Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
Of course I watched it suckka, shyt was average, fresco in the comments being super gassed, was aight.. Not more entertaining than the DNA shine Holla verb by any means... Bars and performance go hand in hand.. One without the other creates a void.. My point was I don't want tbz guests and folk polluted with ur bias
Yo I'm sick of these fairweather ass fans in every big event thread posting dumb shyt. nikka the DNA/shine v shine/verb shyt was trash, period. nikkas was only hype because of the names.. No good bars were spit that battle. Verb and Hitman sounded like they wrote that bullsh*t a day before the event. nikka I'm not a fairweather battlerap fan like you. I watch battles from any and everybody.. I'm not impressed by some corny ass top tier performance fest battle. You want to see some real bars in the 2v2? Go watch big/young kannon vs the 2 white boys.. But I bet you didn't watch because you're one of those dikk riding fakkits who only follows names in battlerap. :scust:

I already explained how I felt about Lux and his miracle lyrical style. nikka I said Lux's first was sounding crazy as the battle was happening too.. Go check the thread, fakkit. That doesn't change the fact that I think Lux is wild overrated.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Of course I watched it suckka, shyt was average, fresco in the comments being super gassed, was aight.. Not more entertaining than the DNA shine Holla verb by any means... Bars and performance go hand in hand.. One without the other creates a void.. My point was I don't want tbz guests and folk polluted with ur bias

nikka you are the guest here, the fuk are you talking about? I'm not trying to be on that elitist shyt, but tbz only deals with dumb nikkas like you in these big event/big name battle threads.

Lmao @ bias, nikka Bias these nuts. I call a spade a spade.

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
Say what you want about Lux but he had this Battle Won when he stopped Clips from rapping First..
Because if Lux would have went last,that paperwork shyt would havehit hard but not as effective.
He knew Clips would try to Rebuttal it and get rattled.

It's Chess not Checkers.. He manipulated Clips right into a Trap... and it worked..

Clips still dope but he got out rapped and outsmarted..

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

Verb hasn't won a battle in a good year. He really needs to stop begging Lux for a battle. He looks desperate. Plus he's acting like every round was about Clips dad. It was only the third. He's trying too hard

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Cal(as usual) wasn't saying shyt vs Tay Rock. nikkas stay getting fooled by Cal's "real rap" bars.

The bust birds line could've been delivered 10x better. :snoop:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alright y'all know I fukk with Clips but he did a few things in the batte last night that hurt him a lot

One of them was trying to revive the shang tsung scheme. Like breh, that sh1t was a haymaker at NOME, leave it alone. When a battler takes a scheme they already did and reboots it, it almost never sounds hot. Clips thought the crowd would be fukkin with that but they weren't. It wasn't dope.

Another thing, he's up there talking about Aye Verb, and talking about Lux's man. Breh rap about your opponent. Name dropping Verb, who has nothing to do with anything comes off like "that guy" at a business meeting who has to randomly throw in that they hang out with such and such or talk to this person. Rap about Lux breh, not Verb wanting to go after Lux

Also, the grinning and the remarks during lux rounds just isn't cool and makes clips look nervous. Clips gotta be up there in his bag and focused. Not trying to be cute with the crowd and looking affected.

Last, his rebuttal attempt in the third sucked and he did fall into lux trap. It sucked. Like another dude said, live by the rebuttal die by the rebuttal. Well clips died by the rebuttal. And he kept tryng to land a rebuttal with the crowd, clips spent like over a minute on it, rephrasing sh1t that worked in the rex battle. But it didn't work last night.

Sucks cuz I wanted Clips to win in the worst way. I'll say Lux really wasn't that dope to me last night. Yea he can rhyme his ass off but he's not the total package in battle rap. Not even close. He shouldn't be the $40,000 man. His sh1t doesn't hit on the big stage any more. He's the perfect Lionz Den and/or medium sized room type battle rapper. At irving plaza he gets swallowed up by the atmosphere. there's not enough bass in his voice and his lyrics (whether or not they're dope) are too convoluted to connect with a crowd of tired stoned hungry URL fans.

Clips is certainly not on Lux level lyrically. But he really plays to the crowd, projects his voice and sounds dope rapping. Said it before, Clips has an Ice Cube type swag. He just sounds hard when he's spitting aggressively. Dude could rap the phonebook and sound hot. It works. That's what the crowd wants and why Clips is a fan favorite. He just fell apart last night though. Shame because he was completely in his bag for the first round. But Lux kept jabbing enough to throw him off.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I will say tho, Lux looked very mortal last night. He didn't look unbeatable at all, but that wasn't Lux at his best. I think this was the third best Lux we've seen his return. He was better against Calicoe and Hollow. He was better than he was against Mook but actually not by much. Only main difference was he added some different elements he lacked. He brought more humor and got a little bit more direct. Before he was just too lyrical for a big stage, he dumbed it down but not too much. He had a nice balance. But he was definitely someone that could be beat.

The funny thing is people make a big deal about him going on the road, but I feel like the crowd out of state will fukk with Lux way more. Simply because they always try to be extra patient with out-of-towners in a lot of these cities because they don't want the bias stigma.