Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Wavy has no bars. It's unbelievable. I can't tell you how ridiculous it looks when you have someone out there performing their ass off & not saying anything hot.

He has the voice, delivery, & performance. No bars though.

If he has something he can beat Todd, because he's better in those other areas.

Thats why i said he "might" cook. Wavy litteraly has everything BESIDES bars. Lmfao.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
T-top hasn't won a single battle since UFF.

Wavy might cook. But it's against JJDD. So what.

One loss against shine and yall forget who Verb is :martin:

Like shine wouldn't of beat 80% of battle rap that night.
it ain't just K Shine bruh...Verb has been on the decline for a while now through out multiple leagues.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
It's a free market, I get that. UW took a calculated business risk and lost on it. Understood.

But that doesn't mean Lux isn't greedy.

Hollow would have taken the battle for a lot less, we all know that. But with Lux's unrealistic asking price it was only fair if Hollow got paid the same amount or close.

UW attempted to book the biggest battle of all time and succeed, only to totally go belly up as a result. They just couldn't recoup after Lux got his money.

Now if Lux was more willing to play ball and not squeezing the leagues for every penny that he can, we would have a lot more growth in the culture of battle rap. The likes of a UW would be emerging to be serious competitors with URL. Better cards, better venues, better production values, and the fans win.

Instead Lux would rather get a really big check every so often as a one off and then go sell mixtapes until the next money grab opportunity comes along. Not saying he doesn't have the right to do it. But it's greed, just call it what it is

How much of that responsibility goes to the league itself??

You cant really call it greed as much as it is strategy...

Unless Lux was getting a percentage in the company, he owes them nothing

Lux had Jay-z tweeting his phrase...He would be a fool not to get every penny he could

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
UW was dumb to give lux THAT much leverage on his payment. Why would you agree to pay someone their percentage before you recouped?

Blaze007

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's my Question, if the battles they won't air on the PPV are on. the hell are us PPV viewers gonna be looking at?

Promos and shyt for 40 minutes? I wanna see some behind the scenes shyt in the meantime

Blaze007

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
UW was dumb to give lux THAT much leverage on his payment. Why would you agree to pay someone their percentage before you recouped?

Pretty much. Like I said before, I don't blame Lux at all go ahead and get your Money fam. If UW couldn't get it back then thats on them. they shouldn't have agreed to play ball.

Plus I don't think its JUST the Lux shyt that killed UW, it has to be some other shyt. Arsonal doesn't seem to have any hard feeling towards Lux about it.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How much of that responsibility goes to the league itself??

You cant really call it greed as much as it is strategy...

Unless Lux was getting a percentage in the company, he owes them nothing

Lux had Jay-z tweeting his phrase...He would be a fool not to get every penny he could

I hear what you are saying. I should clarify that my point was with the overall growth potential of battle rap, Lux stands to get a lot more consistent money in the long term.

As the leagues flourish, views go up, new fans come in, the demand grows, the money grows. I look at battle rap in general right now as sort of an "upstart company" with a ton of money making potential.

Imagine a weekly battle rap show on HBO that catches fire. Supposedly smack had a deal with HBO on the table at one point. A guy that is in at the ground level like a Loaded Lux would stand to profit the most the more battle rap becomes mainstream.

But again, hes shortsighted and would rather watch a league collapse with his one big guaranteed paycheck and sell a few joints on itunes. If I'm in Lux position right now I work with the leagues rather than against them... But he doesn't and we all lose

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hear what you are saying. I should clarify that my point was with the overall growth potential of battle rap, Lux stands to get a lot more consistent money in the long term.

As the leagues flourish, views go up, new fans come in, the demand grows, the money grows. I look at battle rap in general right now as sort of an "upstart company" with a ton of money making potential.

Imagine a weekly battle rap show on HBO that catches fire. Supposedly smack had a deal with HBO on the table at one point. A guy that is in at the ground level like a Loaded Lux would stand to profit the most the more battle rap becomes mainstream.

But again, hes shortsighted and would rather watch a league collapse with his one big guaranteed paycheck and sell a few joints on itunes. If I'm in Lux position right now I work with the leagues rather than against them... But he doesn't and we all lose
Does battle rap REALLY need to go main stream? Sure it'll have more fans and more money. But we've seen the result of incorporating main stream money into battle rap. [Ether and Total Slaughter] and those were 2 of the worst events ever.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION

I think it was a point where corporate interest in battle rap was high..

I wont sit here and act like i really know the status now, but it seems from my viewpoint these leagues dont want corporations involved but so much..Which i understand..but they might have to give a lil piece of the pie up to truly expand properly..