The problem is that we tend to be a very "face value" set of people.

If someone smiles in our face, we believe them

If they are visibly angry, we believe them.

We never take in account for subterfuge so the seriousness of all of this will be lost until the effects are already in place.

Its a problematic mindset and counter intuitive to our survival

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
:francis:our ancestors deserved so much better descendants
Tbh, what went wrong was the 1970s. The 1970s basically reshaped black america in many ways.
1) COINTELPRO succeeded through the help of many black panthers (Elain Brown and William O'Neal) for example
2) Black people helped form the concept of intersectionality, which was then used as a framework to justify the lack of investment in black children
3) Black academics only got hired if they focused on certain topics. Did you know that George Jackson's books became banned in academia as well as prisons? Thats how much the 1970s was a "reshaping" of black america. We more or less got 'tamed'.
4) Black men lost access to working class and blue collar jobs during the 1970 to 1990 timeframe.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Too many of our people are ignorant, almost willfully. I see the people who listen to Charlemagne, Tariq etc and I wonder how they are able to function enough to be adults, pay bills, help not drown by looking up in a rainstorm . I mean lots of the no reparations no vote posters are agents but sadly lots of them are just really stupid black folks. My heart breaks for my people because they don’t know the hell that is coming our way:mjcry:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Your Canadian ass ain't going nowhere, shut the fukk up.

I’m a citizen of an African state. You too could become a citizen of an African country if you wanted to!
:blessed:

I suggested Liberia because it was designed to be an African American homeland in Africa (although to the detriment of the indigenous peoples living there)

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I’m a citizen of an African state. You too could become a citizen of an African country if you wanted to!
:blessed:

I suggested Liberia because it was designed to be an African American homeland in Africa (although to the detriment of the indigenous peoples living there)

I have nothing against Africans, or any African countries. But America is my home, and I'm not running from shyt. Can't a cracka, a c00n or high water stop me from seeking salvation. If I die I die on my fukking feet, not on my knees.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I have nothing against Africans, or any African countries. But America is my home, and I'm not running from shyt. Can't a cracka, a c00n or high water stop me from seeking salvation. If I die I die on my fukking feet, not on my knees.

Very admirable. Just remember that no matter what happens, you have brethren in Africa
:salute: