Snoop says fukk ROOTS, calls for boycott of show

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Black people are ashamed of slavery. Ive been saying this for the longest. Blacks try their hardest to disconnected from their past. Black people are to busy trying to play keep up with the jones with cacs. Their always worried about what cacs think and trying to impress cacs. All of black people need to let go of that thinking. That's why snoop is really mad because he really wants to just impress cacs.

Really?

Really Breh?

So is it a crime to feel overwhelmed by the slave narrative? According to you "Our past"... Really breh.. "Our past" is one cluster fukk of a generalization and Snoop's main point holds true fukk this shyt. It's funny coming from him but you can seperate the message from the messenger (people do it all the time)

Saying what he said has nothing to do with impressing white people lol... Running toward their euro narrative of docile black aquesisnce And submitting to it time and time again is adherence and submission.

Rethink what you posted smh

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
How are we missing the point when this isn't what snoop is arguing?

Snoop is ashamed of what happened to Black people here in America and doesn't want to see any depictions of it.

well look - you have 12 years a slave, Underground, ROOTS, and the Nat Turner movie (which i'm going to see)

all coming out within a 3 year time span?
that's not a LITTLE excessive on the slave movies?

1155.gif

cmon man, even you have to admit that....

my point however though, is ROOTS was ground breaking and revolutionary, it's our Schindler's list - why touch it at all?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
well look - you have 12 years a slave, Underground, ROOTS, and the Nat Turner movie (which i'm going to see)

all coming out within a 3 year time span?
that's not a LITTLE excessive on the slave movies?

1155.gif

cmon man, even you have to admit that....

my point however though, is ROOTS was ground breaking and revolutionary, it's our Schindler's list - why touch it at all?

The comparison you're drawing anchors on the fact that Schindler's List was never redone.

If you take issue with "Slave movies", protest with your wallet and don't watch the movies, including the Nat Turner movie but your decision to make an exception for the Nat Turner movie reveals what your real issue is and it's the same issue Snoop has, you're tired of seeing movies about Slavery where Black people are being brutalized so you're ready to see Nat Turner, a slave in a slave movie, kill some white people.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Really?

Really Breh?

So is it a crime to feel overwhelmed by the slave narrative? According to you "Our past"... Really breh.. "Our past" is one cluster fukk of a generalization and Snoop's main point holds true fukk this shyt. It's funny coming from him but you can seperate the message from the messenger (people do it all the time)

Saying what he said has nothing to do with impressing white people lol... Running toward their euro narrative of docile black aquesisnce And submitting to it time and time again is adherence and submission.

Rethink what you posted smh
I'm not ashamed I've have no problem with slavery films and I have studied and researched black life during that time. I appreciate what those people went through and proud that they were able to survive and move on. A lot of black people are ignorant on the facts of slavery and don't know even know their history their damn selves. You sit here on the coli and don't even know The names of your enslaved ancestors nor have you even tried to find information them. The problem is you look at them a Slaves and I look at them as people with a story that needs to be told. When you start actually reading and studying the actually history post/pre/ and during slavery. These movies and tv shows are tame in comparison.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
The comparison you're drawing anchors on the fact that Schindler's List was never redone.

If you take issue with "Slave movies", protest with your wallet and don't watch the movies, including the Nat Turner movie but your decision to make an exception for the Nat Turner movie reveals what your real issue is and it's the same issue Snoop has, you're tired of seeing movies about Slavery where Black people are being brutalized so you're ready to see Nat Turner, a slave in a slave movie, kill some white people.

Nothing Wong with being tired of slave movies but the answer can't be wanting the same directors and agenda driven producers to make more slave revolt films.. Is it fair to question hell yeah

Protest? Lol why?

These movies are being made by the Elliete for the Elliete

Go watch hidden colors
Support Tariq

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN

I came up in a pan aficanist environment with a family chocked full of educators and intellectuals

I would always hear them sit around and say "they'll never make a movie about nat turner!"

so as an adult I repeated what I'd heard my whole life (because it's true)...until now. so naturally, I want to see it.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
I'm not ashamed I've have no problem with slavery films and I have studied and researched black life during that time. I appreciate what those people went through and proud that they were able to survive and move on. A lot of black people are ignorant on the facts of slavery and don't know even know their history their damn selves. You sit here on the coli and don't even know The names of your enslaved ancestors nor have you even tried to find information them. The problem is you look at them a Slaves and I look at them as people with a story that needs to be told. When you start actually reading and studying the actually history post/pre/ and during slavery. These movies and tv shows are tame in comparison.

Right.. You have no problem with them but you can't be upset at others for expressing the opposing view point. The reality is... There has been a surplus in slave narratives at the box office and historical context is half our story.

Are you a European? Why have you differentiated our ancestors by making them mine? I sit here on the Coli and can relate to both sides of the discussion with details to support my claim. It's fair for people to question why there's been an abundance of slave films and if they choose to spend their money on them (or not, that's on them)

What are you talking about I look at them as slaves and not people?

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
If you uncomfortable with the reality that black people were slaves, you need reexamine why you feel that way. I don't understand why black people should be ashamed of seeing Slave moves. i actually find it disrespectful to the people who when through that. You can't even give them the common decency to let these voices and stories be heard. Cacs have tried so hard to distort these stories and now black people are to afraid watch them. It's cowardly and disrespectful. It comes from a place of wanting white approval. I see through the bullshyt.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Right.. You have no problem with them but you can't be upset at others for expressing the opposing view point. The reality is... There has been a surplus in slave narratives at the box office and historical context is half our story.

Are you a European? Why have you differentiated our ancestors by making them mine? I sit here on the Coli and can relate to both sides of the discussion with details to support my claim. It's fair for people to question why there's been an abundance of slave films and if they choose to spend their money on them (or not, that's on them)

What are you talking about I look at them as slaves and not people?
I'm African American. I have studied this and the only people who I've come across with your same belief are new blacks who have no understanding of black history. If you actually studied black history then you would know these movies don't even touch the tip of the iceberg and don't tell enough. What these blacks did during that time period and how they were subjected to abuse on all levels. I can not comprehend the levels of unfairness that these people have endured none of these movies do them any justice. Like I said before,these movies are tame compared to real history. If you looked at slaves as people and humans then you would want to know more about their stories. The slaves were not dumb or robots like history likes to protest. The black perspective during that time period is already a distorted one academically. If it wasn't for this Slave movies a lot of people wouldnt even know that blacks were enslaved. You know it's true.