Since when was Relapse considered a good album?

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA
3 AM is like "Kill U" on steriods...shyt is SEAMLESS and the way he was bending the words with the vocal inflections make him sound deranged.

The thing I love about Em's music is that it's an active listen...he's never had songs you could just put on in the background, I gotta get up, really get into the rapping aspect. I don't do that with a lot of artists.

Must Be The Ganja is fun to rap along to, so is My Mom even though it's silly, it's also some real shyt especially if you have a fukked up relationship with your mother (which I do). Realizing how much you are like your parents, especially when they weren't ideal citizens is kind of a hard pill to swallow, pun intended.

But I get people thinking about "when would I play/listen to this" because again...it ain't background music. I listen to R&B for vibe and ambiance. When I listen to Em I'm studying what he's doing more so than sitting back like "entertain me".
3 am and Stay Wide Awake are pure art. Those are still mind blowingly dope to me.

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA
Not exaggerating fam.

You basically just singled out all of the really bad songs on Encore.

Evil Deeds is one of my favorite Eminem songs.
Never Enough
Yellow Brick Road
Spend some Time
Mosh (underrated, would have went over better if they sped the track up)
Toy Soldiers
Crazy in love
Encore

I like all of those, more than the handfull of joints I actually like from MMLP2. Aside from those tracks you mentioned, the rest of the shyt on Encore is at least tolerable.

Not hating on your opinion though.
First time I heard Evil Deeds... :wow:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Evil Deeds is one of my favorite Eminem songs.

Yeah... We're just not going to see eye to eye. Songs like Wicked Ways, Evil Twin, Groundhogs Day, Don't Front, Brainless are some of my favorite Eminem songs... Evil Deeds, again.. horror theme music score, weird voices, terrible hook. Just not for me. Agree to disagree

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
First time I heard Evil Deeds... :wow:

:merchant:

I well acquainted with that type of nervous energy, I love that shyt.

Yeah... We're just not going to see eye to eye. Songs like Wicked Ways, Evil Twin, Groundhogs Day, Don't Front, Brainless are some of my favorite Eminem songs... Evil Deeds, again.. horror theme music score, weird voices, terrible hook. Just not for me. Agree to disagree

It's cool fam.

Wicked ways is just a rap song...it's cool but it's just raps. Evil Deeds is messy...cathartic...it's art. I like my art messy and guttural more often than not.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
My custom disc:

Now THAT shyt plays like a movie...no leaks shoehorned in there for Itunes.

I kept We Made You because I finally understood wtf it was about and how it fit the theme. Women rightfully so have issues with Eminem's lyrics but one of the biggest reasons he had a lane to run in was because girls thought he was cute, hence "We Made You". After a song like Same Song And Dance, it kinda lightens the mood and reminds you that he's joking because that song is :merchant:

No "Old Time's Sake" on there? You don't want to hear Dre drop that beat, scratch that break? :dwillhuh:

MMLP2 > RELAPSE

Legacy, Brainless, Bad Guy, Groundhogs day, Baby, Wicked Ways, Evil Twin, Survival, Rap God, all could've been on one disc alone and would shyt on that entire album. I honestly don't see what people's beef with MMLP2 was. It's better than relapse, encore and arguably recovery. THAT'S the album where he's rapping his ass off. Wicked ways and groundhogs day are lyrically better than the entire relapse album.

I wouldn't know. I've only heard a handful of tracks from that ("Legacy" is one of my favorite songs from him), but I bet I won't be able to play it front to back like Relapse.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
No "Old Time's Sake" on there? You don't want to hear Dre drop that beat, scratch that break? :dwillhuh:

Didn't fit the theme as much as I wanted to, felt like it was 'extra' in the grand scheme, didn't miss it. Way better than that crack a bottle shyt though...they only threw that on the album because it leaked and did numbers.

And had the nerve to leave My Darling and Careful What You Wish for off...smh.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Didn't fit the theme as much as I wanted to, felt like it was 'extra' in the grand scheme, didn't miss it. Way better than that crack a bottle shyt though...they only threw that on the album because it leaked and did numbers.

And had the nerve to leave My Darling and Careful What You Wish for off...smh.

Honestly, "Old Time's Sake" is one of my favorite tracks right now. I like how there's no deeper meaning to it, just Eminem and Dre going back and forth having fun on a dope beat. That song should have been huge, but it was released a couple years too early.

I even liked "Crack a Bottle," but they didn't need it though. :mjgrin:

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I never thought it was bad at all when it came out :yeshrug:
Relapse 2 was going to be better

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Honestly, "Old Time's Sake" is one of my favorite tracks right now. I like how there's no deeper meaning to it, just Eminem and Dre going back and forth having fun on a dope beat. That song should have been huge, but it was released a couple years too early.

I even liked "Crack a Bottle," but they didn't need it though. :mjgrin:
Crack a Bottle was only released because it got leaked , the OG had Eminem rapping dres verse too