Slave was forced to have sex with other slaves

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
There were slave breeding farms all across the south. Which is a tragedy for black people doing genealogical research because many will never be able to trace an ancestor who was a product of a breeding farm beyond that. The closest thing they will get is DNA evidence linking them to other descendants. But there were innumerable unnamed male slaves sent all across the south for the purposes of impregnating slave women they had no connection with before or after. The women had to either raise the child alone or another male had to step in and raise the child as their father. Slavery absolutely destroyed many black lineages.
I used to post Rethinking Rufus: Sexual Violations of Enslaved Men here quite a bit. It briefly goes into the effect slave breeding had on black male relationships with the family dynamic. The family structure, and lineage were destroyed at the same time.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
one of the most infamous example

Thomas Jefferson (former president) and Sally Heming

Inherited her when she was 14 from his father in law, who was Sally’s father, and was a slave master.

51UnIrQwk8L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

:snoop:

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
This shyt is sick. I can't watch shyt like that anymore man. I was already aware of these slave practices. It's good to know our history, so we can appreciate the sacrifices, but the older I get the more I just can't stomach reading about slavery and how we suffered.
It’s not even about the sacrifices, it’s about remembering and making sure that gut wrenching feeling you feel in your stomach never goes away, because this shyt still permeates Modern Society and Black Americans haven’t gotten a ZIP of reconstruction and reparations that they are owed

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
already stated itt, they used to reward “Bucks” for how many slave women they could get pregnant.
They mention it in roots the next generation
this generation needs another Roots. I’d like to personally ask the children/adolescence who watched it’s premiere in the late 70s on how impactful it was to their lives and understanding of history