ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Can we agree that Myers has legit haymakers? That's why I fuk with dudes like Myers and JC, they're lyrical with legit room shaking bars. Lux is on that super lyrical shyt but his punches are light. He's overrated. Another dude spitting Lux's bars wouldn't make it to the main stage. Also, I think Lux's style is slightly dated IMO.
I can't lie. This post made me want to see Lux vs Chilla more only cuz I can only expect him to switch his style up a bit just for this. What history does he have with Chilla? None. Is there much to really bring up about his past? I'm thinking probably not. I don't want to say it would force him to be generic, but it would in the sense that he wouldn't be rapping with clear angles for the most part and I would think it would make it strictly about straight wordplay and punches.

It's like his greatest strength is his weakness cuz he clearly is about attacking dudes with angles. He always raps with a broad angle in mind while hardly ever being threatening in the typical battle rap fashion. He never steps out of who he is now. There is no gun bars for him to bring. Can't think of shyt about him going at somebody for a while I can't recall many bars about what he would hypothetically do to somebody. I feel like he showed moments in this battle that fit more with today's battle rap though in terms of style.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
2-1 clips y'all nikkas bugging point blank period. Everyone in the building yelling 3-0.... Realistically 2-1 either way, but i got clips. Lux and his old heads was being corny as fukk.

that battle wasnt even worth rating.. too much non-sense with the time, too many clowns on stage talking.. Smack not taking control of the crowd, random ass bars and schemes from both sides... and that fukkin "Don Demarco" shyt is played out :camby:

Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Queenz
Lux 2-1.. Few things tho..

1. Lux needs to have in his contract thirds unlimited.

2. Lux next battles need to b away from NYC n Jersey.

3. Y didnt Lux let Clips go first?? would have been better for Lux if Lux went last so that makes no sense to me..

4. Must be that I expect so much from Lux but the battle was a let down..

5. Only thing I was impressed wit Finally is that Lux showed he could freestyle off da top for a bar in da 2nd round lol. Dat wavy bar was toughhhhh

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
we gon talk about how clips mannerisms and fukkshyt resembled how he acted when he faced magic (a battle he had a feeling he would lose)

against real comp I feel like alot of these nikkas arr to just chill and spit their rounds, always gotta add in some extra bullshyt to make it harder to judge bar for bar

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I feel like Clips need to take a genuine break because his raps sound so formulaic. Nothing he said hit hard with me since I could see the punches coming.

Even though this wasn't Lux's best battle, it was definitely his most well-rounded. He was more direct, showed more wit, had presence and freestyled. Honestly, I've got it as a 3-0 to Lux. Clips rapped for the crowd (as usual) but Lux's rounds last better on cam.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need that Katt Williams WTF smiley right now. Lux had wild dry spots in his first.

Dry spots??....Lux was solid every round. You lookin for crowd reaction to validate who you consider got the win or somethin?

Its two sets of dry spots. 1st where you sayin straight bullshyt, and 2nd having the better material and the crowd just not fukkin with it...in this case Lux is the latter

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dry spots??....Lux was solid every round. You lookin for crowd reaction to validate who you consider got the win or somethin?

Its two sets of dry spots. 1st where you sayin straight bullshyt, and 2nd having the better material and the crowd just not fukkin with it...in this case Lux is the latter
Lux was mush mouth mumbling most of his first. If you are going to pretend like that shyt was hot, more power to you.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't lie. This post made me want to see Lux vs Chilla more only cuz I can only expect him to switch his style up a bit just for this. What history does he have with Chilla? None. Is there much to really bring up about his past? I'm thinking probably not. I don't want to say it would force him to be generic, but it would in the sense that he wouldn't be rapping with clear angles for the most part and I would think it would make it strictly about straight wordplay and punches.

It's like his greatest strength is his weakness cuz he clearly is about attacking dudes with angles. He always raps with a broad angle in mind while hardly ever being threatening in the typical battle rap fashion. He never steps out of who he is now. There is no gun bars for him to bring. Can't think of shyt about him going at somebody for a while I can't recall many bars about what he would hypothetically do to somebody. I feel like he showed moments in this battle that fit more with today's battle rap though in terms of style.

I would like to see it but Lux still on anotha level with his wordplay and punches...Chilla today can make a round debatable cause he caught the hint to pick up his pace a minute ago

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Lux bars were so much better than Clips. Clips was better here than he was against Hollow but he lost 2-1. Clips bars are really regular

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Noticing a pattern, all of you saying Clips using Hollow/Mook angles was to be expected but at the same time it was predictable therefore he loses points for that. But this same point isnt being used for Lux talking about Clips pops.

As far as Clips showing his reactions, he's doing what a lot of us do in here and have made mention numerous times. How Lux gets A LOT of leeway for shyt damn near every battle rapper gets booed for. The bars and complaints, the fat chick bum rushing him and yelling. I will say Clips should remain a bit more poised, most battle rappers give a :beli: for a bar they dont like. But he shouldnt have to say it to the crowd.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, getting at Clips dad is a predictable cookie cutter angle at this point

And really I'm not sure it's fair... Clips never defended his pops or boasted about his dad street cred like Calicoe did

Battle Charlie, not his pops

But with that said I understand how calling someones family member a snitch is ammo. It just is what it is

Clips got way too salty and took it too personal. Tried to rebuttal it and came off very flustered. He shoulda came with a ONE bar set up rebuttal and then started his third

But maybe he didn't have a third? I dunno. It was that bad

I'm dissapointed in Clips tbh. Lux wasn't untouchable last night. Charlie came out swinging and shoulda took it

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
if clips never said that " I'll give you half of dat if you can provide paperwork" it wouldn't of happened

that was the whole basis of lux usin that angle. how u gon say u aint defendin him and dont care about his situation but use that line to defend him? clips dumbass set himself up for that by contradictin himself