Since it's legal in both states we got that gas in the air.. Clippers vs Nuggets 2nd Round Thread

Who you got?

• Clipps in 4

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Clipps in 5

Votes: 22 10.1%
  • Clipps in 6

Votes: 44 20.2%
  • Clipps in 7

Votes: 23 10.6%
  • Nuggets in 4

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Nuggets in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuggets in 6

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Nuggets in 7

Votes: 109 50.0%

• Total voters

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kawhi doesn't get hate because he really has no beefs or stan agendas. Everyone you listed exception of Giannis has something about them like stan rivalry or play style.

Kawhi really doesn't have crazy stans and he doesn't say crazy shyt, he just goes and balls..same with Giannis. Both are getting more hate this year though compared to past because both have been challenging LeBrons, one across the hall, the other with MVP race
Everybody has different circumstances truthfully

some have been judged based on having multiple all time meltdowns (CP3, James, Steph & PG13)

some have been judged because the media has gripes with the player’s attitude or personality or stuff not related to on court play (KD, Russ & Kyrie)

act like KD didn’t play horrible at the end of 2016 and skate most of the blame as the media trashed Russ

act like the extent of backlash against KD during his tenure with OKC was anything more than that “Mr Unreliable” headline

act like the media was supporting Kawhi & evil Uncle Dennis over Pop, The Spurs veterans & medical staff

had kawhi have went to Toronto and played like shyt after forcing that trade the media would have spanked him

but he didn’t...so what’s the word?

now if this team were to get bounced early after all the things that were sacrificed during the regular season in order to preserve him then I’m positive they would cook him but until then all we can do is wait and see

yep giannis is finna be back to back MVP and not take his team to the NBA Finals

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game 1 was fukked up because the league could’ve given more time to the Nuggets like an extra day. The NBA finals date wasn’t set into stone until a few days ago anyway. 1-1 is a big deal and the Nuggets got heart. Every series but Bucks-Heat is going at least 6. These the ELITE teams respect to them all and respect for them all. The way the bubble was won’t be known for years

no they didn't

its always been like that. even the rockets got 1 day off

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It’s not only Bron tho. Steph, KD, James Harden, Giannis, Kyrie, Russ, Paul George, CP3 would all catch more heat for performing the way Kawhi did tonight. Dude always escapes the scrutiny that players of his caliber usually get for lackluster performances.
I see way too many defending and dapping save a Kawhi posts :gucci:

Now I do think there is a level of sensitivity out there, but the fact there are more posts about that than Kawhi's overall play. :unimpressed:

Last edited:

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
No Magic , but Gary Harris coming back has really bolstered the Nuggets more than I thought it would have.
He’s been a huge boost. He brings a different element with his defense and if he’s knocking down 3s it opens the offense even more. I’ve always thought this Nuggets team could be a problem if they can get healthy. It’d be nice if they can get Will Barton back.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Nah, just calling out the hypocrisy of the media....When Lebron/Lakers lose the sky is falling....When Kawhi/Clippers lose they tend to get a pass....The media was crowning Kawhi after he won the title and before the season started...Give Kawhi the same treatment that you would give Lebron, Kobe, Jordan or any other superstar.

And when the Mets are good, no one in NY gives a fukk about what happens to them, they only care about the Yankees. Go show me when NY media ever cared more about a Mets loss than a Yankees loss, regardless of how good/bad the respective teams are.

thats what happens when one team in the LAKERS and the other team is the CLIPPERS

y'all some crybabies. I wouldn't give Kawhi the same treatment as MJ, Bron and Kobe cuz I don't have him on that level. I didn't see Kawhi at 18 being called the next All time greats like Bron and Kobe were. I didn't see a very young Kawhi do what young Kobe did in 2001 or what young Bron did in 2007.

Media crowned him last year because thats what happens when players win titles, dumbass. Bron, KD, Steph, Dirk, etc all got plenty of praise when they won. Did they crown Kawhi after 2014?? No, but you forgot about that huh? Also they probably crowned him before the season because the guy you're slobbing on was begging Kawhi to join his team. Laker and Klutch media members were making it seem like Kawhi signing with us was a done deal remember? You ever see Kawhi beg anyone to join him so publicly? All of that plus Kawhi's silence was creating that mystique, but y'all ignore all that and try to make 1:1 comparisons.

There's not a competitive player in the NBA y'all bron fans give props too. Y'all ENTIRE INTEREST in watching guys like Kawhi, Giannis, KD, Kyrie and Steph play is hoping they do bad so you can compare then reactions to when Bron does bad. shyt is pathetic.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Kawhi doesn't get hate because he really has no beefs or stan agendas. Everyone you listed exception of Giannis has something about them like stan rivalry or play style.

Kawhi really doesn't have crazy stans and he doesn't say crazy shyt, he just goes and balls..same with Giannis. Both are getting more hate this year though compared to past because both have been challenging LeBrons, one across the hall, the other with MVP race.

