Since when was Relapse considered a good album?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
If Em had any real artistic credibility backbone and independence and wasn't such a corporate record label lackey. Relapse would've been a tremendous concept creative album. It's a shame I have to add obvious mistakes in omissions by Em. Album would been a 4.5/5 for me. In retrospect the "accents" fit the theme/concept of the album. I'll take accents with dope flows, rhyme schemes and multis over yelling and hit or miss punchlines and choppy flows.

1. My Darling
2. Dr. west Skit
3. 3 A.M.
4. My Mom
5. Insane
6. Bagpipes
7. Hello
8. Tonya (skit)
9. Same Song And Dance
10. Hell Breaks Loose feat. Dr.Dre
11. Medicine Ball
12. Paul (skit)
13. Stay Wide Awake
14. Must Be The Ganja
15. Mr. Mathers (skit)
16. Deja Vu
17. Careful What You Wish For
18. Beautiful
19. Steve Berman (skit)
20. Underground

My Darling is regular Em rapping normal no accents. Shady serial killer alter ego starts to take over on the 3rd verse. Dr west skit is an actual dream but the reality is he Relapsed and the shady serial killer alter ego/ personality has taken over at 3am. My mom and insane are the backstory to the creation of the alter ego. Hello is the welcome back re introduction of shady.Mid album is the shady/serial killer antics a la same song same dance. Mr Mathers skit is the OD of shady. Here is where the high is coming down and accents start to dissipates. Deja vu, underground and CWYWF are sobering reflection tracks. Underground is the still don't give a fukk/criminal like closing announcing Em is back. Hence why it follows the Berman skit.

The fact Dre does the bulk of the production is the icing on the cake. One of the best mixing/mastering I've ever heard on an album. Some of the production would've fit 50 in his prime.

Hello should have been a single, if not the first single really.

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hmm, I hated MMLP2... but maybe it's because i was older and completely done with em by that stage.

At least there's a couple songs I like on MMLP2. From Recovery I can name 1 or 2 at best. Completely fabricated Interscope shyt, awful guests, awful production, awful caricature version of what Eminem was before.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
i always loved Relapse because he was just rapping on that album...his accent didnt bother me as much on that album as the circus beats bothered me on previous albums...he was already doing goofy shyt for years so it wasnt a surprise to me at least. his rhyme schemes and flow was next level on that album and he was taking MCs to school the whole record.

content wise it was pretty dark and absurd, but that was cool with me. i liked Recovery too because he had no circus beats again, but its a bit commercial. much better than Marshal Mathers LP 2.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ima problem for ya boy ya think ya Tom Sawyer til i pull ya out the storyboard and put the stomp on ya

He killed drop a bomb on em

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
By long time fans of his desperately reaching. Relapse was ass. The beats stunk, and Em spent the entire album screaming, yelling, doing shytty accents and packing as many syllables as he could into his rhymes. If Pharoahe Monch, Vinnie Paz, or Canibus made this album, nobody would give a shyt, and it would be panned by everybody. the concept of this album was far better then the actual music.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
this and tes r by far my most listened to eminem albums. its like, say what u will, he indeed has alot of wack music. but he also has at least two great rap albums.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
this and tes r by far my most listened to eminem albums. its like, say what u will, he indeed has alot of wack music. but he also has at least two great rap albums.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I’ll never forget @StillNotSoft saying something along the lines of he deleted this album off of his hard drive, because if he died at his computer he didn’t want his family to think he was listening to this trash.

That post was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on the net.

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
Minus the goofy accents, it was the last album where Em felt like the real, or the "old" Eminem. The flow was always fluid and it was him and Dre, no top 40 beats, no pop hooks.

B...

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
One of my favorite albums from him honestly. Initially I was thrown off from the accents & shyt but once I got past that, it became incredibly dope. “Same Song & Dance” :wow: