Snoop says fukk ROOTS, calls for boycott of show

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
...we would.

The cacs behind Hollywood have been saying this (black films don't make money!) for decades to justify only putting out movies with white leads and mostly-white casts. The success of the Hidden Colors documentary series (every screening sold out and it's currently the number six overall DVD on Amazon, with 0 major studio backing) has proven that yes, there is indeed a thirst for positive black stories that don't involve white saviors.

Red Tails flopped four years ago and was poorly promoted regardless; using it to justify an alleged lack of a market for movies with positive portrayals of black people is a weak excuse given that we have seen the demand for our stories firsthand.

Just look at the response black audiences gave to Black Panther in Civil War; Twitter is full of young blacks who changed their name to T'challa simply because they got to see a black character kicking ass, not getting saved by white characters and not just throwing in one-liners from the background.

Just wondering because I know you've mentioned you're Dominican, do you consider yourself black?
I agree with your post but red tails sucked
A lot of the dialogue scenes were cringeworthy

Millan

Pro
Daps
i just remember teachers showin us roots during BHM. we only had maybe 5 white students in the entire school, but they were all hunted--the girls too.
same here. The rest of us were like :yeshrug:

Millan

Pro
Daps
His early music is more harmful to black people than Roots,
i see fake outrage
Half of this board probably weren't born yet when he burst onto the scene. All they know is a mellowed version of him.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:francis: hes right. ya'll wanna keep filling your minds with these "programs" though.

cacs love to see blacks in a dysfunctional state. thats why the color purple is randomly back on broadway...:francis:

i know white people that watched "the help" 3 and 4 times in the theater :mindblown:

it's 20 dollars a pop to go see a movie, and they spent 80 dollars to go see a movie about black maids

that's some heavy shyt :francis:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why is Snoop talking about "yall.."? Calvin why dont you do the shyt yourself. Stop waiting for people to do shyt for you, If it bothers you instead of having "Snooper Vision" on Youtube invest in production companies yourself.

Stop being worried about making guest appearances on bullshyt shows like the Mike Tyson Mystery Show.

I hate having to speak common sense to nikkas 20 years older than me

Did he do a cameo on mike tyson mysteries? I love that show