FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
He bankrupt UW!
No he didn't. They bankrupt themselves. That's their fault. why are you mad at Lux for what he asked for? If they didn't have the money to pay him, then they shouldn't have paid him.
Lux has to look out for himself and his family. UW has to look out for themselves. If they didn't have the means to pay Lux then don't pay him. You can't pay someone something and then get mad at them for what they asked for. If you didn't want to pay it then don't do it.

That's like me asking someone for 20 dollars and they only have 15, but ask someone else for 5 to give me the 20 then get mad at me for asking them. If you didn't have it then just tell me no. Don't give me the money then get mad at me. How does that make sense? lol

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
I actually think if Clips came out sharp and focused on rebuttals/freestyling a little (and not just because he bullshytted/choked) it could work in his favor. If he maybe warms up with DNA or some shyt, and comes out focused on dropping a few mean rebuttals and lines about Lux's antic or whatever, it could amp the crowd and make Lux look a little bad when he jumps straight into his writtens for 2 or 3 rounds straight. Freestyling helped Hollow until that Tylenol 3 line.

He could actually make an angle out of it at the end of a round. Say "you been sittin on shyt for a year, this is off the top, that's why I'm better"..relate it to the game evolving past Lux...get the crowd on his side and dare Lux to say something back...if effective that could give him a round.

Clips is at a disadvantage so I feel like he has to use his one advantage to the highest degree. Choosing not to freestyle would be a bad choice, he's got to bring a complete performance like Hollow did.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clips might surprise us brehs..Lux is doing A LOT of talking and Clips has been kinda playing the background not responding.

The WORST thing Clips can do is try to freestyle in this battle. I don't mean a rebuttal or 2, i mean he stumbles and tries to freestyle until he remembers his writtens.

I think Clips has the potential to win this pretty convincingly & I prefer Lux's style of rapping.

However, in battle rap, when you have a guy that has been consistently mediocre/poor/lazy, they don't change in one battle. It usually takes them a few battles to turn it around. I believe Lux is the safe pick for this battle.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No he didn't. They bankrupt themselves. That's their fault. why are you mad at Lux for what he asked for? If they didn't have the money to pay him, then they shouldn't have paid him.
Lux has to look out for himself and his family. UW has to look out for themselves. If they didn't have the means to pay Lux then don't pay him. You can't pay someone something and then get mad at them for what they asked for. If you didn't want to pay it then don't do it.

That's like me asking someone for 20 dollars and they only have 15, but ask someone else for 5 to give me the 20 then get mad at me for asking them. If you didn't have it then just tell me no. Don't give me the money then get mad at me. How does that make sense? lol

It's a free market, I get that. UW took a calculated business risk and lost on it. Understood.

But that doesn't mean Lux isn't greedy.

Hollow would have taken the battle for a lot less, we all know that. But with Lux's unrealistic asking price it was only fair if Hollow got paid the same amount or close.

UW attempted to book the biggest battle of all time and succeed, only to totally go belly up as a result. They just couldn't recoup after Lux got his money.

Now if Lux was more willing to play ball and not squeezing the leagues for every penny that he can, we would have a lot more growth in the culture of battle rap. The likes of a UW would be emerging to be serious competitors with URL. Better cards, better venues, bette production values, and the fans win.

Instead Lux would rather get a really big check every so often as a one off and then go sell mixtapes until the next money grab opportunity comes along. Not saying he doesn't have the right to do it. But it's greed, just call it what it is