Small black city is "taken over" as soon as they get a large lucrative corporate investment..

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

Can that comptroller be thrown outta office?!?:jbhmm: that's a good question

I reached out to Mumpower boss, DOJ, the Governor and many contact's.

But, it's really in Fords hand to help Mason -- and I don't have too much faith in that.

Ford and Carver had a pretty good relationship and respect for eachother-- so you would hope that they would think about Alabama's Black population and towns. As they are in dire need

But, in the end WS usually wins.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Not agreeing with Tariq all the time (he'll 99.9% of the time) BUT.... revoking an historical Black American town comprised of mostly descendents of the enslaved of the surrounding area IS a big deal.

Don't know if you ever been to Alabama -- meaning the many small towns that are filled with ADOS who have no opportunities, less than equal education/schools and no grocery stores, gas stations-- and are consistently being fukked over by Whites like Jason Mumpower -- but this fukked up and WS.

Yes, Mason can fight for their charter, but Mumpower can revoke Masons charter - which I think he has.

MEANING, those Black residents will not have a say so how those funds will be spent --and we already see based off the past that the white folks mishandled Masons funds and siphon them to majority white counties.

And Opa Locka is an mutli- ethnic Black community and has a high amount of Hispanics (white). Doesn't even compare.

False.

"Mumpower has offered an ultimatum: either city officials decide to rescind its charter, bringing Mason under the authority of the Tipton County government – or the Comptroller’s office will take full financial control, overseeing the town’s budget with the authority to approve any expenditure of $100 or more. "

The town will exist, they just won't control the finances for a while just like Opa Locka.

Let's not pretend that they're doing well financially. Even with the new town administration they're mismanaging the funds and not reporting their accounting like their obligated to.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
"Mason is 60% Black and includes descendants of men, women and children enslaved in the area before Emancipation. For more than a century the town was led by White elected officials."

am i misreading? if there are 60% black people and 40% white people...how can the mayors be white for 100 years? there are more black people? and they could have voted for at least half a century?

am i off here?
Voters laws in Tennessee are strict if i’m not mistaken. Thats by design.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, everybody on my twitter is talking about this.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, everybody on my twitter is talking about this.
That's great.. hate when cacs fukk black towns and neighborhoods over then act like they did it for our own good. Nah muthafukka y'all wanted the bigger piece of the pie when we was gonna get it then y'all had to bring lawyers and loopholes anything to keep the negroes from eating just ask the turkey leg hut or the la Rams black neighborhood they displaced when they built that fukking stadium. shyt has been happening for ages it needs to stop...:camby:

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
That's great.. hate when cacs fukk black towns and neighborhoods over then act like they did it for our own good. Nah muthafukka y'all wanted the bigger piece of the pie when we was gonna get it then y'all had to bring lawyers and loopholes anything to keep the negroes from eating just ask the turkey leg hut or the la Rams black neighborhood they displaced when they built that fukking stadium. shyt has been happening for ages it needs to stop...:camby:
Yep, all of this is new to me. I've been taking care of my personal life, so I haven't been online in general. But damn this sucks, I feel for our people over there in Tennesse. It's a whole bunch of twitter spaces going on right now talking about this, I even heard a brehette say she got on the phone with the mayor and was brought to tears over this.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps

But, it's really in Fords hand to help Mason -- and I don't have too much faith in that.

Ford and Carver had a pretty good relationship and respect for eachother-- so you would hope that they would think about Alabama's Black population and towns. As they are in dire need

A black dude named William Kennard is on the Ford Board maybe we can reach out to him.

Even though he probably can't and won't do anything.

Last edited:

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
Summary:
- White elected officials ran this town for 100 years and exploited the black population
- All the white officials resigned in 2016 over corruption
- Black elected officials took over
- The town won a new Ford contract and now the white folks want back in

Moral of the story:voting matters cacs are greedy pathetic parasites

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Let's not pretend that they're doing well financially. Even with the new town administration they're mismanaging the funds and not reporting their accounting like their obligated to.

They are $500k in debt and still trying to untangle the fraud and book cooking of 20 years prior. And where's the evidence that they are STILL mismanaging funds and not reporting their accounting?

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
:gucci:

It's stated in the article.

They're even misappropriating funds to try to balance their budget

The fact is, the tax money from real estate and businesses coming because of this Ford plant would clear all of that up in 1 year. These white folks want to take control of the money and the land that's valuable now. When it was just a small country black town with nothing near it, they didn't want it....

Breh I live in an area where Mazda and Toyota just built a plant together and it changed that whole area in a short time. Businesses, apartments, houses, and all types of stuff is being built around that area. Even Amazon has built 2 big warehouses in that area. The same thing will happen near this Ford plant. There's a lot of tax money about to come to that area and now the county and the state of Tennessee want to bump Mason from getting control of any of it. When they could just make a deal with Mason and split the money with them. Something that will benefit everybody. This is how these white folks act.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps

White supremacy always wins until it gets completely destroyed

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven

Explain the bold, I aint hear of this