Kawhi went to SDSU because Renardo Sidney and his dad were hating on him, got him kicked off a high profile AAU team and UCLA stopped having interest in Kawhi. Not only is Kawhi not a hyped up superstar from being a teenager, he got screwed over by one! Renardo was the fukking MAN back then. James Harden had a lot of local hype back then too but Kawhi didn't. When my school played Riverside King we was looking at Kawhi like whos dis dusty ass nikka.....then he dropped 40 on us. He's an underdog while most of the stars we watch like were hyped up since teenagers.

Everybody has different circumstances truthfully

some have been judged based on having multiple all time meltdowns (CP3, James, Steph & PG13)

some have been judged because the media has gripes with the player’s attitude or personality or stuff not related to on court play (KD, Russ & Kyrie)

act like KD didn’t play horrible at the end of 2016 and skate most of the blame as the media trashed Russ

act like the extent of backlash against KD during his tenure with OKC was anything more than that “Mr Unreliable” headline

act like the media was supporting Kawhi & evil Uncle Dennis over Pop, The Spurs veterans & medical staff

had kawhi have went to Toronto and played like shyt after forcing that trade the media would have spanked him

but he didn’t...so what’s the word?

now if this team were to get bounced early after all the things that were sacrificed during the regular season in order to preserve him then I’m positive they would cook him but until then all we can do is wait and see

i gotta rep you for this one dog. Not only the media but this entire forum was shytting on Kawhi for the Uncle Dennis and Pop beef. I still remember all the low key racist comments cacs here was making about Uncle Dennis. Same with the media. But hey, Kawhi has never been hated on, ever, for anything.

if Kawhi would've choked with Toronto this board would've crucified him and Uncle D.

Good point on KD in OKC as well. He saw both sides of it right? Got called Mr Unrealiable unfairly and also skated blame for 2016 debacle.

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not only Bron tho. Steph, KD, James Harden, Giannis, Kyrie, Russ, Paul George, CP3 would all catch more heat for performing the way Kawhi did tonight. Dude always escapes the scrutiny that players of his caliber usually get for lackluster performances.
exactly

Kawhi doesn't only escape the scrutiny when he plays poorly, he also escape the scrutiny when he tried to recruit KD, and then PG to join him even though he was joining an already playoff team. He also get a pass, as a 2x defensive player of the year who's still in his prime, when he doesn't guard the best scorer on the opposing team sometimes.

a year after wining his (overrated) first fmvp, Kawhi got bounced in the first round. nobody said shyt.
after that, he was 2nd in mvp voting while averaging only 21, 7 and 2 and lost in the 2nd round (after beating the Lance Stephenson-led Grizzlies in the 1st round) and got outplayed by KD and also his teammate Aldridge. people act like it didn't happen at that time while KD and Westbrook got shytted on when they lost in the conference finals.

the coli are waiting for the raptors to lose just to say how much they needed Kawhi.

Last edited:

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
Nah, just calling out the hypocrisy of the media....When Lebron/Lakers lose the sky is falling....When Kawhi/Clippers lose they tend to get a pass....The media was crowning Kawhi after he won the title and before the season started...Give Kawhi the same treatment that you would give Lebron, Kobe, Jordan or any other superstar.
:banderas:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Every star that is a product of today's league is an effigy that is burned at every opportunity on this board. It's the reason why someone like Kawhi escapes ridicule because he's perceived as a 90s throwback.

Kawhi is this board's last hope of hanging onto the past; he's fighting the good fight against the evils of the 3-pt shot. These ole dusty ass nikkas on this board wouldn't dare throw stones at him.

:lolbron:
KD TAKES MORE MID RANGE SHOTS
THAN ANYONE SO THESE POSTS
MAKE ZERO SENSE.

:devil:
:evil:

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers

Kawhi really doesn't have crazy stans and he doesn't say crazy shyt, he just goes and balls..same with Giannis. Both are getting more hate this year though compared to past because both have been challenging LeBrons, one across the hall, the other with MVP race.
Giannis has started to get hate from Harden stans now too. For winning mvp last year and taking shots at Harden’s defense

Daps
Reppin
704. Formerly 212 and 843.
Kawhi went to SDSU because Renardo Sidney and his dad were hating on him, got him kicked off a high profile AAU team and UCLA stopped having interest in Kawhi. Not only is Kawhi not a hyped up superstar from being a teenager, he got screwed over by one! Renardo was the fukking MAN back then. James Harden had a lot of local hype back then too but Kawhi didn't. When my school played Riverside King we was looking at Kawhi like whos dis dusty ass nikka.....then he dropped 40 on us. He's an underdog while most of the stars we watch like were hyped up since teenagers.

i gotta rep you for this one dog. Not only the media but this entire forum was shytting on Kawhi for the Uncle Dennis and Pop beef. I still remember all the low key racist comments cacs here was making about Uncle Dennis. Same with the media. But hey, Kawhi has never been hated on, ever, for anything.

if Kawhi would've choked with Toronto this board would've crucified him and Uncle D.

Good point on KD in OKC as well. He saw both sides of it right? Got called Mr Unrealiable unfairly and also skated blame for 2016 debacle.

I guess some people have memory holed Skip Bayless referring to Kawhi as only #2, going after Uncle Dennis and saying that Kawhi's leg injury was only a deep thigh bruise.