Snoop says fukk ROOTS, calls for boycott of show

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You want the story out as much as possible, and that's a fact. But you also want it accurately portrayed.

Just last week I heard a young white boy ask his mom who isn't racist what happened in plantations, she answered..."umm I'm not sure really"

That kid was excited to go to a haunted plantation house...

So yeah you want the story out as much as possible, as often as possible. The problem now is just like rap music its kind of being a cash cow, meaning soon its going to be loosely based on true life events like up and coming free state of jones, which alot of white people are super excited to see.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
What nikka? It's been more than 50 movies is the point. Ya'll must be retarded. It's been more than a 100 movies made about Rome, World War , World War 2, Vietnam, The Holocaust, The Civil War, etc...
Breh...there are probably billions of movies about billions of subjects, I'm just saying only 1 holocaust movie was made a big deal since I've been alive...schindlers list...

We got roots 12 years this mr jones shyt and and that's just within the last three years...how bout amistad and django...it isn't the same breh

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
Can't watch movies of Black people taking abuse but doesn't mind making music about Black people taking abuse at the hands of other Black people.

get Snoop the fukk outta here.

You enjoy the music though

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Other than a couple of Albums, all of which are nearly from 20 Years ago. Albums and Songs that typically had a back story to them..... What exactly are you talking about? And why are you overlooking everything else that Snoop has done and still does?

Do you even know who Snoop Dogg is?

He is white. You know white folks only know Gin & Juice and Slim Shady songs.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
Breh...there are probably billions of movies about billions of subjects, I'm just saying only 1 holocaust movie was made a big deal since I've been alive...schindlers list...

We got roots 12 years this mr jones shyt and and that's just within the last three years...how bout amistad and django...it isn't the same breh
Movies directly about the holocaust: Jakob the liar, the pianist, boy in the striped shirt, defiance etc, Sophie's choice , life is beautiful, triumph of the Will and other academy recognized movies

Movies about ww2 against hatred of Jews: inglorious basterds, the one with tom cruise , band of brothers, American history x, the believer

Not to mention countless history channel documentaries and TV movies.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Movies directly about the holocaust: Jakob the liar, the pianist, boy in the striped shirt, defiance etc, Sophie's choice , life is beautiful, triumph of the Will and other academy recognized movies

Movies about ww2 against hatred of Jews: inglorious basterds, the one with tom cruise , band of brothers, American history x, the believer

Not to mention countless history channel documentaries and TV movies.
If I wanted to I could find as many slave movies if not more...but really the issue is holocaust jews making movies about holocaust jews is whatever...but whites and Jews constantly making slave movies....enough wit the shyt, cuz it ain't for us

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps

DJDONTNOBODYPAYME

- 8ball Investments™ CEO -
Daps
Reppin
Myself
This. If there gonna be slave movies it's gonna be by our narrative. And I still ain't watching that shyt cause it's too brutal to watch. Django was my last one.

It's bigger than just what comes out in AMC Theaters tho. That's what Snoop and literally everybody else is gettin at.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
You want the story out as much as possible, and that's a fact. But you also want it accurately portrayed.

Just last week I heard a young white boy ask his mom who isn't racist what happened in plantations, she answered..."umm I'm not sure really"

That kid was excited to go to a haunted plantation house...

So yeah you want the story out as much as possible, as often as possible. The problem now is just like rap music its kind of being a cash cow, meaning soon its going to be loosely based on true life events like up and coming free state of jones, which alot of white people are super excited to see.

:laugh: at the bolded

But when I was like 10 or so I visited the Black Wax Museum in Baltimore. I believe every person and child should be taken through that place.

From what I remember when you first walk in you can go through a Middle Passage slave ship or choose to walk around it, I think.

I chose to walk through it and the shyt absolutely terrified me. I made my way through it as quickly as I could.

It's a great museum and a learning experience.