Snoop says fukk ROOTS, calls for boycott of show

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
That's not their job it's ours. We've already seen time and time again what happens when you leave your narrative in the hands of your oppressor. Not one cog, not one nut in this system is designed to uplift you. White supremacy is like trash talk it's made to get in your mind.

DJDONTNOBODYPAYME

- 8ball Investments™ CEO -
Daps
Reppin
Myself
Why do we always have to discuss Racism and Prejudice in full when talking about Black People and Positivity?

Why must we ignore all of the Good in favor in minute "negative" instances?

That's literally insanity

Rollo Goodlove

Palestine Titty
Daps
Reppin
California, America
Can't watch movies of Black people taking abuse but doesn't mind making music about Black people taking abuse at the hands of other Black people.

get Snoop the fukk outta here.

Quit thinking like the white boys nikka

Snoop has a voice and a platform

Citch ass nikka

AintNoCrampInYaMouthTho

Her: I'm On My Monthly :Wakaokay: Your Mouth Not
Daps
:yeshrug:So gather some black entertainers and make a flim you wanna see. I tired of folks expecting cacs to portray us as heroes, warriors, and or royalty. Shyt y'all ain't see them horrible ass Egyptian based movies

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If it's not a slavery film or a civil rights film (with sympathetic whites in major roles) it's not being made in Hollywood. They've made it clear those are the only stories they're gonna tell. Obviously that shyt sells and I understand supply/demand but my god...that's all?

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I just saw an interview with the producer of this version of Roots, who happens to be the son of the producer of the original one. He said one of the reasons he felt he needed to do is that his son said that the original didn't resonate with him. You're fukking white, of course it wouldn't resonate with you :martin:

that's reason enough to boycott

Daps
Don't appreciate him including Underground on his list; first off, that show is by "US" , and secondly, the show shows black achievement in REAL amerikkkan history, in spite of the dirt they were doing..... I also like the fact that they include a lot of previously un-discussed details that show just how raw and evil slavemasters were

They even show that a lot of those "white saviors" were just as knee-deep in profiting off our labor, as those they we all agree were wrong
It's a lot of unpopular truth on that show, so I support that

The other 2 projects I can see boycotting though

Look I get Underground is probably good, but was it necessary to have another slave show or movie?

How many are out this year alone. . It's like the only time we're creative is when we're talking about how we were once slaves.

The shyt is propaganda.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Look I get Underground is probably good, but was it necessary to have another slave show or movie?

How many are out this year alone. . It's like the only time we're creative is when we're talking about how we were once slaves.

The shyt is propaganda.

50 best holocaust films.

IMDb: The 50 Most Moving Holocaust Films - a list by pklose

Ya'll nikkas kill me. Jews ain't letting a motherfukker forget shyt. Gonna come a day when Ain't no more slave films made. And yall gonna be bytch talking about "why they can't tell our story"