Since when was Relapse considered a good album?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
this thread is why none of you nikkaz with negative takes are not and never regarded as great music reviewers.

art barr

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Honestly this album made me do a (partial) backtrack on Eminem's discography. If Marshall leaves the accent off and cuts like 4 songs this album would be received a lot differently.

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those accents were better than that garbage voice you hear on his new shyt.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Close to half the album was pretty decent. Everything he has made since has been ass. In many ways this was his last respectable album.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I actually listened to it for the first time last month because everyone here was saying it was his last good album. And honestly, it was. I mean, he did have the weird accents and the disturbing content, but here, he was in the zone creatively. He just came out of rehab, he wanted to let people know he was back with a vengeance, and he even had Dre working closely with him like in the old days. It sounded like he was back to his old self and he was having fun, and he was trying out different flows to give each song its own unique feel. Plus, Dre gave him some great beats throughout the album.

The only reason he moved away from not caring what anyone thought about his work was because it didn't go 5x platinum in one year and people didn't respond to it well. It even made him become :mjpls: towards the album. Now we have what we have because of the potential of making another Relapse and flopping. Even though as @SunZoo said, it was a real live rap album. :mjcry: In fact, this was way more deserving of being called The Marshall Mathers LP 2 than the actual one.
It's just sad that Eminem resorted to making the milquetoast sellout rap ever since. Recovery just disgusted me as a fan.

kariba

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's true that he was supposed to do Relapse 2 with similar content but it actually ended up being Refill as he eventually went the pop route with Rihanna and Pink for Recovery. :snoop:

If people are sleeping on Relapse, then they really are in a comma as regards to Refill.

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasnt great. There was def some good stuff on there. I never understood why Em always craps on that album instead of Encore. Encore is the worst album ive ever heard from a good artist. I never got the hate for Recovery either. I thought recovery was dope.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Never bumped this. Surprised so many of you did.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Relapse is a dope album

Some of the content had nikkas like :hhh: and plus em is a CAC so it was just hate from that also...

But when you step back and look at it for what it was it's a good album :yeshrug: I hope his next one is as good as relapse.

Crazy serial killer EM is 10000 times better than introspective Eminem with a pop artist on the hook...