FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
It's a free market, I get that. UW took a calculated business risk and lost on it. Understood.

But that doesn't mean Lux isn't greedy.

Hollow would have taken the battle for a lot less, we all know that. But with Lux's unrealistic asking price it was only fair if Hollow got paid the same amount or close.

UW attempted to book the biggest battle of all time and succeed, only to totally go belly up as a result. They just couldn't recoup after Lux got his money.

Now if Lux was more willing to play ball and not squeezing the leagues for every penny that he can, we would have a lot more growth in the culture of battle rap. The likes of a UW would be emerging to be serious competitors with URL. Better cards, better venues, bette production values, and the fans win.

Instead Lux would rather get a really big check every so often as a one off and then go sell mixtapes until the next money grab opportunity comes along. Not saying he doesn't have the right to do it. But it's greed, just call it what it is

We don't know if Hollow would've taken the battle for a lot less. That's easy for him to say that after the fact. Hollow is one of the highest paid battle rappers. He's not asking for chump change either. I've never heard of Hollow taking a pay cut for a battle.

Lux might be greedy but I don't think the UW is a good example. Like I said, if they didn't have the means to pay him, then don't pay him. It's not his fault they went out of their way to try to pay for something they couldn't afford. That's like going to buy a Benz, pay for it, then get mad at Mercedes for their price. Saying "Man, if y'all were cheaper, I'd be able to pay my mortgage and save money for a vacation that my wife needs. Now y'all hurt my pockets making the price so high". The price is the price. Either pay it and shut up or don't pay it and move on. You can't pay it and then complain about what you paid for it. lol

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Naw, nicca. Get Aye Perm's washed ass the fukk outta here :ufdup:

Wavy and T-Top about to :cook:

T-top hasn't won a single battle since UFF.

Wavy might cook. But it's against JJDD. So what.

One loss against shine and yall forget who Verb is :martin:

Like shine wouldn't of beat 80% of battle rap that night.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
T-top hasn't won a single battle since UFF.

Wavy might cook. But it's against JJDD. So what.

One loss against shine and yall forget who Verb is :martin:

Like shine wouldn't of beat 80% of battle rap that night.

Wavy has no bars. It's unbelievable. I can't tell you how ridiculous it looks when you have someone out there performing their ass off & not saying anything hot.

He has the voice, delivery, & performance. No bars though.

If he has something he can beat Todd, because he's better in those other areas.