Snoop says fukk ROOTS, calls for boycott of show

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
cause we want to see other shyt :dahell:

if you read books or even know a little about black history, you would want to see more than just slavery type movies, everyone is tired of seeing that, more variety.
I know I know more than you on African American history. If you knew African American history you would know that its distorted. I have read books and primary sources from African American history. These movies are tame in comparison.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
These movies are made to show us as weak plain & simple, and why do we keep acting like all the old films have been destroyed? Every Jewish person knows of Schindler's list so they don't need to keep making holocaust films, and if they do there's a huge gap between each film. There's a reason they don't show Roots, Rosewood, Mississippi Burning, & etc, they know we just watch them and then forget about them.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
If you uncomfortable with the reality that black people were slaves, you need reexamine why you feel that way. I don't understand why black people should be ashamed of seeing Slave moves. i actually find it disrespectful to the people who when through that. You can't even give them the common decency to let these voices and stories be heard. Cacs have tried so hard to distort these stories and now black people are to afraid watch them. It's cowardly and disrespectful. It comes from a place of wanting white approval. I see through the bullshyt.
naw nobodies ashamed, its really the lack of DIVERSITY when it comes to the black image. The main images of ourselves that we mainly see is the ignorant rapper, the athlete and the inferior, docile, conquered slave. We're tired of that shyt. We can educate OURSELVES and our children in the home. Constantly seeing ourselves shackled in chains on the big screen isnt good for our overall self-esteem. If we had other representations like our own black versions of Superman, James Bond, Batman, etc to raise our self-esteem then fine. But we're tired of seeing ourselves in the fetal position begging for our freedom/equal treatment. Again, nobody is saying forget the past, we're simply saying why isnt our other stories being told.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you uncomfortable with the reality that black people were slaves, you need reexamine why you feel that way. I don't understand why black people should be ashamed of seeing Slave moves. i actually find it disrespectful to the people who when through that. You can't even give them the common decency to let these voices and stories be heard. Cacs have tried so hard to distort these stories and now black people are to afraid watch them. It's cowardly and disrespectful. It comes from a place of wanting white approval. I see through the bullshyt.
Nah you got it all wrong.

The story has been told over and over again. The story is still being told in real life today. As a black person in America you don't have to see a movie to understand what the fukk is going on. So why would you subject yourself to watching more black suffering on TV? As a black man in America what can I get out of watching roots other than more anger?

It's crazy that you spinned black people not wanting to support white films getting rich off black suffering to begging for apporval. fukk kinda logic is that:mindblown:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
naw nobodies ashamed, its really the lack of DIVERSITY when it comes to the black image. The main images of ourselves that we mainly see is the ignorant rapper, the athlete and the inferior, docile, conquered slave. We're tired of that shyt. We can educate OURSELVES and our children in the home. Constantly seeing ourselves shackled in chains on the big screen isnt good for our overall self-esteem. If we had other representations like our own black versions of Superman, James Bond, Batman, etc to raise our self-esteem then fine. But we're tired of seeing ourselves in the fetal position begging for our freedom/equal treatment. Again, nobody is saying forget the past, we're simply saying why isnt our other stories being told.

the immediate solution for people who don't want to see these films is to not watch them, protest with your wallet and views.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
snoop is in no position to tell black folk what not to support. he supports white supremacy with his art.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
If you don't know your history you are bound to repeat it. For most young kids I know, slavery is just something that happened a long time ago. Let's not act like our history is being taught in school or most homes. It's not. I have no problem with the next generation getting a better picture of what happend vs. reading slavery was indentured workers in textbooks. So they can know what people went through and how strong they had to be.

It's not showing weakness, if anything it's strength. It's part of our history. Snoop is not one to talk at all.

get-over-slavery-meme.jpg

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
The problem is that these stories are directed, produced, written, or distribute by white that will spine with the one "white savior" bullshyt.

To force the idea that "See, all white people ain't bad" or "Not all slaves were treated bad by white master"

Chris Rock said it best, if white people leave a slave movie or a civil rights movie feeling good about themselves, you failed your job.

If these slave movies were produced and finessed by black people without no white above involvement, than you will have a point

As of right now cacs have agenda's producing these types of movies.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
That's what snoop said he was doing. So what's the damn problem :stopitslime:

Snoop's the one with the problem, calling for the boycotting of shows that depict actual history due to it's brutal nature meanwhile enjoying the benefits of a long career filled with glamorizing a dysfunctional lifestyle that's inherently anti Black.

Snoop won't call for boycotts of songs and videos of Black people killing each other but it really bothers him that our actual history is shown on television.

:francis:

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is it rude to eat popcorn during a movie about slavery, I imagine it like someone eating a cheeseburger during a funeral while unaware that people are staring at you